Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Re: Cottrell to switch it up at linebacker

Do you think the Patriots should keep the defense simple DeepT? I will say, Cottrell does have the resume to keep me from offering much advice, not that I could if I did want to. Gregg Williams should keep it simple to? How about the Eagles D-coordinator? Is the defense going to be any good at all playing vanilla so the OC knows what they are gonna do? They paid for the players, now, they can go damn earn their money.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

I trust whatever Cottrel thinks is best. If he thinks it is a good idea to mix up linebackers and make complex plays, it's fine by me. Al least until we start losing games because of it :lol: j/k

Del Rio Guest

I'm done bashing the guy, he has had good years and some ugly years. I am giving him the benifit of the doubt. I don't like em, but he has the job, I am sure he worked hard to get where he is today. I will give him this year and if he screws it up I'm firing his ass.

toemaster6 is offline Rookie

One of the biggest problems we have had for a number of years was our secondary had problems at times holding their own and not getting burned.This forced our linebacking core to stay at home more to help in coverage. Now that we have an even more ligitament secondary it allows Cottrel to be more agressive in blitzing which last time I checked placed QB's into situations to force the ball more and make at times bad decisions thus leading to more interceptions. I say blitz the shizite out of the opponent give them as many different looks as possible and keep them guessing. This IMO will only work to our advantage.
    This year the Vikes D is really going to find out if Farve tastes like chicken and to any Charger fans

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I'm done bashing the guy, he has had good years and some ugly years. I am giving him the benifit of the doubt. I don't like em, but he has the job, I am sure he worked hard to get where he is today. I will give him this year and if he screws it up I'm firing his jiggly butt.
    Fire Cottrell...Del Rio for Defensive Coordinator!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

The problem with that is Cottrel will probably be Tices replacement if the vikes don't produce up to expectations this year. It's already been talked about.
    This year the Vikes D is really going to find out if Farve tastes like chicken and to any Charger fans

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

Del Rio Guest

I'm telling you right now Cotrell will not be the head coach of the Vikes. He had one shot at being the head coach of a team and lord knows there were teams that needed a coach, he didn't get one.

If Tice get's canned and Cotrell takes over I will have to call up Hell and see if it is froze. I can honestly say if that were to happen it would be purely for political reasons.

Not when there are good coaches on the market.

Yuo may be right but I thought I read and I could be wrong that there was the potential of cottrel becoming the head coach if tice didn't get the job done this year.

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I'm telling you right now Cotrell will not be the head coach of the Vikes. He had one shot at being the head coach of a team and lord knows there were teams that needed a coach, he didn't get one.

If Tice get's canned and Cotrell takes over I will have to call up Hell and see if it is froze. I can honestly say if that were to happen it would be purely for political reasons.

Not when there are good coaches on the market.
    Regardless of your opinion on Cottrell, the chance of him becoming the Vikes next coach is better than you might think....there have been a couple articles about Cottrell possibly being the next coach....it seems like the speculation on the Vikes next coach always turns up 2 names: Ted Cottrell and Jim Fassell....I don't know who I would rather have.....wish we would of kept Denny Green...he was a dang good coach! But I guess we'll have to deal with Tice for now....I'm more worried about Loney than Tice....both seem like idiots to me....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Del Rio Guest

That's all that would be is an opinion Audio. And I am not sold on the speculation, and what if's. A few articles written by guys who are trying to create interesting reads doesn't translate into reality.

He may be the Vikings next coach, but I would rather have Tice then him. Not that I have any say, Cotrell is a fraud IMO.

If Denny remained somewhat sane I wish we would have kept him too, he went off the deep end though. No doubt the guy was one of the best we have had.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast