Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

The cowgirls in the terrordome

But how will it affect our defense?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SacredStar is offline Rookie

OK guys....my turn.

The Vikings win this one for 1 main reason....home field advantage.

Add to that the Moss "I'm gonna make Dallas pay for not picking me in the draft" factor.He has outplayed all Dallas' CB's every game.

Now...most of you question the offense,which I also question.That is an unknown so it cannot really be judged.IMO,the offense will be better.Dallas now has a WR that will go over the middle,something Joey Galloway would not do.Alot of people don't like Johnson,but you have to ask yourself this.....why did Meshawn,whoops,I mean Keyshawn succeed under Parcells in New York?

Because Parcells knows exactly how to utilize his skills.

Now,why did Johnson struggle elsewhere and constantly combat Gruden?

Because Gruden did not properly utilize his skills.

The signing Johnson is a plus for Dallas.He may not be liked,but I'm pretty confident and happy that Dallas signed him to play along another very reliable WR in Terry Glenn.Antonio Bryant is a future superstar and this may be his breakout season,if he remains in Dallas.

The RB position is better.Troy Hambrick was a major bust.Anyone(Julius Jones) is better than Hambrick.So that position has improved.Add to that Eddie George(who may be signed by Friday) and you have a reliable workhorse(who still commands respect and keeps defenses honest) spelling a young,fast rookie.

The O-Line....the key to any offense's success,has improved.Dallas has Larry Allen in the best shape since 2000,they have returning pro-bowler Flozell Adams,they have returning Al Johnson(who Parcells says has the ability to be a pro-bowler already and hasn't even played 1 NFL game)and they have 2 rookies who may or may not be decent.But the rest of that line from last year is pretty fair.

Carter at QB....one more year under his belt should make him better.He had no protection most of last season,thus he forced throws that were intercepted quite often.All in all,he played good last year and consider 8 int's he threw were tipped passes.It's kind of hard to succeed as a QB when the box is stacked and you're blitzed non-stop all day....and that's how it was for Carter.Opponants knew Dallas had no run game,so blitzing was constant.That has changed.Like I said,Hambrick gone improves the run game.

Jason Witten at TE was a steal in last years draft and fellow TE Dan Campbell are very capable of exploiting defense's.

Yes...there are ? marks,but don't expect the performance of Dallas's offense to be as stale as last year.

Defensively.....there is nothing bad here.They had the NFL's #1 defense last season.They added Micheal Wiley from San Diego and word out of Dallas is that he is very solid and rejuvenated with the chance to play defense the way it was when he was a successful DE.He was not able to be as aggressive the last couple years in the system and the role he played with the Chargers diminished his skills.He is reborn and ready to go.Greg Ellis is probably not known by you guys,but imo,he is one of the most under-rated DE's on the Dallas squad.The guy is rock solid and the main reason Dallas' run defense has improved drastically.LaRoi Glover needs no introduction.His play speaks for itself.

Secondary....everyone is stating that Dallas' secondary will be hurting because one of their CB's vacated.Let me ensure you that he was not that good to begin with.Mario Edwards was average at best.What Dallas does lose there is experience,but not talent.Enter Pete Hunter...bigger,faster,taller and stronger than Edwards,all he needs is a little experience and Dallas is ok there.

Terrance Newman....almost defensive rookie of the year last year is a shut down corner who has the potential to be another neon Deion.he's that good.QB's that tested him early last year paid the price,he simply covers like a glove and knocks the ball away or intercepts it.Towards the end of the season,most QB would not throw his way.Moss will eat him up tho.It will be a learning experience for him and make him better.

Safety........Roy Williams,one of the best.Absolute ball hawk and crushing tackler.
    Darren Woodson,old but still reliable,he won't play,he's having back surgery and is expected back 3rd week of season.So you'll be facing Keith Davis, a backup who had an excellant season in NFL Europe,but that's a whole different ballgame.

ok ...I'm tired now,so I'll cut to the chase.

Dallas will lose but will not go quietly...should be a good game.But the Dome will cause problems for Dallas,and Moss will make a statement,the same one he always makes vs. Dallas,and simply have a great performance as usual.

I just wish he would play that good vs. the Packers all the time.

Can't wait........let's get this show on the road.

Peace.
    [img:2dca9ca3d7]http://www.boomspeed.com/insano/ss.jpg[/img:2dca9ca3d7]

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Dallas loses 31-14, Moss gone for the season. That's how I see it.

Star, your report was accurate but, it did not do anything except give the Vikings more confidence. If the team report going into Green Bay looks the same they will win 45-10. You pointed out about 10 glaring weaknesses. This will be Tuna's final year I think.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

You wish Texpack lol.

First off, the Cowboys offense is not scaring any team in the league. They are probably in the worst RB and QB situation out of any team in the league. There is no guarantee that Carter will even start.

Yah your defense is good, I just don't see you having an answer to our running game. We have one of the biggest and best o-lines in the league and three very capable running backs, add that to the best blocking TE in the league and the cowboys defense has its hands full.

Look for us to run the ball early and establish a consistent running game, once the safties start creeping up (and they will), look for moss in the endzone.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    Dallas loses 31-14, Moss gone for the season. That's how I see it.

[size=7px][/size]

Ahh to see life through cheese colored glasses :roll:
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

SacredStar is offline Rookie

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    You wish Texpack lol.

First off, the Cowboys offense is not scaring any team in the league. They are probably in the worst RB and QB situation out of any team in the league. There is no guarantee that Carter will even start.

Yah your defense is good, I just don't see you having an answer to our running game. We have one of the biggest and best o-lines in the league and three very capable running backs, add that to the best blocking TE in the league and the cowboys defense has its hands full.

Look for us to run the ball early and establish a consistent running game, once the safties start creeping up (and they will), look for moss in the endzone.
    You're right,Dallas' offense scares no-one,but most base that on how they played last year.This is a new year with new personel and improved personel.It can't be any worse than last season(I hope)

The defense is strongest against the run,especially with the small but very fast LB's Dallas has.Minnesota will win thru the air.Moss and Robinson will light up the secondary is what I see happening.

The addition of Winfield is huge,you guys will love his playmaking skills.He is the guy that I bet shuts down Favre's ability.Awesome corner.
    [img:2dca9ca3d7]http://www.boomspeed.com/insano/ss.jpg[/img:2dca9ca3d7]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234