Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Cost of Season Tickets

I've always wanted to get on the season ticket waiting list, I didn't know you could get your tickets so soon though. Although I don't think I would be able to afford season tickets even within the next few years. Dang student loans!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"briboy75" wrote:
    I heard you can buy season tickets from Mike Tice for only double face value!
    Nice..LOL

"briboy75" wrote:
    I heard you can buy season tickets from Mike Tice for only double face value!
    nah he sold all of his seats. He is now selling Jets tix.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Seriously, the "limited view" season ticket has got to be the way to go. It's only $99 per seat, and gets you into the stadium. For all but the most heavily attended games, you should be able to find some other, better empty seats to sit in and see the game. Even with the "limited view", you can generally see most of the action.

I live 700 miles away and can only afford to come to one or two home games a season. I generally sell the rest on eBay (usually the Packers game as well). In six seasons, the tickets I have sold have paid for my season seats...so I get my tickets for the one or two games I do go to for free! Of course, this usually means selling the Packer game tickets, which often fetch in excess of three times face value. Of course, you can also barely give away preseason games but they still cost you as much as a regular season game.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

"purplepat" wrote:
    I live 700 miles away and can only afford to come to one or two home games a season. I generally sell the rest on eBay (usually the Packers game as well). In six seasons, the tickets I have sold have paid for my season seats...so I get my tickets for the one or two games I do go to for free! Of course, this usually means selling the Packer game tickets, which often fetch in excess of three times face value. Of course, you can also barely give away preseason games but they still cost you as much as a regular season game.
    Does it matter to you who buys the tix on ebay? I mean, would you sell your GB tix to a packer fan?

Just curious....

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"purplepat" wrote:
    Seriously, the "limited view" season ticket has got to be the way to go. It's only $99 per seat, and gets you into the stadium. For all but the most heavily attended games, you should be able to find some other, better empty seats to sit in and see the game. Even with the "limited view", you can generally see most of the action.

Hopefully you're not one of those "Limited View" season ticket holders that sell their tix on eBay & don't list them as such.

That to me is deceit & I don't care for it! :evil:

I've seen to many people screwed over by those types of sellers.

They pay "big money" for a set of seats only to recieve $10 tickets & a view from behind a pillar.

If any of you buy tix off of eBay, make damn sure of what you're buying before bidding on tix in rows 27 & higher in the upper level!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    I've always wanted to get on the season ticket waiting list, I didn't know you could get your tickets so soon though. Although I don't think I would be able to afford season tickets even within the next few years. Dang student loans!
    I waited on the list 5 years for my tickets (I signed up during my honeymoon in 1982 when the dome just opened). From what I understand the wait is not as long now. I started with two tickets in the nose bleeds in the endzone, but requested an upgrade every year. Eventually I worked my way to midfield then started moving down. I never kept all the games each year though. I've always kept a few games that I've wanted to go to, and sold the rest to friends - always Vikes fans (I never had trouble finding buyers).

You could do it Babe. Just go to a couple games a year at first, whatever you can afford, and sell the rest. You pay for the tickets in three payments each year. The first is February, the second in April, and the final payment in June.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

NeumDog is offline Tailgate Bitch

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Hey SingerSP,

How do they work the playoff tickets?....and what if we got into the Superbowl?...
    You automatically get 1st crack at buying all playoff tickets for your season ticket seats for all home games.

I bought both sets of playoff tickets for the 2005 season, because the Vikes where still in it when they sold them.

I don't believe us season ticket holders get a chance to buy Super Bowl tix if the Vikings make it in or even if the Super Bowl is played at the Dome again. I hope I'm wrong on that. :wink:
    If the Vikes have a shot at going to the Super Bowl, all season ticket holders are thrown into a lottery. Your number of chances are the number of years you've held tickets X the number of tickets you have. I'm not sure how many people win the drawing and get a chance to buy tickets.

There was a year that I actually won the lottery and had the opportunity to purchase Super Bowl tix. The only problem was the Vikes lost the NFC Championship game 41-0. :twisted:

Prophet Guest

"NeumDog" wrote:
    ...There was a year that I actually won the lottery and had the opportunity to purchase Super Bowl tix. The only problem was the Vikes lost the NFC Championship game 41-0. :twisted:
    Ouch! The loss was painful enough, you had to endure that additional pain. The time will come.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I don't believe us season ticket holders get a chance to buy Super Bowl tix if the Vikings make it in or even if the Super Bowl is played at the Dome again. I hope I'm wrong on that. Wink

Actually, I am pretty sure season ticket holders do get entered into a lottery for SB tickets if the Vikes make the superbowl. At least they did back in 1998, but I guess this can change with every year.

Here is how the tickets are traditionally broken down:
    AFC Champion - 17.5 percent
    NFC Champion - 17.5 percent
    Host Team - 5.0 percent
    Other 29 Teams - 34.8 percent (1.2% each)
    NFL - 25.2 percent

Normally. the AFC and NFC champion teams offer a small amount for sale, a healthy percentage to corporate sponsors and the team and staff, and the rest is offered to season ticket holders. This can vary by team though. Maybe I wil give the Vikings Ticket Office and call and see if they have procedures in writing... I will post when I find out.

As far as the waiting list, I got my tickets in a year as well. The turn around for the $30 tickets are pretty high, so it brings in a lot of new holders each year. the first few years you can move up pretty readily, but after that it becomes preety stagnant.

Don't get the limited view tickets unless you have no other choice. I know another poster said you can always move around to find a better view, but every time I have been to the dome, the seats were pretty packed. If you want to go to a game or two, get some tickets on ebay, and make sure you specifically ask the seller if they are limited view tickets or not. If they say no but turn out to be, you can file a grievence through ebay and paypal, and even get the credit card charges reversed by calling your bank and letting them know you are pursuing fraud proceedings regarding the charge.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast