Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Cottrell won't limit his options

Another key element that's being forgotten here is MLB. It is his job to read the defense & to make sure the players are set where they are supposed to be. Last year it was Dontarrius. By know means did he have the veteran experience to do a 1st rate job at it. This year it's Sam Cowart. Certainly a smart enough veteran to qualify for that job. But he's new to the Vikings & Cottrell's defense & he's still learning it. Also, he has only played in a few games this year himself. So we are lacking a bit at that part of that position.

Perhaps it's a combination of the two that's the root of the confusion.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i don't remember the defence blitsing and jamming the wr's except for the NO game. i want that style of defence , this 7 yard cusion for the wr's is to soft for my liking

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

cotrell needs to shove the fact down their throats that they aren't playing up to expectations!!!!

Go vikes!!

purplegang is offline Starter

cotrell, needs a ticket, a one way ticket on a bus heading nowhere!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "In fact, the Vikings had at least one player line up wrong on 25 percent of the Falcons' plays (16 of 64) as Atlanta rolled up 285 rushing yards"

I said it all last year, I said it this year......Ted Cottrell is horrible.....BUT Teddy needs time.....Teddy needs better players......Teddy did good things long long ago.............

He sucks, he needs to take a hike in the woods. Preferably in some other state for some other team.

Yah I doubted ya alot.. I thought he needed time and players.. Well he got both and has nothing to show for it.. Pass me the crow.. My bad dude

Del Rio Guest

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "In fact, the Vikings had at least one player line up wrong on 25 percent of the Falcons' plays (16 of 64) as Atlanta rolled up 285 rushing yards"

I said it all last year, I said it this year......Ted Cottrell is horrible.....BUT Teddy needs time.....Teddy needs better players......Teddy did good things long long ago.............

He sucks, he needs to take a hike in the woods. Preferably in some other state for some other team.

Yah I doubted ya alot.. I thought he needed time and players.. Well he got both and has nothing to show for it.. Pass me the crow.. My bad dude
    Dude I wasn't calling anyone out. Who knows maybe he can pull it together. I personally doubt it, but he is still the coach, perhaps he can make it work.

I don't have a list carved into my desk of who said what :grin: I would think there are people more likely to have to eat crow around here then you, myself being one of them. Your a very down to earth logical guy, so it seems.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Dude I wasn't calling anyone out. Who knows maybe he can pull it together. I personally doubt it, but he is still the coach, perhaps he can make it work.

I don't have a list carved into my desk of who said what :grin: I would think there are people more likely to have to eat crow around here then you, myself being one of them. Your a very down to earth logical guy, so it seems.

Yah I hear what your saying bro.. But I thought he was gonna make our D a top flight D just because he was gonna be our cordinator.. I guess I was wrong.. But yah i am a very down to earth guy your right

Big C is offline Coordinator

Well at least Harris got benched so we're stepping in the right direction. I've been on his case since pre-season. Cowart led the team with 9 tackles against Atlanta. Hopefully thats a sign of him adjusting to the offense. James will start seeing more snaps which is good because I think he can certainly bring a decent pass rush.

The teams we face the rest of the year will play in to our hands. Our defense is all about shutting down the #1 and #2 WRs and stopping the run with 7 to 8 men in the box. Atlanta doesn't have that kind of offense so it was a mis-match.

Teddy also needs to bring the blitz. I don't think we blitzed even once against the Falcons. That is so sad because you know they are running the ball and they have no passing game for LBs to get involved in coverage.

Oh well, it can't get worse than it is now right? RIGHT?!!
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Del Rio Guest

I don't think Ted needs to blitz.

From the things I have been reading I think it's pretty much a lost cause. players frustrated, coaches blaming players, people confused.....advisors coming in. Coaches fucking crying................

This week against the Bears is a huge game. If there isn't sign of improvement I would sever ties with Teddy asap.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I don't think Ted needs to blitz.

From the things I have been reading I think it's pretty much a lost cause. players frustrated, coaches blaming players, people confused.....advisors coming in. Coaches fricken crying................

This week against the Bears is a huge game. If there isn't sign of improvement I would sever ties with Teddy asap.
    I think you are right, we could be seeing Foge taking over????? For the rest of the Season??????

You can fire a assistant and get away with it during the season a lot easier than the Head Coach.

If the D has lost confidence in him, it might have to happen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast