Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dallas is offline Waterboy

Cowboy Fans needing tips/advice on Lodging, etc.

Coming up there to have a good time in October, and needing some advice. Some folks that have been there before have told me to stay near the airport and party at the sports bars near or in the mall Saturday night, then take the tram Sunday morning dowtown.....I dont know if that my style, sounds like a tourist type setting. Does downtown have a good night life and great selection of pubs/bars to crawl and watch college games, baseball playoff games, etc? We dont need live music or anything, just a place to hang. Then on sunday ive been told to go find the vikings tailgate bus they are famous or something......any tips? Anyone willing to adopt a couple texans that will bring beer and food to the tailgate?
    None

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Cowboy Fans needing tips/advice on Lodging, etc.

First off welcome to the site my friend

Stick around here and get to know some people.. We welcome everyone to the tailgates.. We get a nice gathering going, it's always fun!

Couple things, if you wanna buy offsale liquor stores are closed on Sundays.. Do that on Saturday

The tram that takes you from the Mall right to the dome is nice if you don't like tons of traffic and aren't the greatest with directions.. It's also pretty cheap and saves paying for parking near the dome.. There's also some decently priced motels right near there

Others from the cities area can probably give you a better answer but hopefully that helps a little for now!

V4L

And there is a nice selection of bars downtown yes..

If Vikes win, be prepared for a little razzing haha.. We are always nice though and enjoy good football talk

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Cowboy Fans needing tips/advice on Lodging, etc.

There are a ton of new people asking about the same thing. Webby, and friends, maybe we should make a master topic about it and just direct everyone to it? Because I know finding these individual threads is hard and having it all together would be a great help
    We're bringing purple back.

V4L

gregair13 wrote:
    There are a ton of new people asking about the same thing. Webby, and friends, maybe we should make a master topic about it and just direct everyone to it? Because I know finding these individual threads is hard and having it all together would be a great help

That's a great idea.. Sticky some of the main ones?

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

In my humble opinion you are spot on! I would rather stay closer to downtown and do a pubcrawl. Downtown Minny has nice pubs, nightclubs and sportsbars with nice happy hour prices that will fill your tummy with loads of beer and keep you out of hunger long into the night.

Im located in sweden, otherwise id take you up on your offer. Im like a zillion jealous of you going to minny.

Dont know if you got Pizza Luce in Houston, but its the best thick crust pizza ive eaten. Oh, and if you want to have a laugh, order a galactic pizza, and try not to laugh at the delivermans outfit. Its impossible to not doubleover when you see him.

If you fancy international beer, you should go to the old chicago.

Famous dave is a good eat that you shouldnt pig out from!

In St paul you have teh science museum with the kinkyish website of SMM.org. Also the cathedral in St paul is cool and the old houses of summit ave would speak to a architectureloving heart.

Mall of america is, well HUGE, but its a touristtrap in my opininon, but check it off your "have seen list" if you want. Needless to say, even though I think its a touristtrap i always end up there everytime im in minny. Strange that is!!

Ofcourse, museums and artwise its a rich city. Let me know if i can help you out more... depends ofcourse if you want to get sloshed or get cultural

Cheers,
    DK

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

gregair13 wrote:
    Great Idea!! We could make a small visitors wiki here on PPO for fans visiting our lovely city!!

EDIT: Hahaha, Did I just wrote OUR lovely city??? Sheesh

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Dekay wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Great Idea!! We could make a small visitors wiki here on PPO for fans visiting our lovely city!!

EDIT: Hahaha, Did I just wrote OUR lovely city??? Sheesh
    Woohoo. I got one. Make it happen. One of the mods start the topic, sticky it and everyone can contribute. A masters guide to attending a Vikings game!
    We're bringing purple back.

Dallas is offline Waterboy

Sounds like Downtown is the way to go! I'm not a very abrasive and cocky Cowboys fan like im sure your use to, those bandwagoners can get very sickening.
    I just like to have fun, watch football, and drink beer, i just happened to be born in Dallas.
    Ive been told you guys are very nice, every team has a few bad apples, but all i can say is im sure im a lot safer in Minn, than i would be in Philly, they dont have a few bad apples, they have several farms of them.
    None

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Dallas wrote:
    Sounds like Downtown is the way to go! I'm not a very abrasive and cocky Cowboys fan like im sure your use to, those bandwagoners can get very sickening.
    I just like to have fun, watch football, and drink beer, i just happened to be born in Dallas.
    Ive been told you guys are very nice, every team has a few bad apples, but all i can say is im sure im a lot safer in Minn, than i would be in Philly, they dont have a few bad apples, they have several farms of them.
    We could probably give you some decent hotel recommendations...are you on a tight budget?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast