singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Could the Vikings Steal Victor Cruz?

Could the Minnesota Vikings Steal Victor Cruz from New York Giants?

Could the Minnesota Vikings Steal Victor Cruz... | Gather

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I don't see the need to add a second high price slot receiver on the team, especially with K-Rud playing TE. We need to get him more involved.

We still need a tall deep threat/possession receiver & a QB who can through to him accurately & consistently. I'm sure we'll address WR early in the draft, at least I hope so, but if Ponder's accuracy range still doesn't improve beyond 10 yards, then we better be looking for a QB in next years draft.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I don't see the need to add a second high price slot receiver on the team, especially with K-Rud playing TE. We need to get him more involved.

We still need a tall deep threat/possession receiver & a QB who can through to him accurately & consistently. I'm sure we'll address WR early in the draft, at least I hope so, but if Ponder's accuracy range still doesn't improve beyond 10 yards, then we better be looking for a QB in next years draft.
    Agreed.

We could draft a receiver, with the same pick we'd have to give up for Cruz. A receiver who's taller, stronger and faster than Cruz, who also has more reliable hands, runs better routes and plays a role down field in the running game.

That may sound like a really special player, but it's not. Victor Cruz is just that over rated.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    100% agree with Singer and Anderson.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    None of this really matters, as we simply can't afford him. It would take major reconstruction of contracts or cuts, Cruz wants 11+ mil a year

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    None of this really matters, as we simply can't afford him. It would take major reconstruction of contracts or cuts, Cruz wants 11+ mil a year
    This. The rest is spec. I'd love to have Victor Cruz. But we'd have to cut our whole defensive line in the process to make the numbers work. I'd rather spend our money on Rolando McClain and draft a receiver now that we have Jennings.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I like how this article says that the Vikings have money to work with to sign players. Does this moron realize that the Vikings have roughly 5 mil in cap space and need to sign their draft pics, and Cruz wants 11 mil a year? Sure the Vikings could do some things to free up some space to possibly get it done, but I highly doubt this is the road they will be taking after getting Jennings. Draft a WR in the 1st and go from there.