Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ddawg84 is offline Starter

Re: Cottrell Exited about D :)

Yeah now Ted will really be able to do all the things he wanted to do last year, but our defense and our linebackers were too inexperienced as a whole to allow him to run all of his schemes and use all his weapons....Plus with the upgrades on the D-line and linebackers he will be able to run a lot more blitzs because he has 2 great corners now that he can leave on and island had have faith in!!!!! Go New school Purple People Eaters......

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    With this ammount of talent on our D, cotrell needs to be worried more than anything. He has no excuses this year.
    Him or Tice, no excuses whatsoever!

Exactly!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

its amazing when u think about what we got, without a doubt one of the best if not the best d lines in the nfl, and now one of the best secondarys....with a solid LB core...its bad a$$!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    its amazing when u think about what we got, without a doubt one of the best if not the best d lines in the nfl, and now one of the best secondarys....with a solid LB core...its bad a$$!

Yeah, we have the talent to be a top 5 D, but it is just hard for me, being a vikes fan, to even expect us to be anywhere near top 5 on D, after how horrible we have been every year. I will be satisfied with a 15th or so D, as long as they are a play making D, which I expect us to be with our added speed on D.

Guruzen is offline Starter

"Ddawg84" wrote:
    Yeah now Ted will really be able to do all the things he wanted to do last year, but our defense and our linebackers were too inexperienced as a whole to allow him to run all of his schemes and use all his weapons....Plus with the upgrades on the D-line and linebackers he will be able to run a lot more blitzs because he has 2 great corners now that he can leave on and island had have faith in!!!!! Go New school Purple People Eaters......
    Yeah... i think he really held back last season because we just didn't have the personnel to execute the schemes that made him one of the top defensive guys in the league. I think he was way too conservative, but he didn't really have much choice.

"Guruzen" wrote:
    "Ddawg84" wrote:
    Yeah... i think he really held back last season because we just didn't have the personnel to execute the schemes that made him one of the top defensive guys in the league. I think he was way too conservative, but he didn't really have much choice.

Yep. Once we kept getting our CB's injured and he saw our LB's struggle in coverage, he had to play conservative and soft D.

He will be able to be much more aggressive this year, but also, he shouldn't have to be as aggressive either. With our new D line, we should be much much better at getting pressure on the QB, allowing us to not have to send blitzing LB's, CB's, and S's.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Release the Hounnnnnnds!!!!!!
    It's Clobbering Time!!
    (dammit, almost!!! argh)
    He is the coach and I bet he is not as excited as I am.
    Kevin Williams is going to blow up the whole Oline!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    Release the Hounnnnnnds!!!!!!
    It's Clobbering Time!!(dammit, almost!!! argh)
    He is the coach and I bet he is not as excited as I am.
    Kevin Williams is going to blow up the whole Oline!
    there is a new movie coming out. It looks hilarious. I saw the trailer and that big rock guy popped up in the screen and said "it's clooberin' time"!!

Del Rio Guest

"Guruzen" wrote:
    "Ddawg84" wrote:
    Lots of coaches do it with less.
    I will not be at all surprised if he mucks this up. But you can't help but be excited.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "Guruzen" wrote:
    "Ddawg84" wrote:

Yep. Once we kept getting our CB's injured and he saw our LB's struggle in coverage, he had to play conservative and soft D.

He will be able to be much more aggressive this year, but also, he shouldn't have to be as aggressive either. With our new D line, we should be much much better at getting pressure on the QB, allowing us to not have to send blitzing LB's, CB's, and S's.
    True, but a good pass rush with the front four can also allow a coordinator to send more guys on the blitz. If the pass rush is good enough to make it difficult to stop it with the O-line alone, the offense will use more fullbacks and TE's to protect the quarterback and will have less receiving options, thus freeing up some personnel to come on the blitz while still being able to effectively cover their receivers. A good pass rush opens up a wide array of options, and our front four is the main reason I'm excited about our defense.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast