Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Could the Vikings hit the lottery to fund a new stadium?

Anything to add to the money we need

I really don't care how we get it

Big Matt is offline Starter

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    From PFT:

According to the Associated Press, the Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings and the Tennessee Titans are among the other NFL teams interested in pursuing lottery deals.
    OK

So then of course this is going to beg the question:

If a new stadium is going to create so much revenue and pay for itself so quickly, then why are teams like the Pats, Redskins, Titans and Lions all looking toward this additional funding? Every one of them have the luxury boxes, club seats and concessions that we are told the Vikings need to be profitable.

Are we now finding that even the new stadiums are not cost effective? Not that I would be surprised, but obviously these teams are having revenue troubles if they are seeking this.
    maybe they would use the extra funds to lower ticket/beer/hot dog prices?? ??? ;D

Man I'm starting to feel like a fortune teller ;D

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...opic=48760.110
    Boy, you guys keep this up and your going to be in the same boat we are in out here.
    HALF of our state budget is for the schools.
    Half!
    That works out to $17,000.00 per student in the public system.
    I called around and the most expensive private school I could find charges $9,000.00 per student per year.
    If they can provide better education, nicer facilities, pay their teachers better then what is CA doing with all that money?
    Now you know why I support school vouchers, at least you KNOW where your taxes are going.

Not to mention that all the State Lottery monies are supposed to go to schools.
    Hasn't save us a penny in new taxes.
    Maybe you could solve your stadium problems by hijacking the lottery up there and have the proceeds go to a new stadium for two years.
    Instead of giving away $7,000,000.00 grand prize, make it life time season tickets and one luxry box.
    Might generate some revenues.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

Question: I didn't own a vehicle when i lived in Minnesota because, well, i was too young. Do the MN vikings have a special license plate? I know wisconsin has one for the Green Bay Packers, but i think they could generate a little bit of money from that (If any money goes to the team). I know I would buy one in a heart beat when I move back.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"erik5032" wrote:
    Question: I didn't own a vehicle when i lived in Minnesota because, well, i was too young. Do the MN vikings have a special license plate? I know wisconsin has one for the Green Bay Packers, but i think they could generate a little bit of money from that (If any money goes to the team). I know I would buy one in a heart beat when I move back.
    It probably would generate a little bit if income.
    My guess is that it would be in the $1 - $2 million dollar range at best.
    Assuming that it was an extra $5 to $10 annually per plate, we would still need 200k to 300k people to select one.
    That might be a reach.

But it is possible, and every little bit would help.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    Man I'm starting to feel like a fortune teller ;D

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...opic=48760.110
    Boy, you guys keep this up and your going to be in the same boat we are in out here.
    HALF of our state budget is for the schools.
    Half!
    That works out to $17,000.00 per student in the public system.
    I called around and the most expensive private school I could find charges $9,000.00 per student per year.
    If they can provide better education, nicer facilities, pay their teachers better then what is CA doing with all that money?
    Now you know why I support school vouchers, at least you KNOW where your taxes are going.

Not to mention that all the State Lottery monies are supposed to go to schools.
    Hasn't save us a penny in new taxes.
    Maybe you could solve your stadium problems by hijacking the lottery up there and have the proceeds go to a new stadium for two years.
    Instead of giving away $7,000,000.00 grand prize, make it life time season tickets and one luxry box.
    Might generate some revenues.
    Where the hell are all of these private colleges that only charge 9,000 a year for tuition? Hell, I went to one in the late 80's and my tuition then was 11,000.

One linkAnd this was from 2007)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21420361/

Including room and board for students living on campus, charges for public four-year colleges were $13,589, or 5.9 percent higher than last year. At private four-year schools, total charges rose by the same percentage to $32,307. George Washington University in Washington, D.C. recently attracted attention for becoming the first major university with a published price, including room and board, of more than $50,000
    Per pupil funding for our school district is about 7,000 per student.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123