Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Contract language an issue - Pat Williams contract to need to be reworked

[size=13pt]Contract language an issue[/size]

September 13th, 2007 – 8:39 AM
    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

It sounds as if some of the language in the three-year contract extension nose tackle Pat Williams signed last week is going to need to be reworked....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Contract language an issue - Pat Williams contract to need to be reworked

How does Big Pat W feel about it? Did his agent explain it clearly? Pat got a nice signing bonus, but maybe the front office can remedy this if it's a problem.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I am sure his agent, along with Phat Pat are more than aware of what the contracts says.

Additionally, we need to make sure we never loose our CAP guru.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Big C is offline Coordinator

Big Pat is playing excellent football and is acting as catalyst to our rising star Kevin Williams. Give the man what he wants without breaking the bank .
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I don't get it. If the player is happy, then the player's association shouldn't care.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Brzezinski has become famous in cap management issues and the player's association looks over the contracts with a fine-toothed comb.
    They see the Vikings on the rise and see a lot of cap money left.
    They are trying to figure out an angle, don't like to constantly be outsmarted.
    I think Rob Brzexinski is writing up contracts that are mutually beneficial to the player and the Vikings organization....the player union is trying to call foul to no avail.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I don't know what the joke clauses were that he was likely to receive, but heck, maybe they just put him in on a special teams play or two ever few weeks and they can say hey.. we tried!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    I don't know what the joke clauses were that he was likely to receive, but heck, maybe they just put him in on a special teams play or two ever few weeks and they can say hey.. we tried!
    I think they were bonuses for a set amount of rushing and passing yards lol.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"Big" wrote:
    Big Pat is playing excellent football and is acting as catalyst to our rising star Kevin Williams. Give the man what he wants without breaking the bank .
    I think kevin is way past rising star.He was a rising star his first season when he had 11.5 sacks.Now he is a perenial All-Pro On the verge of genuine superstardom

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Simple.Instead of having the likely to be earned incentive as receptions or rushes like it is not.Simple switch it to lets say 10 sacks and 150 tackles.Pat williams is a great player but he doesnt get sacks and he doesnt really have a chance at 150 tackles.Even better make it 5 interception.Since d linemen rarely get Int (unless your name is kevin williams)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast