Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Cris Carter authorized bounties

Ex-Viking Carter admits to authorizing bounties
    Football: NFL Sports News at wabc

Cris Carter reveals he used bounties while with Vikings, EaglesNFL.com
    Cris Carter reveals he used bounties while with Vikings, Eagles - NFL.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Uhhhh Ohhhhhh, this is going to pop a lot of Vikings fans bubbles (on the facebook site) that told me it wasn't something that was prevalent around the league but only really a Aint's thing.

You know what else hasn't gotten much play? That we were caught CHEATING in an effort to get UDFA's in before other teams.

LOL, were is the crowd calling for us to give up draft picks over that next year?

I guess we have a bit of a duality issue around these here parts when it comes to teams doing things that break the rules ehhhhhh.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I guess we have a bit of a duality issue around these here parts when it comes to teams doing things that break the rules ehhhhhh.
    You're first noticing double-standards now?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    You're first noticing double-standards now?
    LOL, you know better than that. Just forgot to put in the "Sarcsim Alert" thing......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Uhhhh Ohhhhhh, this is going to pop a lot of Vikings fans bubbles (on the facebook site) that told me it wasn't something that was prevalent around the league but only really a Aint's thing.

You know what else hasn't gotten much play? That we were caught CHEATING in an effort to get UDFA's in before other teams.

LOL, were is the crowd calling for us to give up draft picks over that next year?

Only the difference between Carter's 'bounties' and Vilma's was like night and day.

Carters=protect my ass
    Vilmas=break his ankle

Hmmmm..
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    After reading Carters comments I think he may have taken a couple more big hits to the head than he is admitting to. He seems to be confusing the term reward with the term bounty. Rewarding your team mates for protecting you is different that paying your team mates to injure someone.

WWBGD

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    I look at this as a sad attempt by Carter to get his name in the headlines again. The guy yearns for the spotlight.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I look at this as a sad attempt by Carter to get his name in the headlines again. The guy yearns for the spotlight.
    Yeah, this reeks of attention whoring.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Agreed. Don't think he said anything significant, just trying to get people to mention him.

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    After reading Carters comments I think he may have taken a couple more big hits to the head than he is admitting to. He seems to be confusing the term reward with the term bounty. Rewarding your team mates for protecting you is different that paying your team mates to injure someone.
    Damn! If only Vilma had said he would "reward" a player with $10,000 for taking a player out, he wouldn't be suspended.

sarcasm off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast