Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55
  1. #1
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,779

    Cris Carter calls out Sidney Rice

    Carter makes voice heard at Camp Fitzgerald

    Rice said he would follow a similar plan this summer and workout with Fitzgerald/Carter again, but so far he has not made an appearance at the camp held at the University of Minnesota. That brought an interesting response from Carter after Thursday's workout when asked what is the challenge for Rice this season coming off his first Pro Bowl year.

    "I donít know," Carter said. "You have to ask him. I donít know what itís like to have one good year and then disappear. I donít know what itís like. Thatís on him. I really donít know. Ö If I had that kind of impact on him he should have been here today."

  2. #2
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,779

    Re:Cris Carter calls out Sidney Rice

    Agent says Sidney Rice has a lingering hip injury

    Rosenhaus said on his Twitter page (via Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune) that Rice has "a lingering hip injury that he suffered in the playoffs." Rosenhaus also said that surgery isn't anticipated, and that Rice is "hopeful that he will be fully healthy for the start of the season."

  3. #3
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,779

    Re:Cris Carter calls out Sidney Rice

    Sidney Rice says he'll be ready for training camp

    "It's not bad," Rice said. "Just being cautious with it. I can run. I'm jogging and sprinting. I'm just not doing a lot of cutting and different things like that. The doctors feel this is the best thing."

  4. #4
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,452

    Re:Cris Carter calls out Sidney Rice

    Sidney's work ethic is one I wouldn't question. Along with Shiancoe and T-Jack to name a couple.

    Injury has definitely been a problem though..hopefully it's nothing.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  5. #5
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,563

    Re:Cris Carter calls out Sidney Rice

    Come on CC...you are wearing yourself out criticizing Vikes. This is a BS comment, from a guy that is becoming more BS.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  6. #6
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Cris Carter calls out Sidney Rice

    Aparantly Rice is hurt?
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d819095de/article/vikes-wr-rice-downplays-injury-rumors-says-hes-on-the-mend

    Not what I like to hear. That would explain why he's not there, but that's not good. He said he can't cut, and it's been almost 6 months since the last game.

  7. #7
    Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Portsmouth UK
    Posts
    655

    Re:Cris Carter calls out Sidney Rice

    MaxVike wrote:
    Come on CC...you are wearing yourself out criticizing Vikes. This is a BS comment, from a guy that is becoming more BS.
    But if Rice said he would be there and didn't call or contact them in any way to say he was hurt and couldn't make it, then he has every right to be annoyed.

    1000 different ways to contact someone these days
    Purple till i die

  8. #8
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Cris Carter calls out Sidney Rice

    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    Come on CC...you are wearing yourself out criticizing Vikes. This is a BS comment, from a guy that is becoming more BS.
    But if Rice said he would be there and didn't call or contact them in any way to say he was hurt and couldn't make it, then he has every right to be annoyed.

    1000 different ways to contact someone these days
    Where does it say that Sid said he'd be there? From what I've read, Carter was responding to a reporter's question about the upcoming challenges of the 2010 season for Rice.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #9
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Cris Carter calls out Sidney Rice

    Carter gave Rice some tough love during Fitzgerald's summer workouts for NFL players and Rice took those words to heart and improved his work ethic.

    Rice said he would follow a similar plan this summer and workout with Fitzgerald/Carter again, but so far he has not made an appearance at the camp held at the University of Minnesota. That brought an interesting response from Carter after Thursday's workout when asked what is the challenge for Rice this season coming off his first Pro Bowl year.

    "I donít know," Carter said. "You have to ask him. I donít know what itís like to have one good year and then disappear.

  10. #10
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Cris Carter calls out Sidney Rice

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Carter gave Rice some tough love during Fitzgerald's summer workouts for NFL players and Rice took those words to heart and improved his work ethic.

    Rice said he would follow a similar plan this summer and workout with Fitzgerald/Carter again, but so far he has not made an appearance at the camp held at the University of Minnesota. That brought an interesting response from Carter after Thursday's workout when asked what is the challenge for Rice this season coming off his first Pro Bowl year.

    "I donít know," Carter said. "You have to ask him. I donít know what itís like to have one good year and then disappear.
    Again - when did he say that, and who did he say that to? It doesn't say. I could very easily read that and draw the conclusion that Rice told reporters the week after the NFCC that he would be doing the same thing that summer. And then this hip injury (which kept him out of the Pro Bowl) turned out to be worse that initially speculated.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cris Carter
    By acman1 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 06:50 AM
  2. Sidney Rice - the new Jerry Rice
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 02:57 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 05:47 AM
  4. The Next Cris Carter???????
    By snowinapril in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 07:30 PM
  5. Cris Carter
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 07:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •