Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: It could happen again...

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Chili needs to make a Troy ratio. Ensuring under 15% of offensive plays go to Williamson.
    Not only that, but lets announce it to the rest of the league ala Tice.....
    : Yep! Like that made a difference in the way teams covered him. Give me a fucking break.

Do you think if Tice would have said they were going to run 80% of the time that teams would have left Moss 1 on 1 & stuffed more guys in the box?

Any coach with half a brain that knew Moss, knew the Vikings were going to pass to him every chance they had.

That ratio was no big secret.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Chili needs to make a Troy ratio. Ensuring under 15% of offensive plays go to Williamson.
    : Yep! Like that made a difference in the way teams covered him. Give me a fricken break.

Do you think if Tice would have said they were going to run 80% of the time that teams would have left Moss 1 on 1 & stuffed more guys in the box?

Any coach with half a brain that knew Moss, knew the Vikings were going to pass to him every chance they had.

That is one area where Childress is way ahead of Tice. Looking at the offense last year and into this year he is so good at guarding his scheme that not even the players know or understand it.

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

I believe teams do better when noone expects them to be any good. There are always exceptions to this like Detroit and Oakland, But I feel we will suprise some people this year. Also we play in the NFC so anything can happen. Man I remember the days the NFC was the powerhouse, what happened?

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"gr8vike" wrote:
    I believe teams do better when noone expects them to be any good. There are always exceptions to this like Detroit and Oakland, But I feel we will suprise some people this year. Also we play in the NFC so anything can happen. Man I remember the days the NFC was the powerhouse, what happened?
    The NFC is wide open.
    Maybe, we can catch a couple of breaks during the season and be the team that advances.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    : Yep! Like that made a difference in the way teams covered him. Give me a fucking break.

Your absolutely right, but I still dont feel that you should announce it.

Everyone knew when we needed a big play, the ball was going to Moss, it was no secret, but again, you just don't announce it.

Whether or not we announced it, did nothing to change the way teams prepared for us.
    Everyone always needed to double Moss, or at least have a plan in place if he started getting hot.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    : Yep! Like that made a difference in the way teams covered him. Give me a fricken break.

That is one area where Childress is way ahead of Tice. Looking at the offense last year and into this year he is so good at guarding his scheme that not even the players know or understand it.
    LMAO !
    In fact, it is so top secret he won't even use it in games!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

LMAO !

LOL
    ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

LMAO !

If it confuses are own players, our opponents will be completely baffled.........

[size=13pt]BRILLIANT![/size]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=36369.msg612955#msg612955 date=1186199262]

LMAO !

If it confuses are own players, our opponents will be completely baffled.........

[size=13pt]BRILLIANT![/size]
    [/quote]

That's fine as long as they don't figure out that wonderful plan.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    ...That is one area where Childress is way ahead of Tice. Looking at the offense last year and into this year he is so good at guarding his scheme that not even the players know or understand it.
    ;D, nice.
    Funny stuff.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12