Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    collegeguyjeff's Avatar
    collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: Cornerbacks and Smoot

    talk is all it is
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Cornerbacks and Smoot

    If Brian wants to move on, let him. The team has enough contoversy without adding a transition player who isn't happy and dosen't want to play for the Vikings.That being said, I'd hate to see him in green and gold !!!!!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold



    Thanks to PPE for sig

  3. #23
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Cornerbacks and Smoot

    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    talk is all it is
    Thats deep.

  4. #24
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cornerbacks and Smoot

    If B Williams goes, it will be good for the Vikes because we have the talent we need at CB, and it would have forced another team to penny up some high $$ for him.

    If he stays, it will be good for the Vikes because even if he doesn't want to be here he will put up his "A" game to ensure a good offer next year. Heck, that is what he was doing this past season. Also keep in mind that he may not be as inclined to move on next season if he stays because 1) we have an entirely new staff who haven't snubbed him like the last one did, and 2) we're winning the super bowl this year! :grin:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #25
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Cornerbacks and Smoot

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    If B Williams goes, it will be good for the Vikes because we have the talent we need at CB, and it would have forced another team to penny up some high $$ for him.

    If he stays, it will be good for the Vikes because even if he doesn't want to be here he will put up his "A" game to ensure a good offer next year. Heck, that is what he was doing this past season. Also keep in mind that he may not be as inclined to move on next season if he stays because 1) we have an entirely new staff who haven't snubbed him like the last one did, and 2) we're winning the super bowl this year! :grin:
    i disagree with that..we dont have enough quality proven guys on the depth chart at corner..it would be nice to keep b will, if we can still sign 1 or 2 more guys like McQuarters or somebody along those lines to back everyone up..too much youth at that position behind smoot and winfield
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  6. #26
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Cornerbacks and Smoot

    like olson said there is way to much youth at corner...charles woodson is a free agent this year too...so maybe giving up Brian but also getting a pick for hgim and maybe signing woodson isnt a bad idea just thought id throw that out there

  7. #27
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Cornerbacks and Smoot

    woodson would demand too high of a salary IMO
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  8. #28
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Cornerbacks and Smoot

    yeah to much of a high salary..true...i also think there are some corners available via free agency...i am hoping either draft some sure nfl players...or via free agency get some verterans who would be better corners...I didnt like Smoot...i dont and i am a big critic of smoot...he didnt show nothing to me last year...and if he continues on this journey down this path with the vikes..viking fans...media...and management will likely run smoot out of town

  9. #29
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cornerbacks and Smoot

    "olson_10" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    If B Williams goes, it will be good for the Vikes because we have the talent we need at CB, and it would have forced another team to penny up some high $$ for him.

    If he stays, it will be good for the Vikes because even if he doesn't want to be here he will put up his "A" game to ensure a good offer next year. Heck, that is what he was doing this past season. Also keep in mind that he may not be as inclined to move on next season if he stays because 1) we have an entirely new staff who haven't snubbed him like the last one did, and 2) we're winning the super bowl this year! :grin:
    i disagree with that..we dont have enough quality proven guys on the depth chart at corner..it would be nice to keep b will, if we can still sign 1 or 2 more guys like McQuarters or somebody along those lines to back everyone up..too much youth at that position behind smoot and winfield
    We have the talent, just not the depth. We would be in better shape if we could hold on to B-Will, but it won't sink us if he leaves.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #30
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Cornerbacks and Smoot

    I think it would be best for us to keep the big three corners and then develop one or two others ... I have not heard much talk about us looking for another corner though ... so on the national level there is not much saying that the Vikes need corner help, though I think maybe in the Twin Cities they may be talking about it ... I don't know.
    I do know that Winfield needs to improve on his coverage a little and Smoot needs to come back ready to prove himself. I really hope we find a way to keep B-Will because he is the most reliable back up in the league.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Need Cornerbacks In 2010
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 02:09 PM
  2. Top 5: Cornerbacks
    By PurplePride80 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 12:34 PM
  3. Samuel to set the bar for cornerbacks
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 03:49 PM
  4. Good Bye Fred Smoot NFL Network Reports smoot is done in minnesota
    By SuperVikes07 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 12:47 PM
  5. Cornerbacks?
    By radthad in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 02:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •