jsa803 is offline Rookie

This could get BIG!!!!!!!

A week ago i wrote in here that twice a week a would write for a vikings panel here in rochester for our local news paper.
    Well today is the first post and the paper had a introduction on all of the panelists.
    My intro will be read by many and this site could get alot bigger because of it. here it is.

• *** ******, a college student who says he goes to purplepride.org (of which he is a member) to post opinions and read those of others.

also i had to write about a Vikings question and it was how we felt about the roster aquisitions and here is my response.

"All of the moves the Vikings made with new players were good ones. Chester Taylor, Steve Hutchinson and Tony Richardson all will help make the Vikings an elite running team. The only weakness in the Vikings acquisitions is they did not bring in another receiver. Super Bowl XXXIX MVP Deion Branch was available for the right price, as were Jerry Porter and Ashlie Lelie. Marcus Robinson recently went public with saying the receivers they have will suffice and get the job done. If that is true the Vikings will move the ball efficiently and be a tough defensive team, a great combination."

Losers find excuses, Winners find a way!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: This could get BIG!!!!!!!

Nice way to spread the work about PPO....

Also nice to read your writings and hope to see more in the future...

Does the paper you write for have a web site?..

Good Luck and Thanks..

VikingNed

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

jsa803 is offline Rookie

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Nice way to spread the work about PPO....

Also nice to read your writings and hope to see more in the future...

Does the paper you write for have a web site?..

Good Luck and Thanks..

VikingNed
    Postbulletin.com
    unfortunatly you need a username and password to view articles

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

If the site's membership jumps, then I think that is title worthy

(Just trying to put a plug in for ya)
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

jsa803 is offline Rookie

"Braddock" wrote:
    If the site's membership jumps, then I think that is title worthy

(Just trying to put a plug in for ya)
    haha thanks man!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

nice article, and once again congratulations. however... remember when u first anounced this, we said we would critique your work, as any other analysts' (that should be a good thing)

that being said.

Super Bowl XXXIX MVP Deion Branch was available for the right price, as were Jerry Porter and Ashlie Lelie.
    while i agree with u about the lack of effort to bring in a solid #1 reciever (not that i think we need an amazing guy out there),
    the Patriots were asking up to two first round draft picks for Branch, thats hardly the right price.

Lelie is currently the #3 reciever for the broncos, while yes he is talented, the amount they're asking for him is not worth it for a player that is much like those we've recently released (k-rob, offord, b-williams, etc)

Maybe we could have made a stronger pull for porter.. but im still content with our recievers playability

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    nice article, and once again congratulations. however... remember when u first anounced this, we said we would critique your work, as any other analysts' (that should be a good thing)

that being said.

Super Bowl XXXIX MVP Deion Branch was available for the right price, as were Jerry Porter and Ashlie Lelie.
    while i agree with u about the lack of effort to bring in a solid #1 reciever (not that i think we need an amazing guy out there),
    the Patriots were asking up to two first round draft picks for Branch, thats hardly the right price.

Lelie is currently the #3 reciever for the broncos, while yes he is talented, the amount they're asking for him is not worth it for a player that is much like those we've recently released (k-rob, offord, b-williams, etc)

Maybe we could have made a stronger pull for porter.. but im still content with our recievers playability

Vikes_King,

I don't think he was saying himself that Branch was going for the RIGHT PRICE....

But what I think he was trying to say was....The Patriots where willing to trade Branch for ( should have been " If " ) the price was right..

But your 100% correct my friend, the Patriots wanted 2....1st round picks included in a deal,
    which I also think was asking way to much for Branch, and I guess everyone else felt the same, seeing it didn't happen.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.