Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Cotrell...good coach???

I'd like Ted Cotrell, the D coordinator, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy Minnesota slumber over there on Viking Lane, with all the other football minds, and I want him brought right here with a purple ribbon on his head. And, I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, floor-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey sh** he is! Hallelujah! Holly Sh**! Where's the Tequila? :drunken:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Foreman44 is offline Starter

Cotrell...good coach???

No excuses Ted Cotrell.
    Time to get it together is NOW.

I know it's early still and it takes time to have things start to gel, but I can't help but feel at this point that he is not the answer at D coordinator.

If Marvin Lewis doesn't make it through the entire year with the Bengals as head coach, I suggest going after him.

I'm willing to be a little more patient though with Ted ... with games coming up against the Giants and the Colts (a real test for a D coordinator) we'll see how this defense responds.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Cotrell...good coach???

"eelpout72" wrote:
    Its still early, but i must say im disappointed too. Anybody else notice that the Jets were ranked 21 in defense last year w/Cottrell and currently are ranked 9 this year without him? Vikes were 23 last year w/O'Leary and are now 31 with Cotrell.

Again, were only four games in but it seems we should be doing much better as our personnel has improved.
    Makes all the O'Leary doubters have to eat some crow...at least O'Lary's defense was getting INTs and making plays. No, the real problem is that the Viking defenses of the last 15-20 years have overall been poor tackling teams...I have watched them miss tackle after tackle for years and years...poor fundamentals is the real problem. If I were the Defensive Coordinator, I would line up all the defensive players and do tackling drills until they bled...and threaten to renew the drills during the season for anyone who missed a sure tackle in any game. Harsh, but effective!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12