Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Cornerbacks and Smoot

we have good starters but our depth at CB is not that great. drafting someone in the later rounds might be enough to help us here.

are we all hating on smoot because he called out steve smith and then he got flamed for 200 yards? smith said himself that this will be a 200 yard game and that all he wants to do is go home after and kiss his wife.
    We're bringing purple back.

Del Rio Guest

Exactly tasty.

Cover two your corners will be required to cover a portion of the field and anyone who enters that area.

I think we have enough talent.

Actually sad to say the Vikings under Ted Cottrell were playing some hybrid of the cover two that left the gaps too large. I think under a new staff with proper guidence and a solid fundemental scheme you will see an entirely new group of players on the field.

Their names will be the same, but they will be better by default.

B-will is as good as gone. We could use some depth in that area. I hope B-will goes to some team that plays at the metrodump this year so I can boo is A$$
    You republican whore!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Remember, Brian Williams has been really inconsistent through his career. His only really great year was last year, which was a contract year.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Del Rio Guest

I won't delve too deep into that argument anymore.

Statistically you couldn't be further from the truth.

He's been in the league 4 years and last year his "contract" year wasn't even his most impressive.

He has been extreemly consistent over the last four years. That's a fact.

We have no idea how his departure will effect our team, IMO it will hurt us, he is replacable though just like any player. Someone will hopefully be able to step up and at least give us his 42-77 tackles, his 1-5 ints, and his 2 forced fumbles a game.

I

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

If we keep B-Will...our CB core is more then fine. Teams would give thier left testie to have the Corners we do.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Im pretty high on Edwards, partly becaue of his big play against the Pack, but i thought he played well when given a chance

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

B-Will is as good as history. I think the Vikes did the transition tag on purpose. First of all there have been alot of rumors that the Cheese will go after B-Will. If that happens it will force the Cheese to put up some good money to land him.

Second, his agent is still saying that B-Will wants to move on and doesn't want to be with the Vikes anymore. I don't know about anyone else, but if a guy doesn't want to be here, then I don't want him here. All that will do is piss people off to the point that they won't play up to their abilities..

Del Rio Guest

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    B-Will is as good as history. I think the Vikes did the transition tag on purpose. First of all there have been alot of rumors that the Cheese will go after B-Will. If that happens it will force the Cheese to put up some good money to land him.

Second, his agent is still saying that B-Will wants to move on and doesn't want to be with the Vikes anymore. I don't know about anyone else, but if a guy doesn't want to be here, then I don't want him here. All that will do is piss people off to the point that they won't play up to their abilities..
    There is no hiding the fact he doesn't want to be here. I think most would agree that we have known the guy is as good as gone.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

You said it right there. They are just making sure that the Pack has to pay top dollar to get him. But the second point doesn't jive with the first. What if the Vikes get stuck with B-Will and he doesn't want to play. He basically has to play if he wants any chance to get paid next year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast