Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Cottrell to switch it up at linebacker

I say we lure Jimmy Johnson away from Philly, let him be our HC. He's a proven D cordinator, and he knows how to win. However, we shouldnt fire tice, we should keep him onboard as an assistant coach, offensive coordinator, something like that.

Seriously, Green? He was a decent coach, but he was horrid in the clutch situations! The loss to Atlanta in the Championship game was definitely due to really bad coaching decisions. I have many, many other vague recollections of screaming at the TV at yet another stupid coaching decision, but I'm too tired to try to determine what they were. I do know they were plentiful though. We should've never let Dungy go, that's the plain truth. If we could've ousted Green and put Dungy in, we would've won a Superbowl by now.

Del Rio Guest

Green made some mistakes, I like him for some reason. He won us some games. And he did screw us over no doubt. I always wonder if it was more of an attitude an looking past the Falcons thinking about Denver.

But I wish we would have got Dungy from Tampa Bay instead of Tice, I bet Dungy would have agreed. Damn Red Mcombs.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Green made some mistakes, I like him for some reason. He won us some games. And he did screw us over no doubt. I always wonder if it was more of an attitude an looking past the Falcons thinking about Denver.

But I wish we would have got Dungy from Tampa Bay instead of Tice, I bet Dungy would have agreed. gol 'darnit Red Mcombs.
    I actually did like Green too. I liked him because we were almost always assured of making it to the playoffs...not that we did much there, but we were consistantly a 'good team' with Green. I'd prefer Green over Tice, but I'd prefer my Great Aunt Mabel over Tice, so that's not saying a whole lot...

Yeah, Dungy...sigh...

Southern Yankee...what kind of two-sided argument is that?

"Seriously, Green? He was a decent coach, but he was horrid in the clutch situations! ... We should've never let Dungy go, that's the plain truth. If we could've ousted Green and put Dungy in, we would've won a Superbowl by now."

What the heck has Tony Dungy ever done except choke in big games with the most talented team in the league? He's a first class act who I would love to have as a coach, but he hasn't won any more big games than Denny!

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I think he is just making excuses so when he lines guys up out of position he can be like "Oh that, that was me using my complex scheme that requires 11 all stars"

LMAO

Ted can you tell us why your middle line backer was lined up 15 yards to the left of center.

Ted- Well it's simple....................that's the way I planned it.

But it sucked Ted, the RB ran 85 yards up the middle for a TD.

Ted- ..............................I NEED BETTER PLAYERS DAMNIT!!
    That sounds like something Cotrell would say :lol:

But, it will be fun to see if him mixing thhem up is going to work out or not. But if it doesn't, his jiggly butt is out of here. Because I have a feeling Wilf isn't playing around.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i think cotrell will do great this year

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Ted got the players he needs, his job is on the line now...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Dungy is one class act. I would have loved to have him as coach. I had so much fun watching those defenses in the 90's score all our points. BUT! He has won just as many AFC championships as Tice has won NFC. He has all the talent on his team that the vikings have had, likely even more. He hasn't went anywhere. What was mister defensive coaches defense ranked the last few years? Dungy needs talent too, he can't just pull it outta his ass. Tice is an offensive minded coach, and has had the offense in the top, what, 5 while he has been here? The DC, and defense have been fixed, *crosses his fingers* here. Can you say that about Indy?

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Some would argue that Bill Belichick, a defensive minded coach, has less talent on his team than Dungy.

It's about coaching men, not being defensive or offensive minded. Bill Belichick is a good coach of men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast