Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Crazy Idea for next game

How about using the two guys we drafted in the first round. With the exception of the QBs, every first round pick played in week one. Erasmus being inactive is idiotic. Pollack signed after him and played. Benson got a few carries for Chicago. You'd think he could at least be there as an option to go in after taking him 18th overall. Troy was taken 7th overall and not thrown to once. I like the recievers but you have to use a guy if you're going to take him that high. Bringing him along slwoly makes no sense after watching the catches he made in the preseason. If we have better recievers, why did they draft him over a defensive player like Derick Johnson or Thomas Davis. I actually like both these picks but they need to play. This had nothing to do with the outcome of the game Sunday, but maybe we should use guys in which we invested so much. 2 first rounds picks are a huge investment. This is just an example of the weak minds we have in charge of our beloved team. Pathetic. Oh, but throw Marcus Johnson in the starting lineup and allow the defense to tee off on Daunte and our backs.

[color=red]

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Crazy Idea for next game

If the O-Line plays better I think Tice will definatly put Troy in for a few plays. As far as Erasmus goes, he needs to start playing....

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

This is why they didn't play Erasmus last week;

"James ailing
    First-round defensive end Erasmus James, who was inactive for Sunday's game, went to see a doctor last week after feeling fatigued and experiencing headaches for an extended period. "They said it was mono-like symptoms but it wasn't mono," said James, who was given antibiotics. "I'm feeling much better this week."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    This is why they didn't play Erasmus last week;

"James ailing
    First-round defensive end Erasmus James, who was inactive for Sunday's game, went to see a doctor last week after feeling fatigued and experiencing headaches for an extended period. "They said it was mono-like symptoms but it wasn't mono," said James, who was given antibiotics. "I'm feeling much better this week."
    GOOD CATCH, singersp!!! BTW, welcome aboard!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I say let the coaches coach and the fans fan....or something like that.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Agreed, players will start to play better every game, so lets not pannic, get sound technique, good things are coming.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    So enlighten me about the purpose of this message board. I was under the impression it was to discuss the Vikes. Fans have every right to question the coaches, especially here.

[color=red]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Ok Mr. serious do what you want, but it seems to me that all you do is
    b!tch about everything and are never happy with what's going on with the team. You can do what you want, I was really just kidding.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

I think that Mensa has a point.

Detroit played the wideout we were supposed to take and he caught a TD. Don't get me wrong, the guy didn't "light it up", but he got open, caught the ball, and recorded a TD. Something our entire offense failed to do. Also, Tampa's Rookie TE scored 2 TDs on us.

I guess what Mensa is saying, where's the return on our investments?

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I do not understand. People are saying the Williamson draft pick is a bust, because somebody else caught a 3 yard TD (his only catch of the day).

And in another post I am agruing with people that want to keep giving Bennett the ball and he has done nothing for 2 years.

Maybe give Williamson until mid season. Bennett has had 4 years and has had 1 good season. But we should keep giving him the ball?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast