Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

COUNTDOWN TO BROCK

Being a LB is not all about speed. I heard Brock runs in the 4.6s. Being a LB is more about awareness and instinct than anything, which I doubt he has seeing as how he hasn't played tha much football. Still his physical skills are quite amazing nonetheless.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

COUNTDOWN TO BROCK

It would be very unrealistic for lesanar to be a LB. There is really too much too the position that he didn't learn in college. DT DE however are a little more straight forward. Keep the motor running and kill kill kill. Lesnar has that
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

COUNTDOWN TO BROCK

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    It would be very unrealistic for lesanar to be a LB. There is really too much too the position that he didn't learn in college. DT DE however are a little more straight forward. Keep the motor running and kill kill kill. Lesnar has that

Just read that he ran a 4.75 in his workout today. That alone should at least have us give him a contract and see what he can do. Let him play a few preseason games and see if he can be a playmaker or not. It didn't sound like we were gonna sign him though, because the coaches think he is too raw. Of coarse he is raw, he hasn't played in forever! Doesn't mean he won't be able to learn quickly and become a good player. Again, we have 10 damn TE's on our roster, and I bet half of them are raw too. Why not give him a shot? I bet some team will, so why not us? It is not like he is looking to sign a $45 million deal, to offset the money he gave up on his remaining WWE contract.

COUNTDOWN TO BROCK

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Being a LB is not all about speed. I heard Brock runs in the 4.6s. Being a LB is more about awareness and instinct than anything, which I doubt he has seeing as how he hasn't played tha much football. Still his physical skills are quite amazing nonetheless.

Yeah, I know LB isn't all about speed. I was just commenting on the guy who said he isn't fast enough to play LB, and showing that he is faster than EJ. I think he could easily play the outside rushing LB, when we used the 3-4. But yeah, I agree that he will have his best shot at being a DE or DT.

mattitude615 is offline Waterboy

COUNTDOWN TO BROCK

when exactly is this workout supposed to be? and how many teams are going to be attending.
    6fafdbe42b6f45e963a6d9227bb0f4b0

COUNTDOWN TO BROCK

"mattitude615" wrote:
    when exactly is this workout supposed to be? and how many teams are going to be attending.

It's not like a college workout, where they workout for a bunch of teams. He actually goes to individual workouts for different teams. His workout with the vikes was today. He will now go to other teams and workout. I heard the eagles were one of those teams. He wants to play for the vikes, but so far, it doesn't sound like we want to take the time to teach the kid.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

COUNTDOWN TO BROCK

http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflguide/local/story.aspx?content_id=074C8257-6802-4A6E-B215-730F2967DE77

here is an article from kfan about his workout, the vikes aren't talking about it and he is schedule to go to KC and Philly within the next couple of weeks

COUNTDOWN TO BROCK

no comment...lol. :naka: :thebirdman:
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

eelpout72 is offline Starter

COUNTDOWN TO BROCK

I wasnt so sure about Brock Lesnar and the NFL....seemed like a big joke at first. But after reading more and seeing pics of him like on (http://www.brocksolid.com/media.html), im reconsidering. It seems as if he is taking the NFL seriously and isnt trying to just get publicity. Since he has turned down big money from wrestling he doesnt seem to be the greed driven ego-maniac that so many other athletes appear to be these days.

Why not sign him? Do we really have anything to lose aside from a small amount of $$? If he turns out to be too raw then put him on the practice squad or cut him. He seems to have a good attitude and doesnt seem like he intends to turn the NFL into a circus. Furthermore, he wants to play for the vikes.

Just imagine... Snarling Brock Lesnar in a vikes jersey barreling down on Favre who is displaying a look of imminent dread on his face. As Brock pummels into Favre, the ball goes flying into the air and a girly squeal is released from Favre as his comparatively small body gets engulfed and crushed into the turf.

Doesnt that just bring a warm smile to you?

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

COUNTDOWN TO BROCK

Sign this guy instead of keeping TWO PUNTERS !! Sheez - seems like a no brainer.
    :tard:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast