bono is offline Hall of Famer

Congrats, Vikings!

Congrats on the win on yesterday. Geesh! That end (the vikings' fumble that was recovered) almost looked like another "here we go again" for the vikes. Being the Packer Backer that I am, I was hoping the Lions would tie it up, go into OT and pull it off. For some reason or another, time and chance happened, and the snap (during the extra kick to tie things up) "had its way"...running out of the hands of the snapper, allowing the Vikes some life. As far as my Packers go, I really was hoping they'd win that game against the Jags (as I and other Packer Backers always do). They came close in the end, but, as was with the Vikings' game, time and chance happened. [i'm sure you Vikings' fans are leaping for joy over that one, eh?] Even though the Pack didn't do much offensively in the first half, I still thought they were in good position to win, being as though the Jags' QB Leftwich was getting the CRAP "kicked" and "knocked" out of him (literally), and they weren't getting much done offensively either. Then, there came the second half...Packers driving hard...TD just waiting in the wings, and what do ya know: a pick here, a fumble there, a pick over there, a fumble down there and another pick over yonder. Yikes! Now, usually, I'd melt down after a Packer loss; geared to jump off the Hoan Bridge. But, I found out that the Packeres had clinched a playoff birth! Freakin' cool, kiddos! That sparked my wires...softened the loss alittle. My boys still could've won that game, even w/ all those turnovers: a recovery from the onside kick...two shots at the endzone...if no TD, a field goal to tie it up...overtime. But, that wasn't the way nature intended it to be. No. Think about it: had the Packers won yesterday (with a playoff birth already in the bag), all they would need is A WIN from either the Vikes or Bears. Wouldn't matter which one, and they'd win the division...making the game on Christmas Eve not SO SPECIAL after. But, since they didn't win yesterday, and both teams have the same record (packers up half a game on vikes), this Christmas Eve game will have much hype surrounding it...much will be on the line...for both teams. Heck yeah, that game is definately goingto be one for the ages (two of the most entertaining teams fighting for the division)!!!
    One last thing: I'd like to bring attention to the Robert Ferguson body slam during yesterday's game. Any of you see that? What was Donovin Darius thinking when he "yanked" Ferggie "by the horns"? Ferguson could have been seriously injured...killed (as was what one of the guys at my job: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Sports Department, said). As of this morning, Ferguson is in Bellin Hospital in Green Bay, undergoing "observation and further evaluation." [heal up, Ferg].
    To all Packer Backers and Viking Lovers: have a Blessed Christmas!
    GO PACK GO!
    :santa:
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Congrats, Vikings!

Welcome abord bono! Good analysis of the games yesterday! The vikes definitely had someone looking down upon them yesterday, not only getting help from the jags, but also atl on Saturday and the arizona cardinals of all people! Here's to a great game on Friday afternoon!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Re: Congrats, Vikings!

"bono" wrote:
    Congrats on the win on yesterday. Geesh! That end (the vikings' fumble that was recovered) almost looked like another "here we go again" for the vikes. Being the Packer Backer that I am, I was hoping the Lions would tie it up, go into OT and pull it off. For some reason or another, time and chance happened, and the snap (during the extra kick to tie things up) "had its way"...running out of the hands of the snapper, allowing the Vikes some life. As far as my Packers go, I really was hoping they'd win that game against the Jags (as I and other Packer Backers always do). They came close in the end, but, as was with the Vikings' game, time and chance happened. [i'm sure you Vikings' fans are leaping for joy over that one, eh?] Even though the Pack didn't do much offensively in the first half, I still thought they were in good position to win, being as though the Jags' QB Leftwich was getting the CRAP "kicked" and "knocked" out of him (literally), and they weren't getting much done offensively either. Then, there came the second half...Packers driving hard...TD just waiting in the wings, and what do ya know: a pick here, a fumble there, a pick over there, a fumble down there and another pick over yonder. Yikes! Now, usually, I'd melt down after a Packer loss; geared to jump off the Hoan Bridge. But, I found out that the Packeres had clinched a playoff birth! Freakin' cool, kiddos! That sparked my wires...softened the loss alittle. My boys still could've won that game, even w/ all those turnovers: a recovery from the onside kick...two shots at the endzone...if no TD, a field goal to tie it up...overtime. But, that wasn't the way nature intended it to be. No. Think about it: had the Packers won yesterday (with a playoff birth already in the bag), all they would need is A WIN from either the Vikes or Bears. Wouldn't matter which one, and they'd win the division...making the game on Christmas Eve not SO SPECIAL after. But, since they didn't win yesterday, and both teams have the same record (packers up half a game on vikes), this Christmas Eve game will have much hype surrounding it...much will be on the line...for both teams. Heck yeah, that game is definately goingto be one for the ages (two of the most entertaining teams fighting for the division)!!!
    One last thing: I'd like to bring attention to the Robert Ferguson body slam during yesterday's game. Any of you see that? What was Donovin Darius thinking when he "yanked" Ferggie "by the horns"? Ferguson could have been seriously injured...killed (as was what one of the guys at my job: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Sports Department, said). As of this morning, Ferguson is in Bellin Hospital in Green Bay, undergoing "observation and further evaluation." [heal up, Ferg].
    To all Packer Backers and Viking Lovers: have a Blessed Christmas!
    GO PACK GO!
    :santa:
    Awesome analysis man! I wouldn't be suprised to see us lose with the way our pathetic defense is been playing but usually Favre and the Packers struggle in the dome so this game could go either way so it should be a awesome game!!! Merry Christmas to you too! :santa:
    0fc1de3e4ff7ffe42e40bba70cebd90c