Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Could the Vikings Be a Playoff Team in 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106998
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1106992
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106987
    Quote Originally Posted by "tarkenton10" #1106985
    This spreadsheet that is ballywhooed about where is it and where am I on this important document? :woohoo:
    LOL, with 1616 posts, I am sure you are aware that there are many such spreadsheets, that cover a myriad of topics related to football, PPO and life in general that I maintain.

Suffice it to say, you are on most, and your rankings are significantly above the PPO average my friend.
    Spreadsheets tremble at the mere mention of the name Purple Floyd.
    By the way, all spreadsheets have been updated. Suprisingly, PF and you know who were on the same ones and at about the same rankings.

Go figure huh. :whistle:
    Lord Voldemort?

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106987
    Quote Originally Posted by "tarkenton10" #1106985
    This spreadsheet that is ballywhooed about where is it and where am I on this important document? :woohoo:
    LOL, with 1616 posts, I am sure you are aware that there are many such spreadsheets, that cover a myriad of topics related to football, PPO and life in general that I maintain.

Suffice it to say, you are on most, and your rankings are significantly above the PPO average my friend.
    I would like to see them so I may know and work on my weaknesses so I can be the best poster with the limited abilities that I have. And I am very limited in the emoticons catagory since I can't make them work at all. Do you weight your assessments or is there a sliding curve or am I doomed to be graded on my god given gifts. I think I may cry never mind!!

My friend (Marrdroese)

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1107001
    Lord Voldemort?
    LOL, no. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106957
    Quote Originally Posted by "HardcoreVikesFan" #1106831
    I think we could be a playoff team if we have continuity on the offensive side of the ball. I expect McNabb to turn it around from last season and I expect Harvin to have over 1000 yards receiving for the first time in his career. Our chances are even better because of the huge turn over margin in the NFC when it comes to new playoff teams. I know this has not always worked in our favor, especially in the last decade, but you just never know what can happen in the NFL.
    All good points my newfound friend.

Especially love the "Continuity" point. I think that is one aspect that is over looked alot, especially when it comes to OL play.

Watching Load, Herrera, Sully and Hutch work as one again was great to see. Mix in some really good work out of our new LT and I think most OL naysayers are going to have to take a back seat (as they did in 09).

On a side note, Keep posting like that and you will quicly climb the spreadsheets.
    Thanks! Just trying to earn any weight around here!
    None

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

It's always possible. You never know what's going to happen during any given season. But if the Vikings are going to make it into the playoffs, they will need some help. There are too many good tams in the NFC right now, and some of them will have to falter in order for us to ascend.

I'm 99+% certain that it's going to take a 10-6 finish to make it this yea. 9-7 won't do it. Tough division works against us for tiebreaks. If we don't go .500 or better in the NFCN, we're toast.

IMO, as I stated in other threads, those four NFCS games will be the key to our season. Win three of them, and we have a shot, because not only does it bring us up, but it knocks them down at the same time. That division is the real threat to our wildcard hopes. The West sends only their divisional champ (likely the Rams), and the East will probably beat each other up much like we will in the North. If, as expected, Atlanta wins the South, we'll need to crush Tampa Bay and New Orleans on our way.

Assume that one wildcard comes out of the East, whichever of the Eagles or Giants doesn't win the division. That leaves only one spot between the Bucs, Saints, Bears, Lions, and us, plus just maybe the Cowboys or Cardinals, but I doubt it.

So... barring a division title (which seems unlikely but would be our best shot), we need to finish 10-6, second in the North, with wins over the Bucs and Saints. On top of that, we need other people to beat down those two along with the Giants and Eagles. That's a tall order.

Odds of our making it into the post-season are slim at best. But I won't rule it out. The Packers might collapse horribly, leaving the North up for grabs. You just never know.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345