Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Cottrell's defensive ideas

Cottrell has some good views on the D and I like the idea that we're going to be aggressive - O'Leary wanted to do this last year but didn't quite have the personnel to do it properly.
    I'm looking to see a few clips on the sports shows of some Minnesota players playing hard and letting the opposition know they are there

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/sports/football/nfl/minnesota_vikings/9288493.htm
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Thanks for the article Anglo. i hope that Ted can whip these guys into shape? I would love to see the Purple People Eaters back in business. With all of the talent that we have I don't see why this can't happen.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

Blog Entries

"BigEasyViking" wrote:
    Thanks for the article Anglo. i hope that Ted can whip these guys into shape? I would love to see the Purple People Eaters back in business. With all of the talent that we have I don't see why this can't happen.
    Would be great to see the Vikes feared for defence as well as just offense.. nothing gets the crowd going more than a good defensive play - that'll help crank up the noise in the Dome :twisted: :twisted:

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Great article Anglo!

I would also like to see us be more aggressive. Maybe now with a shutdown corner and another emerging corner we can afford to blitz a little more.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Great article Anglo!

I can't wait to see sports reporters and espn giving the Vikings defence respect. This is going to be a good year for the Vikings!
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

agreed with everyone. this is gonna be an exciting year for the viking franchise!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Great article Anglo!

I would also like to see us be more aggressive. Maybe now with a shutdown corner and another emerging corner we can afford to blitz a little more.

I would say that bot our Cb's are shutdown CB's. Brian williams did a great job last year, and he was playing our #1 CB spot and the other teams #1 WR. This year he will be our #2 CB and playing the other teams #2 WR. I think brian williams can definately shut down most, if not all, #2 WR's in the NFL. I think the addition of winfield and the progression of williams, will allow us to play a D kind of like philly has with their 2 good CB's in the past. Expect to see us blitz the house a few times and leave williams and winfield on islands. But also, with kevin williams emerging as a great pass rush threat, the drafting of udeze, and hovan loosing weight and looking quick again, we shouldn't need to blitz as much as we would have had to in the past. I just see this group as a very dangerous group of D players, who can beat you with the blitz, or by sending only their front 4. I can't wait to see these guys play!

Blog Entries

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    [

I would say that bot our Cb's are shutdown CB's. Brian williams did a great job last year, and he was playing our #1 CB spot and the other teams #1 WR. This year he will be our #2 CB and playing the other teams #2 WR. I think brian williams can definately shut down most, if not all, #2 WR's in the NFL.
    Good point , last year would have given him good experience and confidence. God if we could have two CBs that can play like that ! it would be unheard of in recent Vikes defensive history

Man is Cottrell heaven sent or what...what a great attitude just what our D needs, :happy9: great Article Thanks Anglo :notworthy:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

It will get off the field as soon as possible, enabling the offense to go to work, instead of trying to hold the opposing offense to one point fewer than the Vikings' offense scores.
    Amen to that. I got so sick of the prevent a win defense last year I could barely stand it. ukeright:

WWBGD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast