Kelly Cambell WR
    Brian Williams CB
    Brian Russell FS
    Jermaine Wiggins TE
    Gus Frerotte QB
    Chris Claiborne LB
    David Dixon OL
    Chris Hovan DT

Since we are 13 weeks into the season, here's a list of guys in their last year of their contracts. Of these guys who would you like to see back or see dissapear.

I think we should make an effort to get Claiborne back, he's been healthy and has looked good the past two weeks, as young as we are at the LB position we need some veterans. Also Brian Williams, hes been OK but not as good as i expected i think maybe we can let Russell go and convert BW to the FS position where him and Chavous can team up together. Definitly Wiggy too. I've heard that Dixon is thinking of coming back for another season, he's also solid.

Any other thoughts?

Contract Year

I would keep these guys:
    Kelly Cambell WR
    Brian Williams CB
    Jermaine Wiggins TE
    Gus Frerotte QB
    Chris Claiborne LB
    David Dixon OL

cheesefree is offline Starter

Contract Year

Frerotte wants to start, not end his career as a backup. I doubt he'll be back, there's plenty of teams like the Ravens that need a decent QB.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Contract Year

"cheesefree" wrote:
    Frerotte wants to start, not end his career as a backup. I doubt he'll be back, there's plenty of teams like the Ravens that need a decent QB.
    where did you hear that, teams weren't clamoring for him as a starter last year. Now he's is 2 years older, hmm.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Contract Year

Tough call there. A lot of guys on that list are guys at positions we need to improve in (The DB's especially). Others are aging, and may not be the best candidates for their respective positions next season.

The only 3 I would for sure lock up now are Campbell, Wiggins, and Ferotte, with a nod to Russell if he can find his game again.

Caine

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Contract Year

Keep

Brian Williams CB
    Brian Russell FS
    Jermaine Wiggins TE
    Gus Frerotte QB
    David Dixon OL

If we give up any of these guys, we better have a serious plan to find a replacement for them.

FS and CB, what are we goig to do bring in rookies or free agents. I don't want to rely on rookies and we obviously don't have anyone in the wings waiting to take over or they would be playing now.

OL, we would probably be alright but I would rather have Dixon playing.

QB, we need to find another back up then. I totally understand if Gus wants to play. More power to him.

TE, I don't think we would have to keep Wiggy, I just like the guy. He can catch. I like his display of tough guy and finess, especially with his frame. He doesn't look like he has any finess in that frame but he does.

LB, it seems like a toss up. I would like to keep him but I am not sure if the Vikes will. I think they will have tough decision to make. We haven't seen a lot of him this year. We have the young guys, I think they will do better next year. They have been improving.

WR are expendable on our team. If you like Moss and Burley, that is all we need. I guess if we want to keep campbell for KR and PR but I wouldn't pay him anymore than what we are paying him now. I know Tice mentioned he would like to have more 2 TE sets when we get Kleiny back = less need for that 3rd WR.

Del Rio Guest

Contract Year

Dixon and Wiggins the rest can go bye bye.

Oh and Tice's contract is up too isn't it?

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Contract Year

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Kelly Cambell WR
    Brian Williams CB
    Brian Russell FS
    Jermaine Wiggins TE
    Gus Frerotte QB
    Chris Claiborne LB
    David Dixon OL
    Chris Hovan DT

Since we are 13 weeks into the season, here's a list of guys in their last year of their contracts. Of these guys who would you like to see back or see dissapear.

I think we should make an effort to get Claiborne back, he's been healthy and has looked good the past two weeks, as young as we are at the LB position we need some veterans. Also Brian Williams, hes been OK but not as good as i expected i think maybe we can let Russell go and convert BW to the FS position where him and Chavous can team up together. Definitly Wiggy too. I've heard that Dixon is thinking of coming back for another season, he's also solid.

Any other thoughts?
    Not sure about moving Williams back to FS as I think he can offer a lot at CB, then again Irvin should be back so there could be some merit in moving Williams.
    Wiggins I'd like to keep and see if we could get some good 2 TE sets using him and Jimmy K. Ferotte we keep unless he gets offers to start elsewhere but he's a reliable backup, which is something you need in the NFL these days.
    Claiborne I'd keep as he brings experience to the LB corps which we will still need next year regardless of whether we pick up any decent LBs via FA.
    Dixon has had one of his best years for awhile and I'm sure we could keep him for at least another season so that we can decide who to replace him with.
    Hovan, regardless of whether you like him or feel he's overrated he'll be gone after this year. The fact that he's been in street clothes for the last two game and the DL has not missed him speaks volumes. The only way that he'd be back would be through a change of HC and a willingness to sign a contract based on incentives, otherwise he'll be history.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Contract Year

Maybe, we can get Chad Hutchinson if Frerote decides to leave. :roll:

Remember that Jeff George is out there also.

Vinny T will probably be available?

Kurt Warner

No but seriously, we didn't even need a backup this year (knock on wood). There will be some descent QBs out there next year.

I still would like to keep Gus if he doesn't decide to try out somewhere else.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Contract Year

Cory Chavous is a big ? mark!

He is not the same player that he was last year and he is not helping this team much!

Do we drop him and go after a free agent safety?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast