Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cottrell's D

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Cottrell's D

Now I see people complaoining that the D line isn't gettign done, hovan sucks etc.

Now given mixon was out and Hovan is not playing well but where are the blitzes?

Ted is sopposed to be a Defensive genius, but his pressure schemes suck!!

most of the blitzes I saw which were extremely few, were LB/S blitzes up the middle right at the one guy who has no one to black the center.

Am I missing it?
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Cottrell's D

i find he is playing a very passive d right now. not much agression to it.

I would also like to see some more agressive play

Crunchem is offline Rookie

Cottrell's D

They need to AMP. it up, hit some people and get to the QB if the only way to do that is more blitzes then I say go for it. Not so many they leave themselves in bad situations but enough to keep some pressure on other teams.
    Lets go fishing

Del Rio Guest

Cottrell's D

No your not missing it, it is weak.

I did see a corner Blitz with Winfield but he got rocked by a RB big time.

I think the talent is there but the package is weak. From what I gathered he wanted us to get back to the Mentality of the purple people eaters. Maybe he is just trying to run some basic packages until they get the fire then he whip out the good stuff.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Cottrell's D

Well he knows what hes doin hes had number 1 defenses and what not, i'm still gonna give him some time. We should really come out and dominate the bears in our home stadium on the defensive side of the ball. If we cant get pressure on the worst QB in the NFC(53.9 passer rating) then we know there is a serious problem. If the bears go out there and run all over us and pass all over us (which is very unlikely) theres a problem. If the bears want to beat us they will have to run at us like they did the slackers.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Cottrell's D

I think it is out if necessity, not by design. When Ken Irvin went down in week one that really put our secondary in a very bad light. If you blitz you have to play flawless in the secondary or your going to get burned, and Rushen Jones and Rhett Nelson just can’t do that. Also our LB’s are young and miss assignments and make mistakes, which also makes it hard to blitz. If you sell out and blitz and someone screws up your going to give up a big play. So until we have personnel is comfortable enough with the defensive schemes I don’t think we will see a lot of blitzes.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Cottrell's D

Winfield got to McNabb on one blitz but he tried to arm tackle him and McNabb ran right by him. I agree we are a little passive right now, but I think with all the young guys and new faces he is probably slowly putting in more complex packages and blitzing schemes!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio Guest

Cottrell's D

Well It's funny how good Irvin became once he got hurt, because he wasn't that great to begin with.

I agree on the blitzing. Hopefully we will see some great D against the Bears that will give them some confidence.

How bout a sack for Hovan, and an Interception out of man D. Is that too much to ask?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Cottrell's D

Del Rio how the hell did you get a pic that big in your avatar. Sh*t i cant even get a small one to work.

Del Rio Guest

Cottrell's D

I host it on my own web space, I better change it even I'm getting annoyed looking at it LOL :lol:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast