Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    bfld is offline Rookie

Re: CPep finally speaks on a variety of topics.

If your job is to develop and preserve a good public image for your company and you get caught doing that; yes they should fire your jiggly but.

eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

Everyone who wants the players gone right now question for you. If YOU were accused of a crime you did not commit should you be fired? Daunte and Smoot have repeatedly denied that they did these things.. let's wait until after the trial before throwing them under a bus!

Sig courtesy of josdin00

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"bfld" wrote:
    If your job is to develop and preserve a good public image for your company and you get caught doing that; yes they should fire your jiggly but.
    Again, CPep is a human like you or I or any member on this board. Open your closet or for that matter anyone in the public's closet and pull out the skeletons .... They are there, he just made a mistake and will pay for it ... then we move on.

If you want to continue this, fine. CPep is gone and B.J. is the starter for this team or some unproven F/A or drafted QB from this year draft. B.J. is 37 years old and will not be able to take the beating of playing full time for a couple consecutive years. Shaun Hill is not the answer. The unproven F/A or drafted QB takes 2 or 3 years to either learn our "O" system or become comfortable in it. By that time, we lose our "D" as many are signed for only a year or two. This team sucks, you come here and complain about it ... but, you are able to sleep at night knowing that the Vikes took the "moral" high ground on an episode that regularly occurs !?!

Is that where you are trying to get at or is it something else ??

bfld is offline Rookie

It's not a question of whether they will be found guilty or have it plead down. This isn't a question of due process. They failed to do their job just by being there, and CP especially failed either by not having the brains to see trouble coming or by not having the ability and respect a leader is suppose to have and put a stop to it.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"bfld" wrote:
    If that's his idea of being a team leader, we are in big trouble.
    Then I guess we are in trouble then.

It amazes me that people think the easiest way to deal with a problem is to get rid of it. WOW!!!!!!!!!!

It is not that cut and dry.

I am not going to say your opinion is wrong, you are entitled to your opinion.

If that is the kind of owner Zygi is, to get rid of these guys, I don't want to be a Viking Fan anymore until Zygi is gone. That to me says he is just worried about making big bucks off of the stadium deal. That would be a real crime to the Vikings and the State, a crime with no justice, an uncriminal act of sorts.

eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

bfld, have you ever been to a party? Could you stop it by yourself? I know what they did was wrong... but come on you really think one guy saying hey guys stop would have done the trick?

Sig courtesy of josdin00

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"bfld" wrote:
    You can't implement a code of conduct (which there wasn't) and back date it to before the boat accident happened.

Other teams in the league ahve a seminar right before the bye week about conduct. I don't think we did. And in that case, if we did, I say get rid of the whole team and start over.

What I am trying to say, is that Red and Zygi both had a poor internal policy on how the players were suppose to act. Zygi stated that the Code of Conduct was a work in progress b4 the boat party. How does it take that long, from the time of purchase until the bye week and then another 3 weeks b4 it is actually presented. Something tells me it wasn't on the top of Zygi's list of things to get done until the Boat Party.

Zygi and Tice should have had more insight and been better leaders if you want to play that game.

The league does a great job trying to protect their players with all of their learning tools. The Viking Organization failed the players.

Now, that the code is implemented, I expect the players to follow it to a "T" or reprimand in accordance to the Code Conduct Book.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"bfld" wrote:
    I agree with you to a point. People in certain postions are held to a higher standard. However NFL QB's I don't count them in that bunch. I really don't count too many people in that group.

Maybe politicans,safety releted fields, and of course medical fields. Basically people in a postion of trust. (For the record I was mad at Bill Clinton for what he did in the WhiteHouse)

Once again NFL QB is not a person in a postion of trust in my mind. I want my QB to be stay focused like a Palmer,Manning, and Brady. But these guys are young with a lot of money.

I know if you gave me a bunch of money, I would buy a chain of strip clubs. I know this as a matter of fact. There is no doubt in my mind if you gave me 10-60 million dollars at age 21-30 I would get in trouble.
    Look at the list of athletics that no longer play: Irvin,Strawberry,Caminiti,Gooden,Kemp,Russell,Phil ps,and Ford. They still are in trouble or dead.

Not to say I condone the behavior, it's just I am honset to myself about who they are which is human!

"MEN WE STAY THE COURSE"

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

Fact of the matter is.....no matter how much money these guys make, and no matter what they do for a living...they're still 20-30 yr old males, prone to make the occasional mistake. The fact that they DO make the millions of bucks and have high-profile publicity just makes it that much more difficult for them to live up to the high standards some people set for them.

IMO, the only Vikings fans that "look stupid" because of this incident are those that bring it on themselves by getting so worked up over it. Lighten up, people.

Gift is offline Coordinator

well said reno
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234