Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Could Vikings' Run Defense Get Better in 2007?

Could Vikings' Run Defense Get Better in 2007?
    Posted Feb 11th 2007 12:36PM
    by Michael David Smith
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Could Vikings' Run Defense Get Better in 2007?

yes.. with some smart personel moves and good coaching anything is possible.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

VikingD24 is offline Rookie

Never settle for what you got no matter how good it is. There is always room for improvement & the 2007 Run Defense can improve heavily with more production from the DE's. Whether the Vikings draft Gaines Adams, sign Freeney or Justin Smith, or even if Udeze and Erasmus suddenly wake the hell up...the DE position was the weak spot on the Vikings Run stop in 07 and needs to improve.

Phat Pat's replacement is also going to need to be saught soon as he isnt getting any younger. Dont forget that maintaining this great run stopping D from season to season needs to be a top priority. I would hate to see their D crumble like the Bills Defense has in the last 4 years.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

As weird as it is to say, the defense is not the weak link of this team anymore.. If Childress goes with anything other then offense with the first pick, and with that I mean (Trade the pick for a experienced WR, draft a WR with that pick, or get a great offensive linemen.) then he needs to be stripped of all of his power..

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    As weird as it is to say, the defense is not the weak link of this team anymore.. If Childress goes with anything other then offense with the first pick, and with that I mean (Trade the pick for a experienced WR, draft a WR with that pick, or get a great offensive linemen.) [size=16pt]then he needs to be stripped of all of his power.. [/size]
    LMAO
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    As weird as it is to say, the defense is not the weak link of this team anymore.. If Childress goes with anything other then offense with the first pick, and with that I mean (Trade the pick for a experienced WR, draft a WR with that pick, or get a great offensive linemen.) then he needs to be stripped of all of his power..
    agreed..hed better not think about drafting a qb either
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Brad Childress is mum on whether they'll draft Brady Quinn, but I think they need more immediate help than Quinn can provide.
    I agree with this guy pertaining to Quinn.

I still think the triangle is working on moving up to 4, 5 or 6 to get CJ if avail (and we don't have to break the bank) or work a deal with someone who wants Quinn if he falls as far as some are projecting now and CJ is gone.

Say maybe a DE or WR with experience and a pick or two for our 7.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    As weird as it is to say, the defense is not the weak link of this team anymore.. If Childress goes with anything other then offense with the first pick, and with that I mean (Trade the pick for a experienced WR, draft a WR with that pick, or get a great offensive linemen.) [size=16pt]then he needs to be stripped of all of his power.. [/size]
    LMAO
    I have to laugh here too.
    Yes, I think we need to address the offense, but if we make a couple of key off season acquisitions to address WR and possible OL, then there is nothing wrong with going with a defensive first pick if that is the best player available.
    Wait until the FA is over before making demands to strip Childress of power... Remember that we had a very good draft last year, and likely will again.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jsa803 is offline Rookie

I know you guys disagree but im still going to voice my opinion.
    Quinn is ready to start as a rookie and would be more productive than Jackson.
    If we draft Quinn then we are laying to foundations to a great offense, with a solid O line, Good funning back and full back, and a smart patient Quarterback.
    then all that would be needed are some play making recievers, and a tight end.

I agree a defensive pick makes little sense, and we should pick up offense first but if Quinn is still available we need to take him or we will kick ourselves for it in the long run.
    Losers find excuses, Winners find a way!

"jsa803" wrote:
    I know you guys disagree but im still going to voice my opinion.
    Quinn is ready to start as a rookie and would be more productive than Jackson.
    If we draft Quinn then we are laying to foundations to a great offense, with a solid O line, Good funning back and full back, and a smart patient Quarterback.
    then all that would be needed are some play making recievers, and a tight end.
    I'm not so sure that it's about disagreeing.
    It was previously based on Childress' comments that he was going with Bollinger and TJack.
    Now he has backed down on those comments as of a couple days ago.
    It's all a smokescreen from here on out with our only clues being given based on FA acquisitions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast