Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    All winnable to, just like the last two games. The team needs to play better in all phases or it will be a long year, but it us not out of the realm of possibilities, right Lloyd?

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    All winnable to, just like the last two games. The team needs to play better in all phases or it will be a long year, but it us not out of the realm of possibilities, right Lloyd?
    Yes, all are winnable but 2-2 is about the best we will do.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I actually feel pretty good about the Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Carolina games.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I actually feel pretty good about the Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Carolina games.
    Cleveland is about the only game I feel good about and not that good. They are not bad defensively and gave Miami quite a game. The ravens didn't score a whole lot of points either. If we win any of those games it will be close.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    We are averaging 27 points a game against a good and a really good DEF. Yes, 2 scores in the Chicago game were from non-offensive teams, but its not like we are the Browns or the Steelers. We DO put points on the board.

Let's not find problems where none exist, there are WAY too many already.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The same case was made to defend Jackson in 2007 when the defense was creating turnovers and scoring points for the team while the offense was terrible. It wasn't valid then and it isn't valid now.

Point blank the offense needs to be able to score when we need it to score and if you watched the last drive of the bears game it is obvious we are not aggressive enough and can't score when we need to on offense.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The same case was made to defend Jackson in 2007 when the defense was creating turnovers and scoring points for the team while the offense was terrible. It wasn't valid then and it isn't valid now.

Point blank the offense needs to be able to score when we need it to score and if you watched the last drive of the bears game it is obvious we are not aggressive enough and can't score when we need to on offense.
    Your point can be countered just as easily by saying point blank, we need to be able to stop scoring drives when we need to stop scoring drives. The game is still about playing all aspects of the game.

The last time Ponder left the field we had a 6 point lead. It wasn't his choice to run the ball, it wasn't his choice to go for the field goal, it wasn't him that let the Bears drive the length of the field to get the go ahead win.

Sure, you can go back and look at a hundred things during the course of the game that could have been done better (including Ponder's play), but bottom line is we were in a position to win a game and all we needed to do was stop the opponent from driving the field and scoring a TD and we failed to do so.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Dude, you wrecked my houseful of people with this one! From the movie "Freaks"

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    Ok, no more doom and gloom. I think we have a chance to run off 4 games! We have Cleveland, Steelers, and Panthers at home and the Giants away. They have a combined record of 0-7. We could turn this bitch around and steal some wins here. What are your thoughts?
    And those teams are saying that about us lol. In fact I'm willing to bet we help all those teams fix their problems, or at least make it look like their problems weren't as bad as they thought they were for 1 week. We have a history of doing that vs struggling teams. However I do feel we're capable of destroying Cleveland. I even have a feeling Ponder just might throw for 300 and look like a pro QB for a week before it's back to reality vs the Steelers.

But if we lose to Cleveland I say we just blow the whole thing up and start over. Remove every last trace of the Childress era like we should have done 3 years ago. Then go out and finally get a guy that's a bit more aggressive. Enough of the passive conservative coaches. We need a new attitude around here.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Hate to jab a stick in the spokes, but Steelers isn't really a home game. It's in England at night. We suck on the road, we suck in primetime. Perhaps we're awesome in Europe? Probably not.

EIther way, I'll be at the Browns and Panthers game, so those are guaranteed wins. I haven't been to a bad game yet at the dome. Only loss was two years ago vs. the Packers when they lost a tight one out of about 8 games so far.

We generally play fairly well in New York, so a realistic chance of winning. HOpefully they keep David Wilson in though, I have more confidence stopping him than Brandon Jacobs.
    Hey! I'm 2-0 watching the Vikings and I'll be at Wembley so we have a chance and the Steelers are awful
    Purple till i die

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast