Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Could the Vikings Be a Playoff Team in 2011?

First season I dont really have great expectations,I said and explained in another thread than winning more than 6 games would surprise me,we really have tons of ? this season.

Btw Marrdro,could you name some other "optimist" besides you? I havent seen anyone actually
    El underdog.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106710
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106624
    Marty,
    It was the Dallas Cowboys, not the Patriots, not the Packers. And we still lost.
    It was pre-season.

Watch the games for what they are. Staffs working on certain things to see how they will work or looking at players to see how they function in certain roles.

Very few staffs, if any, are out there trying to win games.
    I think we need to bring Favre back and we could win it all!! B)B) B) B) B)

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "tarkenton10" #1106784
    You are not going wrong at all evaluating our team. I am just looking at the schedule and the math doesn't add up to more than 7 wins unless we beat some very good teams.

If we want to make the playoffs we ahve to split with our division rivals, any sweeps and we aer done!!
    My Friend!! (MARRDROESE)
    As always, good stuff. Especially that one. Cracked me up.

We play terrible on the road and as a league teams traveling to the west coast teh last two years have a 10% winning percentage. so SD is a loss to me.
    Hard to counter that one, however, if you look, and I have, They sure seem to start pretty slow. Heck week one, last 4 games, they split at home and away in the W/L collumn.

I will caveate that they they look pretty damn good this year. Maybe the "Slow" start thing is in the past.

TB is a toss up but I think we will lose to them as well.
    Only thing I see here is a team that had a good record last year, against not so good teams. Mix in the small tidbit of how much money they had to spend and didn't make any upgrades that might help them get over the hump.

I will agree, a tossup, but I am leaning to us.

Detroit is at home so I put it in the win column but I have a nagging suspicion they will sweep us this year.
    This is a hard one (two) that I've struggled with. I think we eventually win both, mostly cause I think that they didn't fix their running game and their OL is still gonna make it hard to keep their QB on his feet.

Kc away -lose. Arizona we beat at home then lose at chi. Beat Carolina and Oak then
    I can't remember, but I think I'm close with you on this, however, I think we win at KC as well.

the Pukers Sweep us again.
    Not gonna happen. Split. They didn't adjust for the loss of Jenkins and I still say they have OL issues especially when it comes to the running game (which could be attibuted to their RB's).

We beat denver wash. and CHi? And lose to Atlanta Detroit and New orleans.
    I'm worried about Wash but still call that a W. Detroit will be done by then, atleast their offense will be.

That puts us at 8-8. However I gave us a game against both Chi and Det. I think one of those teams will sweep us probably the Bores we have had a prblem with tem historically. So we have to avoid a sweep of Det or Chi and Beat TB which is a toss y=up anyway but I think KC is a toss up too. I think we can beat them in KC but the KC & TB games I think we split which means 8-8 at best but Chi may sweep us so 7-9.
    I need to go dig up my breakdown that got us to 10-6/11-5 for ya.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "El Vikingo" #1106785
    First season I dont really have great expectations,I said and explained in another thread than winning more than 6 games would surprise me,we really have tons of ? this season.

Btw Marrdro,could you name some other "optimist" besides you? I havent seen anyone actually
    The wagon is pretty empty my friend.

Not to worry, I'm not afraid to take a stance all by myself. Been known to do it a time or two.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Been a Vikings fan since day one. Saying the same thing I say every year. My expectation is that the Vikings will make the playoffs. I don't think the team is in that bad of shape this year. We still have some excellent players. If a couple of guys step up we could surprise a few teams......gotta go the white coats are coming. Skol.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

I definitely believe they can be.

This team has some very dynamic pieces on offense that will finally be utilized fully. For the last 4 years we played at a disadvantage due to our inept coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball. We allowed teams to key in on stopping AD due to our passive playcalling.

Chilly and Bevell being gone should automatically gives us a +2 in the win column.

I think we could be a playoff team if we have continuity on the offensive side of the ball. I expect McNabb to turn it around from last season and I expect Harvin to have over 1000 yards receiving for the first time in his career. Our chances are even better because of the huge turn over margin in the NFC when it comes to new playoff teams. I know this has not always worked in our favor, especially in the last decade, but you just never know what can happen in the NFL.
    None

Quote Originally Posted by "tarkenton10" #1106786
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106710
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106624
    Marty,
    It was the Dallas Cowboys, not the Patriots, not the Packers. And we still lost.
    It was pre-season.

Watch the games for what they are. Staffs working on certain things to see how they will work or looking at players to see how they function in certain roles.

Very few staffs, if any, are out there trying to win games.
    I think we need to bring Favre back and we could win it all!! B)B) B) B) B)
    QUIT IT......:lol:

Quote Originally Posted by "thorshammer" #1106821
    Been a Vikings fan since day one. Saying the same thing I say every year. My expectation is that the Vikings will make the playoffs. I don't think the team is in that bad of shape this year. We still have some excellent players. If a couple of guys step up we could surprise a few teams......gotta go the white coats are coming. Skol.
    Marrdro can be seen checking his spreadsheets.......Yup, another good poster we haven' seen much of.

JK, my friend. Glad to see your avatar again. We need more positive cats on here as I feel like I'm surrounded by naysayers.

Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1106828
    I definitely believe they can be.

This team has some very dynamic pieces on offense that will finally be utilized fully. For the last 4 years we played at a disadvantage due to our inept coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball. We allowed teams to key in on stopping AD due to our passive playcalling.

Chilly and Bevell being gone should automatically gives us a +2 in the win column.
    I like the attitude, but I believe we will be better, not because the coach is gone, but rather, as with 09, we have a healthy team, which we didn't have in 10.

Mix in a couple of new wrinkles/twists, along with basically the same offense and we will be a tough team to beat.

On a side note, I am worried about our DT position. Just haven't seen it collapsing the pocket much.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast