Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Cpep uncomfortable with new OC

Sorry if this has been already posted, but maybe DC looks so hesitant because his comfort blanket is in Miami now. Look what the fish did yesturday, 34 frikin' points. Who would have imagined that the fish could have ever scored 34 points against the Bronco's D. I think that losing the OC was the major factor in DC looking tentative yesturday.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Cpep uncomfortable with new OC

That's a good point. He kept audibling a the beginning of the game, but then turned it over every time he did...and then he stopped doing that. I was wondering about that during the game, but kinda forgot about it.

pigskinronin is offline Starter

I've been griping about this myself. Some fans on here were happy to see Linehan go, and I'm sure they will tell you so. My major gripe was Culpepper was comfortable with Linehan and his offensive scheme. The offense was set (w/ or w/o Moss).

Well, it is what it is -- Linehan is gone and we have a new OC. I liked the idea of staying in-house to try and keep the same offensive scheme in place, but after one game it doesn't look like they will take off from where they ended last season. A lot can be attributed to the O-line as many have mentioned. The offense will get better, they will have learning moments along the way --- but look for this offense to be a good one.

With that being said, I read an alarming article on profootballtalk.com yesterday (keep in mind this is a crazy prediction): they predict Tice to be fired before the season is done with Cottrell taking over as interim coach. Then they went as far to say Culpepper would lobby for Linehan to return as head coach!

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

Wow!!!!!! If we are 0-4 out of the Box: Tice will be gone! Linehan would be great.....but what about the Fassel rumor?.....Or Billick rumor?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"VegasLadyJae" wrote:
    Wow!!!!!! If we are 0-4 out of the Box: Tice will be gone! Linehan would be great.....but what about the Fassel rumor?.....Or Billick rumor?
    Unless Billick gets fired too, he is not going anywhere.

Fassel is just that a rumor.

Not worth talking about Tice ain't going anywhere soon because we aren't going to stink it up that bad. That is why Tice wasn't gone before. The teams he coached were talented (less so on D, more on O) and carried his ass.

It is not worth talking about.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Even with Linehan and Moss, we have still struggled against the cover 2. Just think of Bears games in the past. They always frustrated our offense by playing the same cover 2 that Tampa played yesterday.

Personally I think it is the cover 2 that hurt our offense the most yesterday, since we always seem to struggle against it. Offensive line play was 2nd and daunte just plain having a bad day was 3rd on my list.

"pigskinronin" wrote:
    My major gripe was Culpepper was comfortable with Linehan and his offensive scheme. The offense was set (w/ or w/o Moss).
    True, with or without 84, we were playing well last year.

Leads me to believe that 11 was part of the reason for doing well. Looney can't be that bad, can he?

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i'd rather have Billick over Linehan or Fassel. it was with his offensive scheme that we were unstoppable in '98. i think Tice should be demoted back to the o-line job, he was good at that, and if i had to choose between Loney and Tice for o-line job it would definately be Tice. i don't see us firing Tice though, it would basically be giving up on the season if we that.

Thanks Josdin

pigskinronin is offline Starter

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Unless Billick gets fired too, he is not going anywhere.

Fassel is just that a rumor.

Not worth talking about Tice ain't going anywhere soon because we aren't going to stink it up that bad. That is why Tice wasn't gone before. The teams he coached were talented (less so on D, more on O) and carried his jiggly butt.

It is not worth talking about.
    Snow,

I agree with you. I brought up the rumor because I thought it was relevant to the OC (Linehan) subject. Vikings will be 1-1 after this weekend!

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    i'd rather have Billick over Linehan or Fassel. it was with his offensive scheme that we were unstoppable in '98. i think Tice should be demoted back to the o-line job, he was good at that, and if i had to choose between Loney and Tice for o-line job it would definately be Tice. i don't see us firing Tice though, it would basically be giving up on the season if we that.
    Billick is not even an option, I heard him say that he is a "Baltimorian" just last week. He is already a head coach, he isn't going to be coming to MN. I never wanted him to leave but he did get a SB out of it, I am glad for him and the Raven. They'll find an O someday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast