Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Cowboys @ Vikings -Preseason Week 3- Post Game

I too liked the first teams but have to agree that Loadholt looked awful on quite a few plays getting beat on the outside all too easily for my money.

I am a little more confident about this season today than I was yesterday
    Purple till i die

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1106249
    Glad that we had a block field goal returned for a touchdown, because now everyone will have their eyes on that and won't allow that trick to happen again..

Love the pre-season.
    That was against us, no reason to be happy about something that should never happen.

20 was the player that blocked it and he ended up getting carted off, and came back maybe 10/15 minutes later.

Longwell is on his legs, and we need to be going another direction next year. He hit from 47, missed from 53. That tells me that his range, even indoors is around 47 or 48. That 53 yard attempt was at least 8 yards short.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" #1106251
    Glad that we had a block field goal returned for a touchdown, because now everyone will have their eyes on that and won't allow that trick to happen again..

Love the pre-season.
    That was against us, no reason to be happy about something that should never happen.

20 was the player that blocked it and he ended up getting carted off, and came back maybe 10/15 minutes later.

Longwell is on his legs, and we need to be going another direction next year. He hit from 47, missed from 53. That tells me that his range, even indoors is around 47 or 48. That 53 yard attempt was at least 8 yards short.
    If it was to happen, glad it happened in the pre-season, that was my point.. Its only gonna call for more focus in those situations.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Love the pre-season.

LMFAO! He misses 1 FG from 53 and now he is on his last leg. Child please. He is still money. How the hell do you claim a range after that? He can still boot a 53. Just made a bad connection. Not a big deal at all. I am sure Marrdro will try to spin it like you too.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Not too much to say about the game. Couple things though.

1. Musgrave is the real deal. He mixes things up and makes it hard to guess run or pass. A HUGE improvement over the predictable offense of last year. I am sure he has more up his sleeve too. I loved the 3 TE bunch he used. I am so thrilled with this guy so far.

2. D'Imperio is a huge improvement over Tahi. I saw him make some great blocks out there. Marrdro can make all the excuses he wants for Tahi about the direction of FBs in the league and Tahi this and that.....but D'Imperio is going to be a great FB for us. Watched him a lot last night. I like what I see.

3. I love the way McNabb hands off the ball. My one knock on Favre was that he never disguised his hand offs. McNabb does a great job doing this.

4. Bernard had a good night but it was only one preseason game. He needs to prove a lot more. Hell he almost dropped that first TD pass and I think he dropped another.

5. I thought our D played well against the 1st team. The bloked kicked sucked by it was a fluke IMO. Kinda looked like he used the defender to jump and kicked the ball but oh well.

6. Peterson looked ready. McNabb looked solid. I am excited to see what they can do this year. Jenkins has showed he can be reliable and I like that kid Arceneaux. Hell even th OL looked good. McNabb had all day at times.

7. Who says we are thin at DT? HAHAHAHA Marrdro? This squad is good and KW did not even play! Remi, Evans, Guion, Ballard are all solid and I have no problem with any of them starting. DE looked solid. LBs are solid. CBs have impressed me. Safeties the jury is still out on but I think they will survive.

I am so ready for San Diego!

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1106258

1. Musgrave is the real deal. He mixes things up and makes it hard to guess run or pass. A HUGE improvement over the predictable offense of last year. I am sure he has more up his sleeve too. I loved the 3 TE bunch he used. I am so thrilled with this guy so far.

2. D'Imperio is a huge improvement over Tahi. I saw him make some great blocks out there. Marrdro can make all the excuses he wants for Tahi about the direction of FBs in the league and Tahi this and that.....but D'Imperio is going to be a great FB for us. Watched him a lot last night. I like what I see.

3. I love the way McNabb hands off the ball. My one knock on Favre was that he never disguised his hand offs. McNabb does a great job doing this.

4. Bernard had a good night but it was only one preseason game. He needs to prove a lot more. Hell he almost dropped that first TD pass and I think he dropped another.

5. I thought our D played well against the 1st team. The bloked kicked sucked by it was a fluke IMO. Kinda looked like he used the defender to jump and kicked the ball but oh well.

6. Peterson looked ready. McNabb looked solid. I am excited to see what they can do this year. Jenkins has showed he can be reliable and I like that kid Arceneaux. Hell even th OL looked good. McNabb had all day at times.

7. Who says we are thin at DT? HAHAHAHA Marrdro? This squad is good and KW did not even play! Remi, Evans, Guion, Ballard are all solid and I have no problem with any of them starting. DE looked solid. LBs are solid. CBs have impressed me. Safeties the jury is still out on but I think they will survive.

I echo your sentiment as well Mars. I was very impressed by the play calling and the various mismatches we were able to get via formation and personnell sets.

Adrian looks as though he is running with purpose. I am amazed at how much speed and power he hits the hole with.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1106258

Good post and good point on Musgrave! I like this offensive playcalling more than previous years for sure. Will be interesting to see how it is in the regular season. I don't know why you're so high on D'Imperio, but maybe I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1106254

Love the pre-season.

LMFAO! He misses 1 FG from 53 and now he is on his last leg. Child please. He is still money. How the hell do you claim a range after that? He can still boot a 53. Just made a bad connection. Not a big deal at all. I am sure Marrdro will try to spin it like you too.
    I was at the game, and saw how short it landed. It took 2 bounces before it rolled to the goal post. Also, cowboys had a running start nearly every kickoff. Obviously from 53 he needs to keep the ball low to get it there, and he didn't do that.

I also thought there were a few chances the vikes should have gone for it on 4th down. It was encouraging to see they went for it on 4th and 5 late in the game, more importantly it worked.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

@TomPelissero:

Watching back the tape. I'm beginning to wonder if coaches actually instruct Ryan D'Imperio to run aimlessly downfield on every lead play.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1106279
    @TomPelissero:

Watching back the tape. I'm beginning to wonder if coaches actually instruct Ryan D'Imperio to run aimlessly downfield on every lead play.
    See! That's what I was talking about. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Don't know why marstc09 said he looked "great" out there yesterday. He had too many plays where he was just non-existent in the run game.

Why can't we just pick up a big mean old school no-neck fullback? Instead, we have two tight ends (Dugan and Kleinsasser), a 2nd year converted linebacker (D'Imperio), and a rookie halfback (Asiata). Might as well just drop carrying a fullback this year.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast