Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Credibility of "sources" Yahoo, PFT, ESPN

"marstc09" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:
    I am so sick of this He said she said circus. I don't want him, I think a majority of true Purplre faithful don't want him (except of course the youngens) and having him here is NOT what this franchise deserves. I still go back to what I've said in other posts.....do we really want a Packer legend guiding this organization to a Supe? We've hated this guy all these years, bashed him and his fans and his team, and now all of a sudden we do an about face and welcome him with open arms? I am a traditionalist and don't want him here....he would tarnish our franchise and our history. The players want him, because they are not fans of the franchise..they are paid employees looking to win a ring any way they can. We as "devoted loyal" fans are fans of the organization really. When a player leaves, we don't change teams do we? In a nut shell, like I've said before, if this were a legend from any other team, or just a guy that played a couple of years for the Packers, I'd say fine. But this guy "IS" the Packers, whether he's pissed at them or not. At some point, he will sign a 1 day deal and retire as one, the way he should. Please let's not egg this thing on. I've been a fan over 40 years, and when we do finally win a Supe, I want it to mean something.
    LMFAO! You are only a true purple faithful if you don't want him?! ROTFL! Please.
    :
    READ THE POST AGIAN

Never said what your implying
    Why even use the word "true" then? Are there "untrue" purple faithful?
    You wanna pick my words apart...fine, but you know what I meant. Fans are fans and entitled to feel how they want, as am I.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

The media is getting out of hand, it's pretty rediculous if you ask me...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    The media is getting out of hand, it's pretty rediculous if you ask me...
    I agree AOLfanhouse.com is reporting Jets want Pacman.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"idahovikefan7" wrote:
    Ya at this point you can't really rely on anything that is being said. One day Favre is going to be a viking for sure, and the next he's staying retired no matter what.

I'm not going to believe anything at all until i actually hear it come out of favre or or chillys mouth.
    Which is exactly why I am having a harder time putting any blame on Favre. He hasn't lied he technically is retired. Is it wrong for him to talk to others(Vikings) about playing again? If he decides to come out then he does. But exactly we have heard nothing from favre or Chilly or the Vikings directly about the situation. The Media and their (Sources) are the ones making this into a huge deal not Favre. Not saying that he has caused some drama in the past but lets lay blame were blame is due. This time it is the media and their "sources".

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

This is getting ridiculous. I don't trust any of the reports that are coming out any more and at this point I frankly don't care. Last week I was all for Favre becoming a Viking but as this process has dragged on it's leaving pretty much everyone with total Favre apathy. Favre, please go away forever so I don't have to think about your graying, wrangler wearing ass one more second of my life. You've gone from being the love child of the NFL to the guy that everyone wants to just shut the hell up and disappear.

"Garland" wrote:
    "idahovikefan7" wrote:
    Ya at this point you can't really rely on anything that is being said. One day Favre is going to be a viking for sure, and the next he's staying retired no matter what.

I'm not going to believe anything at all until i actually hear it come out of favre or or chillys mouth.
    Which is exactly why I am having a harder time putting any blame on Favre. He hasn't lied he technically is retired. Is it wrong for him to talk to others(Vikings) about playing again? If he decides to come out then he does. But exactly we have heard nothing from favre or Chilly or the Vikings directly about the situation. The Media and their (Sources) are the ones making this into a huge deal not Favre. Not saying that he has caused some drama in the past but lets lay blame were blame is due. This time it is the media and their "sources".
    Yes i definitely agree it is all media hype right now. Something small gets leaked out by all of these so called "credible" sources. And the media completely blows it out of proportion. The topic is dead one day, and the next Favre is "close" to signing with the vikings. Thats why I'm just going to ignore all of the hype until it is confirmed by Favre himself or the chilly.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Frankly, I'm loving this.
    First, it keeps the fans busy during the post season which tends to be pretty boring here on PPo and second, it keeps the Vikings in the media.
    Sure, most of them are still only looking at the QB position but some have gone a bit farther and looked at the sort of impact he would have on the entire team.

This is not a distraction to the Vikings, especially not the Vikings coaching staff.
    They know if they are bringing him in or not.
    Either way they are game planning for 2009 fully informed.
    Think of the distraction this is for the other teams in the NFC North though?
    "Geez, how do we stop the Vikings O with Favre and AD?"
    "Should we switch to a 3-4 like GB, is the 3-4 the best way to stop that?
    Does Favre have anything left?
    Can we single cover Harvin and Berrian with Favre back there?
    What's Peterson going to do if we keep the Safety deep?"
    Sure, they are probably still game planning for how to stop Peterson but somewhere, nagging, deep in the back of their mind they have to be wondering what the impact of Favre would be.
    That sort of distraction is nothing but good news for the Vikings.

My guess is nothing happens before June.
    Favre is too old to want to come in and do the OTAs here in May.
    He'd wait until June and then come in for Training Camp, if he comes in.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

[size=10pt]Favre Never Sent X-Rays to Minnesota, Irked Yahoo! Sports Editor Tells Herr Florio[/size]

http://thevikingage.com/2009/05/10/f...s-herr-florio/

Marrdro's comments follow:
    SNICKER SNICKER.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=10pt]Favre Never Sent X-Rays to Minnesota, Irked Yahoo! Sports Editor Tells Herr Florio[/size]

SNICKER SNICKER.

;D
    Yahoo sports, what a joke. They are named yahoo for a reason. I think I would believe ESPN and PFT before this clown from Yahoo. When has Yahoo broke a story? LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA Already posted BTW. Some guy trying to make a name for himself. Until Favre or the Vikings say something, they are all speculating. The silence from the Vikings speaks for itself.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

SNICKER SNICKER.

;D
    Yahoo sports, what a joke. There are named yahoo for a reason. I think I would believe ESPN and PFT before this clown from Yahoo. LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA Already posted BTW.
    That guy from Yahoo sounds pretty credible though, I heard he was related to Wilf...

Regarding rumors of a familial relationship between Schwartz and Wilf, Schwartz initially clammed up.

“No comment,” he said.

Shortly thereafter, Schwartz said that he’s “not directly” related to Wilf.

Schwartz would say only that his source is a member of the Vikings organization.
    “I can’t tell you which member of the Vikings’ organization because I know all of them,” Schwartz said.
    http://beta.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

I bet he's almost as credible as a ball-boy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast