Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Credibility of "sources" Yahoo, PFT, ESPN

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=10pt]Favre Never Sent X-Rays to Minnesota, Irked Yahoo! Sports Editor Tells Herr Florio[/size]

http://thevikingage.com/2009/05/10/f...s-herr-florio/

Marrdro's comments follow:
    SNICKER SNICKER.

;D
    Yahoo sports, what a joke. There are named yahoo for a reason. I think I would believe ESPN and PFT before this clown from Yahoo. LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA Already posted BTW.
    That guy from Yahoo sounds pretty credible though, I heard he was related to Wilf...

Regarding rumors of a familial relationship between Schwartz and Wilf, Schwartz initially clammed up.

“No comment,” he said.

Shortly thereafter, Schwartz said that he’s “not directly” related to Wilf.

Schwartz would say only that his source is a member of the Vikings organization.
    “I can’t tell you which member of the Vikings’ organization because I know all of them,” Schwartz said.
    http://beta.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

I bet he's almost as credible as a ball-boy.
    The funny thing is if they were related, why would Wilf tell him anything? He works for a news company. How dumb would that be if he is not telling anyone else anything. Again until Favre or the Vikings say anything, I could care less what these guys say. IMO they have had talks, Childress already said they would talk about it. That is all we know.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    Already posted BTW.
    Search seems to not be working for me.

Mix in a few (almost a week) of no PPO because of the comm closet and I am trying to not read Lord Dickhead threads and you could see how I might have missed it......... ;D

Anyways, love how the yutz reporters and talking heads are tearing themselves apart of late.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I can't wait to hear Rick Schwartzs comments.
    ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    ;D

Hey, its ESPN.
    They are almost as bad as SI of late so I don't think he is to worried at this point.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    ;D

Hey, its ESPN.
    They are almost as bad as SI of late so I don't think he is to worried at this point.
    He is not worried because he has crawled in a dark cave somewhere hoping he would be right to make a name for himself.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

Anybody else getting the feeling that the media is making this into a circus more than Favre is?
    Yes.

Well, that and PP.O
    Of course the media is making it out to be more than it is.. but sooner or later all the media spew becomes real pressure and then the real circus begins.

This is just the beginning of the chaos.. I hope for the Vikings sake that is doesn't consume the team all offseason like it did with the Packers.. the players sooner or later become sick of it all.. and then they very well may turn against him even if he does join the team..

"pack93z" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

Anybody else getting the feeling that the media is making this into a circus more than Favre is?
    Yes.

Well, that and PP.O
    Of course the media is making it out to be more than it is.. but sooner or later all the media spew becomes real pressure and then the real circus begins.

This is just the beginning of the chaos.. I hope for the Vikings sake that is doesn't consume the team all offseason like it did with the Packers.. the players sooner or later become sick of it all.. and then they very well may turn against him even if he does join the team..
    I disagree. What the hell do the players care? They have a job and should be focused on that. The only one I see caring is Sage or TJ, and well quite frankly, I don't give a rats ass. TJ had a shot. He proved he needs more learning time. Sage will just have to somehow try to beat out Favre. I don't see that happening. IMO Sage is a poor man's Favre.

Jimmymeboy is offline Starter

"MVIKING7" wrote:
    I am so sick of this He said she said circus. I don't want him, I think a majority of true Purplre faithful don't want him (except of course the youngens) and having him here is NOT what this franchise deserves. I still go back to what I've said in other posts.....do we really want a Packer legend guiding this organization to a Supe? We've hated this guy all these years, bashed him and his fans and his team, and now all of a sudden we do an about face and welcome him with open arms? I am a traditionalist and don't want him here....he would tarnish our franchise and our history. The players want him, because they are not fans of the franchise..they are paid employees looking to win a ring any way they can. We as "devoted loyal" fans are fans of the organization really. When a player leaves, we don't change teams do we? In a nut shell, like I've said before, if this were a legend from any other team, or just a guy that played a couple of years for the Packers, I'd say fine. But this guy "IS" the Packers, whether he's pissed at them or not. At some point, he will sign a 1 day deal and retire as one, the way he should. Please let's not egg this thing on. I've been a fan over 40 years, and when we do finally win a Supe, I want it to mean something.
    I've only been a fan for 35 years, but I know where you're coming from, MVike.
    I have been going back and forth on this way too much.
    After reading your post I'm back in the "FUCK FARVE" mode!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"marstc09" wrote:

IMO Sage is a poor man's Favre.
    LOL! You've said that several times here & Sage is not even close to Favre's caliber, even including his declining years, except in throwing far to many interceptions & ill-advisedly forcing the ball.

Sage is nowhere near as close to Favre when it came to throwing TD's.

Sage's INT/TD ratio is 97%

Favre's INT/TD ratio is 67%

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123