Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Cowboys @ Vikings -Preseason Week 3- Post Game

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106335
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1106254
    LMFAO! He misses 1 FG from 53 and now he is on his last leg. Child please. He is still money. How the hell do you claim a range after that? He can still boot a 53. Just made a bad connection. Not a big deal at all. I am sure Marrdro will try to spin it like you too.
    No spin on my part necessary. Dude was 1 out of 3. Who's to say he doesn't make bad connections this year when you need him?

We need someone who can not only make them during meaningless games but when the game is on the line for real.

From our good friends at NFL game center......
    Jeff Reed tied the score at 20 with a 53-yard field goal with 1:16 left in regulation, but Tim Tebow had a 19-yard scramble in leading the Broncos downfield for Steven Hauschka's 51-yarder as time expired.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I will spin it just like you. So he made one in preseason. Whos to say he won't miss them in the regular.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Too easy. Keep spinning. Did you graduate from sewing school?

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106334
    Quote Originally Posted by "STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" #1106251
    Longwell is on his legs, and we need to be going another direction next year. He hit from 47, missed from 53. That tells me that his range, even indoors is around 47 or 48. That 53 yard attempt was at least 8 yards short.
    Bite your tongue. That cat is "Money". :whistle: (Sarcasim alert) :evil:
    Yet if it was a player you liked, you would write it off as a bad day. You are so predictable. I am going to nickname you Chilly Jr or Maybe Chilly Sr. HA

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106347
    Bill Musgrave, Offensive Coordinator: There have been two things that I noticed so far with Musgrave that made me go 'whoa, the KAO is dead and buried, and that's a good thing'. Last week in Seattle, the Vikings went shotgun with an empty backfield on their own two, and last night they looked like they ran the same formation in a third and short situation...and got the first down. So far, Musgrave is doing a good job of playing to the strengths of the guys he has to work with, and the offense looks good.
    If he keeps this up I might even call him something other than Musgrove. Jury is still out though. :P

I watched Charlie Johnson on every series last night, and he was good. He was able to stand up his guy repeatedly, and he wasn't beat one time. Not once, at least that I saw. The big difference I noticed between him and McKinnie is that Johnson is a junkyard dog, and never gives up on his guy. If a guy gets a step on him, he has done a very good job of using that momentum and re-directing him upfield, out of the play.
    Good to hear......

Joe Webb, QB: Mike Mayock said something funny about Webb last night.

He has no idea what he's doing, but it doesn't matter at this point.

And as usual, Mayock's right, and when he said it, he meant it as a compliment. Webb's athletic ability allows him to make up for quarterbacking errors in receiver progression, for example, or hesitancy to throw the ball, because he can tuck it and run forever.
    I like that our QB position looks bright. Been along time since we not only had a viable option but backups with futures as well.

Jenkins was a good pick up for the Vikings, and I think he will excel at making 'moving the chains' type catches.
    Christian Ballard, DT: We kind of didn't know what we were getting with Ballard. He had the reputation of a gifted athlete that didn't really tap in to his potential at Iowa--a first round talent with a fifth round work ethic. The fourth round pick has been very good so far, is working his way up the depth chart, and put in another solid performance again last night. I like how disruptive he has been in the middle, and I hope he keeps it up.
    Still remember how PO'd I was when they made this selection.

Special Teams: Terrible. When you have a field goal blocked for a TD, and are 1-3 overall in field goals, it's a fail. Punting was okay, coverage units were okay, and returns were okay, but the blocked FG was the difference between winning and losing. Can't have it.
    Do tell. Say it isnt' so.:whistle:

Buy: Bernard Berrian. Hey, we all wanted him to show up and make some plays, and he did. That was a heckuva TD catch with that safety jumping in front of him for the ball, and he haeld on to it for the score. He also had a couple other nice catches and finished with 2 catches for 64 yards and the score. It was a nice effort from Berrian.
    So let me get this straight....With the likes of Gus and TJ, BB is damn good, has two down years, and now seems to be back in form.

Maybe, just maybe he was never out of form. ....snicker....:evil:

Overall, I liked what I saw. Although the Vikings lost, there are a lot more positives to take away from this game than negatives--McNabb, Peterson, the wide receivers officially being taken off of the 'Area Of Concern' list, and the defensive effort from the first team. Yes, there's still work to be done, but this is a competitive team, with the makings of a good offense and another quality defense.
    Stock Market Report, Pre-Season Week 3
    One PRESEASON game and Bernard is back to form?! Child please.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106509
    DL. I don't care what people think, we still have a problem at the DT position. We are just not getting a push up the middle which is allowing QB's to step up and around the DE's coming in from the edges.
    We are fine.

On a side note, anyone who thinks the ZB scheme is gone should re-visit how the OL doubled and then handed the guy off in that game. Classic ZBing my friends.
    Nobody ever said it was gone. But you go ahead and keep spinning what you want Chilly Sr. The ZB is NOT the focus of his blocking scheme. Spielman said it. Leslie said it. Davidson said it. Just face it. It sucked for us when it was mostly all we did.

a. Gave Dimperio props when he actually didn't do anything on a play. To tell the truth he ran by 3 Cowgirl defenders and didn't even hit anyone.
    Mayock is more knowledgeable than you. DImperio makes the team. Period. Funny how it was ok when Tahi did not do anything. Oh wait it was the system right? LOL.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I watching the replay of this game as I type this.

Our defence isn't as bad as I thought but not as good as some people think it is. They have the ability to make some plays, but will need some points from the offence to make them look good.

McNabb still does not understand how to run a 2minute drill. I guarantee this will cost us at some point this year.

Who is going to be our kick/punt returner?

AP is a freaking beast. Anyone who doesn't take him first overall in every fantasy league is a complete and utter moron. He is locked in and going to win the rushing title... assuming our oline helps him out.
    We're bringing purple back.

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1107069

a. Gave Dimperio props when he actually didn't do anything on a play. To tell the truth he ran by 3 Cowgirl defenders and didn't even hit anyone.
    DImperio makes the team. Period.
    Wow I have to eat crow on this one.I guess they will be using Kleinsasser inside. They must really see something in Allen Reisner. I have not really seen he do anything yet, good or bad, so no comment. It is going to be fun seeing Shank, Rudolph, and Percy in a bunch. Can you say nightmare?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1107390

Wow I have to eat crow on this one.I guess they will be using Kleinsasser inside. They must really see something in Allen Reisner. I have not really seen he do anything yet, good or bad, so no comment. It is going to be fun seeing Shank, Rudolph, and Percy in a bunch. Can you say nightmare?
    Wonder if they'll use K-Rud to block?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107393
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1107390

Wonder if they'll use K-Rud to block?
    They are probably going to have to with no FB. From the scouting reports it says he is a willing and able blocker but needs to polish it up for the NFL.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678