Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Cris Carter calls out Sidney Rice

Carter makes voice heard at Camp Fitzgerald

Rice said he would follow a similar plan this summer and workout with Fitzgerald/Carter again, but so far he has not made an appearance at the camp held at the University of Minnesota. That brought an interesting response from Carter after Thursday's workout when asked what is the challenge for Rice this season coming off his first Pro Bowl year.

"I donít know," Carter said. "You have to ask him. I donít know what itís like to have one good year and then disappear. I donít know what itís like. Thatís on him. I really donít know. Ö If I had that kind of impact on him he should have been here today."

Re:Cris Carter calls out Sidney Rice

Agent says Sidney Rice has a lingering hip injury

Rosenhaus said on his Twitter page (via Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune) that Rice has "a lingering hip injury that he suffered in the playoffs." Rosenhaus also said that surgery isn't anticipated, and that Rice is "hopeful that he will be fully healthy for the start of the season."

Sidney Rice says he'll be ready for training camp

"It's not bad," Rice said. "Just being cautious with it. I can run. I'm jogging and sprinting. I'm just not doing a lot of cutting and different things like that. The doctors feel this is the best thing."

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Sidney's work ethic is one I wouldn't question. Along with Shiancoe and T-Jack to name a couple.

Injury has definitely been a problem though..hopefully it's nothing.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Come on CC...you are wearing yourself out criticizing Vikes. This is a BS comment, from a guy that is becoming more BS.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Aparantly Rice is hurt?
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d819095de/article/vikes-wr-rice-downplays-injury-rumors-says-hes-on-the-mend

Not what I like to hear. That would explain why he's not there, but that's not good. He said he can't cut, and it's been almost 6 months since the last game.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

MaxVike wrote:
    Come on CC...you are wearing yourself out criticizing Vikes. This is a BS comment, from a guy that is becoming more BS.
    But if Rice said he would be there and didn't call or contact them in any way to say he was hurt and couldn't make it, then he has every right to be annoyed.

1000 different ways to contact someone these days
    Purple till i die

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    But if Rice said he would be there and didn't call or contact them in any way to say he was hurt and couldn't make it, then he has every right to be annoyed.

1000 different ways to contact someone these days
    Where does it say that Sid said he'd be there? From what I've read, Carter was responding to a reporter's question about the upcoming challenges of the 2010 season for Rice.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Carter gave Rice some tough love during Fitzgerald's summer workouts for NFL players and Rice took those words to heart and improved his work ethic.

Rice said he would follow a similar plan this summer and workout with Fitzgerald/Carter again, but so far he has not made an appearance at the camp held at the University of Minnesota. That brought an interesting response from Carter after Thursday's workout when asked what is the challenge for Rice this season coming off his first Pro Bowl year.

"I donít know," Carter said. "You have to ask him. I donít know what itís like to have one good year and then disappear.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Carter gave Rice some tough love during Fitzgerald's summer workouts for NFL players and Rice took those words to heart and improved his work ethic.

"I donít know," Carter said. "You have to ask him. I donít know what itís like to have one good year and then disappear.
    Again - when did he say that, and who did he say that to? It doesn't say. I could very easily read that and draw the conclusion that Rice told reporters the week after the NFCC that he would be doing the same thing that summer. And then this hip injury (which kept him out of the Pro Bowl) turned out to be worse that initially speculated.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast