Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Cook's legal woes muddle planning secondary moves

The Vikings have a number of issues to deal with concerning their cornerbacks, but No. 1 on the to-do list came Monday when coaches and front office personnel sat down to discuss the future of Chris Cook, their most promising and obviously troubled defensive back.

"Just seeing what direction we're going to be heading in," said Frazier, referring to Cook, who was suspended by the team last Tuesday after being charged with felony domestic assault. "A lot of it has to do with what the league says. But we have a lot to talk about."

Frazier wouldn't rule out releasing Cook when asked point-blank if that could happen.

"We got a lot of things to talk about," Frazier said. "A lot of things to talk about going forward."
    Cook's legal woes muddle planning secondary moves | StarTribune.com

I usually don't give a squat about what the players do or are like when they aren't playing on the field......That is, unless that impacts their play on the field.

I had such hopes for this kid, but right now, he is in my dog house and as most of you know, once your in that, its pretty hard to get out of it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    It's a good thing our secondary is full of studs that helps alleviate the pain of missing Cook.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    in this I would have to agree with Mar... i didn't care when McK acted like a dolt, never cared that tommyK was doing bar crawls.. or how much thc was really in PH.. but when your off the field life blocks you from performing your job.. yer done..

cook was impressing me and my dad.. had some good plays.. i hope it's something that is way over dramatized.. but if not.. well.. seeing my sis in a similar situation.. i wouldn't be sad to know he is put away.. and looses whatever bright future he possibly had. i just can't accept domestic violence.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Cook's legal woes muddle planning secondary moves | StarTribune.com

I usually don't give a squat about what the players do or are like when they aren't playing on the field......That is, unless that impacts their play on the field.

I had such hopes for this kid, but right now, he is in my dog house and as most of you know, once your in that, its pretty hard to get out of it.
    As I mentioned earlier in a different thread, I believe in due process in the legal system. However, the difference here is the Vikings are not the legal system. I am sure there are Player Union rules and such in place, but Cook's latest episode really crosses the line. Combine that with his run in earlier this summer, and it is time to at the very least put him on a very tight leash, that is combined with some sort of therapy.

However, I have no issue letting him go either. He has had his chances, and blew them.

He has demonstrated some character issues, and those need to be taken into consideration when it comes to the honor of being a Viking.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    He gets one more chance in my opinion. I don't support what he did but he is young and can straighten himself out.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Didn't Allen have 2 DUI's prior to signing with us?

One more shot...

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Didn't Allen have 2 DUI's prior to signing with us?

One more shot...
    I think DUIs are on an entirely different level than choking out your girlfriend...twice Had Allen physically harmed somebody with one of his DUIs I think it would be more comparable.

If the story is true, and Cook strangled her because she talked to an ex boyfriend then he sounds like a real loose canon with more problems to come down the line.

Rambro987 is offline Training Camp
    I in no way condone what Cook did, but this is actually his first time having to pay for his actions, and I believe if he does community service & therapy he should be forgivin as well as whatever suspension served and of course for how serious this offense is, it should be his last strike. This guy seems like he could be great and the last thing I want to see is him do well on some other team.
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    It's a good thing our secondary is full of studs that helps alleviate the pain of missing Cook.
    Yep. We can just plug in another guy and keep chugging along with no dropoff in performance. Now, if it were a DT we would be screwed because they are already the worst positions on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Yep. We can just plug in another guy and keep chugging along with no dropoff in performance. Now, if it were a DT we would be screwed because they are already the worst positions on the team.
    Sarcasm...I recognize that.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast