Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Re: Cowboys @ Vikings -Preseason Week 3- Post Game

Marcus Sherels will be good.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "rednorsk" #1106231
    The secondary could have stayed home, they are a disaster.
    What are you talking about. The Secondary played great. The problem was the MLBs. Herron was terrible. All of the passes to Dez Bryant were in his zone. EJ struggled as well. Outside of that, I don't remember a long pass play given up by the secondary. Hell, we even had some pass breakups...something we never get.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

This was a fun game to watch. Perhaps the best of the three games so far and I ended up with a lot of conclusions:

Adrian Peterson - He's back and I love it! He couldn't have started the game any better. I saw two or three incidents where he made a split second decision and cut back to the outside that were bad decisions, but he clearly looked hungry and wanted to get in the end-zone. They will probably sit down and talk about that in the film room. Even considered that, he put on a great performance, averaging nearly 6 yards per carry.

Percy Harvin and Lorenzo Booker - They are similar in many ways and I feel that Booker is taking some of Harvin's ball-time, but he's doing a good job so why not? Both did good.

Wide receivers - I'm impressed of these guys making big plays every week. I'm talking about Jenkins, Aromashodu and Arceneaux. They all show that the have the potential to line up on the outside. Also, Berrian was impressive this week and Iglesias is also doing a good job. Based on the preseason games, I definitely think that we'll keep Harvin, Jenkins and Berrian... and likely Aromashodu. Iglesias and Arceneaux will fight for the last spot. Camarillo has unfortunately shown nothing thus far.

Fullbacks - Not impressed by the blocking of either D'Imperio or Matt Asiata. They might be good runners or pass-catcher, but that doesn't help much when the fullbacks primary job is to block. We might be "Full Of Options At Fullback", but there aren't any great options. Maybe we should just go with Dugan.

All the quarterbacks - Showed nice signs for the season to come. Mayock talked about using Joe Webb in the wildcat and I couldn't agree more, at least when he's likely going to be the third string QB. We need to get that playmaker on the field! Ponder got little time on the field, but I liked what I saw in the last minute. It almost looked like he was going to pull of a last minute comeback win.

All the linebackers - I like where this is going. E.J. and Chad are playing like them old self and Erin is far from standing in their shadows. The backup is not very impressive considering we have a little injury bug going on there. The big Jonathan Gilmore is an impressive stature, but that's not enough to make this team. He has yet to make a big play.

Brian Robison - I watched him a little extra closely this time and I was impressed. I even did a better job against the run than the pass (from what I remember). I'm not concerned about our right side at all. Robison is good and Griffin will serve as an excellent rotation.

Kyle Rudolp - All I said during the game was: "I want to see more!" He has shown a pair of very impressive pass-catching hands, but I want to see more passes go his way. Maybe he had trouble getting separations. That's not a good thing, but I don't question his quickness as he's fast for his size.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah... and I forgot:

Cedric Griffin - Man it was good to see this guy back in action again, if only for an half or so. Him and Winfield make a great physical cornerback duo.

I smell a possible "Comeback of the Year" lurking...

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106237
    Quote Originally Posted by "Minniman" #1106236
    Quote Originally Posted by "rednorsk" #1106231
    The secondary could have stayed home, they are a disaster.
    With no new impact players, what should we expect?

The Vikings basically have the same players in the same system.
    Minus Madieu Williams.

If the Vikings don't replace a player they let go with a better player, they've done nothing to improve the position & possibly made it worse.

Time will tell if Griffin can play at the same level he did before the injury. If not, our already not so great backfield gets even worse.
    I am hoping that he will play at a level much higher than his pre-injury level.........which wasn't terribly impressive to begin with.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I thought that the first team offense played quite well together ( I like seeing Berrian produce)...my biggest gripe on the line was Loadholt.

Oh, and I HATE zone defense......still. But the line looked ok even without KWill. I'm liking Robison.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

delviking is offline Starter

no it'll go to plax for getting outta jail lol

but griffin is showing no fear out there and thats what i wanted to see. all the talent in the world mean nothing without the will to use it.

M.williams never seemed to come back with that aggression after his neck injury.

a reply to HEY about C. griffin.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1106242
    Oh yeah... and I forgot:

Cedric Griffin - Man it was good to see this guy back in action again, if only for an half or so. Him and Winfield make a great physical cornerback duo.

I smell a possible "Comeback of the Year" lurking...
    Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1106245
    no it'll go to plax for getting outta jail lol
    +1

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

I really liked what I saw offensively from the starting unit. If tonight showed anything it was that Musgrave is going to keep defenses on their heels. A lot of misdirection type of calls. We moved the ball pretty well and would have been better had Gerhart played.

Defense was a mixed bag. I still want to see more QB pressure but the run defense looks pretty solid. Ced needs to hit the film and correct those mistakes. He was just allowing too much space at times on those slants.

Sadly I expect teams to pick us apart in the middle of the field like they always do. With no change at LB and S (Erin is unproven in coverage) I can't see us improving much in that area.

I still have high hopes for this team as long as they protect the damn ball.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Glad that we had a block field goal returned for a touchdown, because now everyone will have their eyes on that and won't allow that trick to happen again..

Love the pre-season.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast