Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cottrell's D

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Cottrell's D

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Well It's funny how good Irvin became once he got hurt, because he wasn't that great to begin with.
    Well he was starting for us at the end of last year in place of Walker.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Cottrell's D

No pressure on the qb..his schemes suck. yea our d is young but that is no excuse...what happened to the defense that was shutting down the offense in practice and the preseason (allowing 3 points)...what's with the defense that everyone was lauding about....That's the D I expected and the D I want to see...!!!

Not this soft cookie cutter defense with the bend-but-don't break philosophy....

What's with our coaches?

Our playcalling on both sides of the ball suck right now...

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Cottrell's D

Im hoping cottrell comes up with something new and fast because whatever hes doing isint working at all. TOo much passing is whats our problem since our depth is as skinny as a fingernail.

i also believe we dont want to give up big plays so we leave the underneat open to the te's and rbs. Bad move from what i see.

I expect a major change this week or else grossman is going to be looking like peyton manning.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Cottrell's D

"Big Daddy" wrote:
    I think it is out if necessity, not by design. When Ken Irvin went down in week one that really put our secondary in a very bad light. If you blitz you have to play flawless in the secondary or your going to get burned, and Rushen Jones and Rhett Nelson just can’t do that. Also our LB’s are young and miss assignments and make mistakes, which also makes it hard to blitz. If you sell out and blitz and someone screws up your going to give up a big play. So until we have personnel is comfortable enough with the defensive schemes I don’t think we will see a lot of blitzes.
    I agree. Also, one big problem in the eagles game, with our D, was blown coverages by our LB's. There was a ton of them. This is why Newman is gonna start this week, instead of DT. DT isn't getting it as fast as I expected him too and he is making some mistakes out there. He will probably be used like nattiel and EJ were last year, for the rest of this season, and then be the starter again next year.

Don't worry, we will get better on D and will be right around 15 or so in the rankings by seasons end. One thing that will really help, is getting mixon back. I didn't realize how good he was, until he was out.

daredevil25 is offline Rookie

Cottrell's D

Wasn't Cottrell's problem in NY that his schemes weren't as agressive as Herm Edwards would like. I know immediately got a DC that would be agrressive and would attack the offense.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Cottrell's D

i heard that herm wanted to run the basic tampa bay cover 2 and cotrell wanted be agressive

fantasy question
    is warrick dunn playing on sunday?
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Cottrell's D

"pudgesoprano" wrote:
    i heard that herm wanted to run the basic tampa bay cover 2 and cotrell wanted be agressive

fantasy question
    is warrick dunn playing on sunday?

I believe he has been upgraded to probable.

Cottrell's D

Dunn will play. He's listed at probable but he will play, he's a tough guy for his size and frame. However, I'd hesitate to start him because his knee injury healed or not, may worry Mora and OC Greg Knapp into using TJ Duckett more often than Dunn. I don't know who they'll use on the goal line, the Falcons have been pretty deadly when they get there, but we may be looking to get Peerless Price his first TD this week when we get down there.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Cottrell's D

Hey daredevil, I was talking to my buddy that is a Falcons fan, and he was curious as to what Falcons fan site you use (I was telling him about the Pecker haiku guy). He is looking for a good to great Falcons site and so far, he thinks that the ones that he has seen suck. He is fairly knowledgable and also into UGA football and would be a good addition to your group.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Cottrell's D

The official board at boards.atlantafalcons.com is the best Falcons site I know of and the only one I visit. The haiku doesn't "really" post in haiku but all his post have like three lines. Plus he has some infatuation w/ trying to insult people by saying they're a student of the Georgia education system. Funny one time he did that to me, and shut up when I told him I've lived half my life in California (including now).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12