Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Consistency earns Longwell passing grade

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    I can't believe there is a thread 10 pages devoted to the kicker/kicking game.... we must have nothing else to talk about!
    I would say that besides our QB woes, ST's seems to be the only other weak spot on this team.
    i would beg to differ... we need another receiver... and special teams will get alot better when Heath Farewell comes back...

i would say...

QB, RT, and WR are our biggest needs besides depth... we could also use another versitile linebacker.. Leber is solid but lacks atheleticism and Leber although is getting better, is still a little suspect in coverage.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Pat Kiran selects Ryan Longwell for the Pro Bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?campaign=ec0005&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true&id=09000d5d80d5a10d
    I bet Kirwan wouldn't.

;D :P ;D
    That is your hero too on NFL radio isn't it.

Actually didn't care for the guy until I started to listen to the Sirius channel.
    He adds some nice FO insight into what is going on in the league.

But to call him my hero?
    Hardly.
    Other than my Dad, can't think of many hero's in my life.
    So then he should have some good insight on the ability of a kicker in the NFL.

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    I can't believe there is a thread 10 pages devoted to the kicker/kicking game.... we must have nothing else to talk about!
    This has been one of the main reason we have been so close in games. Field position is very important. Damn near up there with our QB situation.

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    I would say that besides our QB woes, ST's seems to be the only other weak spot on this team.
    i would beg to differ... we need another receiver... and special teams will get alot better when Heath Farewell comes back...

i would say...

QB, RT, and WR are our biggest needs besides depth... we could also use another versitile linebacker.. Leber is solid but lacks atheleticism and Leber although is getting better, is still a little suspect in coverage.
    I disagree. Our special teams was not that great with him last year.

QB, RT, CB, WR

"marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

i would say...

QB, RT, CB, WR

Our special teams coverage last year with him was probably one of the better groups in the NFL.... he vastly improves our special teams coverage... i'm not speaking on how good our return teams are as i can honestly say we need an upgrade there even if we have to draft a guy specifically for returning kicks and punts....

QB, RT, WR, DT/LB, LB/DT, KR/PR....

I actually, based on the last few weeks think we're set at QB... unless we drafted a CB that was either an ELITE talent when noone else was left on the board but a good CB or we get one that can also return kicks... other than that, between winfield, griff (wasn't a fan but is playing relatively well lately), McCauley, Gordon and Benny "3rd down penalty" Sapp... that is one of the last areas we need to upgrade!!!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

i would say...

QB, RT, CB, WR

Our special teams coverage last year with him was probably one of the better groups in the NFL.... he vastly improves our special teams coverage... i'm not speaking on how good our return teams are as i can honestly say we need an upgrade there even if we have to draft a guy specifically for returning kicks and punts....

I actually, based on the last few weeks think we're set at QB... unless we drafted a CB that was either an ELITE talent when noone else was left on the board but a good CB or we get one that can also return kicks... other than that, between winfield, griff (wasn't a fan but is playing relatively well lately), McCauley, Gordon and Benny "3rd down penalty" Sapp... that is one of the last areas we need to upgrade!!!
    What is your proof that our special teams was better last year?

I am not talking about drafting a CB. I want a FA. CB is not even close to one of the last areas we need to upgrade. Take a look at our pass D. We are no where near the top of the league. There is room for improvement.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=bleedpurple link=topic=49240.msg881467#msg881467 date=1229631536]

i would say...

QB, RT, CB, WR

I am not talking about drafting a CB. I want a FA. CB is not even close to one of the last areas we need to upgrade. Take a look at our pass D. We are no where near the top of the league. There is room for improvement.
    [/quote]

don't let the griffin CSA's hear you, they won't like that thought.

Lito Sheppard anyone?

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49240.msg881469#msg881469 date=1229631815]

i would say...

QB, RT, CB, WR

[/quote]

Lito Sheppard anyone?
    [/quote]

I like Griffin a lot but think he would do better as a nickel.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49240.msg881469#msg881469 date=1229631815]

i would say...

QB, RT, CB, WR

[/quote]

Lito Sheppard anyone?
    [/quote]

Lito isn't even the nickel for Philly right now... he's def. gone after this year.. plus he's more injury prone more than Madieu williams...

and if you look at our pass d, i'm not a big fan of Griff.. .but the last few weeks he's been playing better... our defense as a whole has and i think that's more attributed to Maddy Will being back there than anything..

I say corner is one of the last things we need bc if you look at our team, and watch the games, the pass d has benefited from a pass rush over the last few weeks... and don't forget noone runs on us so the pass d looks worse than it is..

our pass offense is by far worse than the pass defense is... we need a receiver more so than a corner!

also we play cover 2 so if a team wants to dink and dunk on us all the way down the field then they will.... which also attributes to the crappy stats...

I'm not saying we couldn't use an upgrade.. but overall its vastly improved and not as bad as the stats may indicate!!.. i think we have more pressing needs than corner!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I'm going to agree with Marr. I would love an FA and draft period that featured getting guys who could focus on ST before replacing old vets like Sharper, Winny, PWill, Birk, etc.

Oh, and a QB to compete with TJ. Duh.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast