Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Credibility of "sources" Yahoo, PFT, ESPN

First it was Yahoo reporting that Favre said he was retire, now that appears not the case, Now they say No X-Rays were sent. They seem to be saying the exact opposite of what is being reported on everything. But Now according to PFT Yahoo seems to be back peddling as to what was reported ect.
    Everyone has this "Source" but all are saying the exact opposite. Anybody else getting the feeling that the media is making this into a circus more than Favre is? Especially since we have heard really nothing from Favre directly or teh Vikings outside of we were looking into the possibility

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/10/yahoo-sports-editor-no-x-rays-were-sent-to-minnesota/

Yahoo! Sports Editor: No X-rays Were Sent To Minnesota
    Posted by Mike Florio on May 10, 2009, 10:33 a.m. EDT

After posting our item from last night regarding the e-mail I received from Mark Pesavente of Yahoo! Sports regarding the twisting-in-the-wind report from Rick Schwartz of that same publication, I received a couple of additional e-mails from him.

The final e-mail expressed dismay over my assumption that any of the e-mails he sent to me were “on the record.”

And my final e-mail to Pesavente expressed dismay over his assumption that, when someone sends me an e-mail, it’s off the record even if the sender of the e-mail doesn’t utter the magic words.

It’s really not that hard, and most of my sources who prefer to remain nameless know how to invoke the protection that any journalist (real or pretend) worth his or her salt is willing to provide in exchange for information.

It comes in different forms (”off the record” . . . “don’t quote me on this” . . . “on background” . . . “if you tell anyone I told you this I’ll kick you in the nuts with a steel-toed sneaker”).
    But Pesavente, as the Assistant (to the) Managing Editor of Yahoo! Sports, presumably knows that there’s never a presumption that anything is “off the record.”

So, anyway, here’s what Pesavente had to say in his follow-up e-mail, before realizing that anything he was saying was fair game for publication.

He said that Yahoo! Sports knows that, contrary to multiple reports, no X-rays were sent by Brett Favre to the Vikings.

“I don’t want to come off as defensive, but since we’re talking about the reporting of this story, please hear me out: Despite what
    [ESPN’s Jeremy] Schaap reported (something other media outlets have latched onto), we know there were no X-rays sent to Minnesota.
    Our (highly-placed and very reliable) Vikings source told us so and Bus Cook has since confirmed that.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Credibility of "sources" Yahoo, PFT, ESPN

"Garland" wrote:

Anybody else getting the feeling that the media is making this into a circus more than Favre is?
    Yes.

Well, that and PP.O

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

I am so sick of this He said she said circus. I don't want him, I think a majority of true Purplre faithful don't want him (except of course the youngens) and having him here is NOT what this franchise deserves. I still go back to what I've said in other posts.....do we really want a Packer legend guiding this organization to a Supe? We've hated this guy all these years, bashed him and his fans and his team, and now all of a sudden we do an about face and welcome him with open arms? I am a traditionalist and don't want him here....he would tarnish our franchise and our history. The players want him, because they are not fans of the franchise..they are paid employees looking to win a ring any way they can. We as "devoted loyal" fans are fans of the organization really. When a player leaves, we don't change teams do we? In a nut shell, like I've said before, if this were a legend from any other team, or just a guy that played a couple of years for the Packers, I'd say fine. But this guy "IS" the Packers, whether he's pissed at them or not. At some point, he will sign a 1 day deal and retire as one, the way he should. Please let's not egg this thing on. I've been a fan over 40 years, and when we do finally win a Supe, I want it to mean something.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

Anybody else getting the feeling that the media is making this into a circus more than Favre is?
    Yes.

Well, that and PP.O
    +1 Fuck the media.

"MVIKING7" wrote:
    I am so sick of this He said she said circus. I don't want him, I think a majority of true Purplre faithful don't want him (except of course the youngens) and having him here is NOT what this franchise deserves. I still go back to what I've said in other posts.....do we really want a Packer legend guiding this organization to a Supe? We've hated this guy all these years, bashed him and his fans and his team, and now all of a sudden we do an about face and welcome him with open arms? I am a traditionalist and don't want him here....he would tarnish our franchise and our history. The players want him, because they are not fans of the franchise..they are paid employees looking to win a ring any way they can. We as "devoted loyal" fans are fans of the organization really. When a player leaves, we don't change teams do we? In a nut shell, like I've said before, if this were a legend from any other team, or just a guy that played a couple of years for the Packers, I'd say fine. But this guy "IS" the Packers, whether he's pissed at them or not. At some point, he will sign a 1 day deal and retire as one, the way he should. Please let's not egg this thing on. I've been a fan over 40 years, and when we do finally win a Supe, I want it to mean something.
    LMFAO! You are only a true purple faithful if you don't want him?! ROTFL! Please.
    :

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

"marstc09" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:
    LMFAO! You are only a true purple faithful if you don't want him?! ROTFL! Please.
    :
    READ THE POST AGIAN
    Never said what your implying

"MVIKING7" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:
    :
    READ THE POST AGIAN

Never said what your implying
    Why even use the word "true" then? Are there "untrue" purple faithful?

Bill is offline Rookie

Yahoo is right.
    ESPN is making everything they posted up and making it up.
    Yahoo know it all.
    Favre career is over.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

God forbid Childress or Favre say anything
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Ya at this point you can't really rely on anything that is being said. One day Favre is going to be a viking for sure, and the next he's staying retired no matter what.

I'm not going to believe anything at all until i actually hear it come out of favre or or chillys mouth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast