Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 66
  1. #21
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is online now PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,260

    Re: Congrats Vikes, we are the best team in the league.

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I know we stand behind the Colts and Saints in most power rankings but hands down we are the best team in the league. We can run the ball better than the either team and our passing game is equal to if not better than both teams. Defensively we are better against the run and our secondary are equally as average. Simply put, I can't wait till playoff time but I hope we don't play the Packers or the Eagles.

    Ihave a fear that the Packers will get their ultimate revenge by beating us in the playoffs. How satisfing would it be for them to knock us out, ending Brett's Superbowl run.
    :-[

    I fear the Eagles because Chilly has never beaten his old friend Reid.

    Congrats Vikes, can't wait to hear " with the 32nd pick in the 2010 Nfl draft, the Vikings select.....
    Hey Kevon!

    Whatever happened to all that matters is wins & losses?

    Colts: 10-0
    Saints: 10-0
    Vikings: 9-1

    Not to mention the combined winning/losing records of our opponents

    Colts: 47-53
    Saints: 37-63
    Vikings: 36-64

    Other than the Packers, who are only 1 game over .500, we have yet to beat a team boasting a better than .500 record.

    Let's be honest here. You don't face sub .500 teams in the playoffs.
    The Packers are 2 games over .500
    Umm, NO!

    The Packers are 6-4

    a .500 record would be 5-5

    6-5=1 where I went to school. Not 2. Ergo the Packers are 1 game over .500

    Take away 1 of their wins & what is their record? It's simple math.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #22
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is online now PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,260

    Re: Congrats Vikes, we are the best team in the league.

    "C" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:


    The Packers are 2 games over .500
    Don't forget the Steelers, above .500 Two fluke plays and we're 10-0
    Two more fluke plays (49ers and Ravens) and we're 7-3...
    +1

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #23
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Congrats Vikes, we are the best team in the league.

    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I know we stand behind the Colts and Saints in most power rankings but hands down we are the best team in the league. We can run the ball better than the either team and our passing game is equal to if not better than both teams. Defensively we are better against the run and our secondary are equally as average. Simply put, I can't wait till playoff time but I hope we don't play the Packers or the Eagles.

    Ihave a fear that the Packers will get their ultimate revenge by beating us in the playoffs. How satisfing would it be for them to knock us out, ending Brett's Superbowl run.
    :-[

    I fear the Eagles because Chilly has never beaten his old friend Reid.

    Congrats Vikes, can't wait to hear " with the 32nd pick in the 2010 Nfl draft, the Vikings select.....
    Hey Kevon!

    Whatever happened to all that matters is wins & losses?

    Colts: 10-0
    Saints: 10-0
    Vikings: 9-1

    Not to mention the combined winning/losing records of our opponents

    Colts: 47-53
    Saints: 37-63
    Vikings: 36-64

    Other than the Packers, who are only 1 game over .500, we have yet to beat a team boasting a better than .500 record.

    Let's be honest here. You don't face sub .500 teams in the playoffs.
    The Packers are 2 games over .500
    Umm, NO!

    The Packers are 6-4

    a .500 record would be 5-5

    6-5=1 where I went to school. Not 2. Ergo the Packers are 1 game over .500

    Take away 1 of their wins & what is their record? It's simple math.
    It will take them 2 games to be .500 (6-4 to 6-6).
    That's what "2 games over .500" means.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #24
    molineviking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    506

    Re: Congrats Vikes, we are the best team in the league.

    "singersp" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:


    The Packers are 2 games over .500
    Don't forget the Steelers, above .500 Two fluke plays and we're 10-0
    Two more fluke plays (49ers and Ravens) and we're 7-3...
    +1

    3 fluke plays and the Colts are 7-3,
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

  5. #25
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,906

    Re: Congrats Vikes, we are the best team in the league.

    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I know we stand behind the Colts and Saints in most power rankings but hands down we are the best team in the league. We can run the ball better than the either team and our passing game is equal to if not better than both teams. Defensively we are better against the run and our secondary are equally as average. Simply put, I can't wait till playoff time but I hope we don't play the Packers or the Eagles.

    Ihave a fear that the Packers will get their ultimate revenge by beating us in the playoffs. How satisfing would it be for them to knock us out, ending Brett's Superbowl run.
    :-[

    I fear the Eagles because Chilly has never beaten his old friend Reid.

    Congrats Vikes, can't wait to hear " with the 32nd pick in the 2010 Nfl draft, the Vikings select.....
    Hey Kevon!

    Whatever happened to all that matters is wins & losses?

    Colts: 10-0
    Saints: 10-0
    Vikings: 9-1

    Not to mention the combined winning/losing records of our opponents

    Colts: 47-53
    Saints: 37-63
    Vikings: 36-64

    Other than the Packers, who are only 1 game over .500, we have yet to beat a team boasting a better than .500 record.

    Let's be honest here. You don't face sub .500 teams in the playoffs.
    Name a team that's better.
    Lets point out something. Of the Big three (Colts, Vikes, Saints) Which team has a player in the top three players at their position? Answer: Vikes - Favre in QB rating & Tds, AD in yards, Rice in yards(he's actually 4th). Talk about balance. Do we have a better defense than the Colts and Saints? You're damn right we do.
    Our Special teams are better and lastly, our defense hasn't suffered devestating injuries to key players( Sharper, Sanders, Porter etc. The saints are starting 2 Cbs that were at home last week. How are they better? We are the best team right now. Period.

  6. #26
    molineviking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    506

    Re: Congrats Vikes, we are the best team in the league.







    We're having a once a decade year, (Way longer for some) yet we're bickering about hypotheticals, Can we Viking fans ever be happy??
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

  7. #27
    XTAP59's Avatar
    XTAP59 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    777

    Re: Congrats Vikes, we are the best team in the league.

    "molineviking" wrote:







    We're having a once a decade year, (Way longer for some) yet we're bickering about hypotheticals, Can we Viking fans ever be happy??
    I'm very happy. The Vikings are 9-1, we already got our loss out of the way, (The Saints will falter under the undefeated scenario sooner or later) we are first in the division with a sweep of the packers and the Lions, we are on target for a home field playoff game, Brett Favre is playing the best he ever did, Peterson has a 1000 yards already, Rice has blossomed, Harvin is ROY, Shiancoe is getting better every week, and the team is healthy sans Antoine Winfield, who will be back in a week or so.

    Life is good.
    And so are the Vikings.

    LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

  8. #28
    Suick's Avatar
    Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    415

    Re: Congrats Vikes, we are the best team in the league.

    Honestly, after watching them for ~40 years, and suffering thru 4 SB losses, I'm more than apprehesive about going back to the big stage, only to get my guts ripped out.
    :'(

    My office mate, a Bills fan, has the same senitment.

    But... its better to have loved and lost...yada yada, yada.....................
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

  9. #29
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Congrats Vikes, we are the best team in the league.

    "XTAP59" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:







    We're having a once a decade year, (Way longer for some) yet we're bickering about hypotheticals, Can we Viking fans ever be happy??
    I'm very happy. The Vikings are 9-1, we already got our loss out of the way, (The Saints will falter under the undefeated scenario sooner or later) we are first in the division with a sweep of the packers and the Lions, we are on target for a home field playoff game, Brett Favre is playing the best he ever did, Peterson has a 1000 yards already, Rice has blossomed, Harvin is ROY, Shiancoe is getting better every week, and the team is healthy sans Antoine Winfield, who will be back in a week or so.

    Life is good.
    And so are the Vikings.
    Peterson is still stuck at 999rushing yards.
    :'(

  10. #30
    XTAP59's Avatar
    XTAP59 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    777

    Re: Congrats Vikes, we are the best team in the league.

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "XTAP59" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:







    We're having a once a decade year, (Way longer for some) yet we're bickering about hypotheticals, Can we Viking fans ever be happy??
    I'm very happy. The Vikings are 9-1, we already got our loss out of the way, (The Saints will falter under the undefeated scenario sooner or later) we are first in the division with a sweep of the packers and the Lions, we are on target for a home field playoff game, Brett Favre is playing the best he ever did, Peterson has a 1000 yards already, Rice has blossomed, Harvin is ROY, Shiancoe is getting better every week, and the team is healthy sans Antoine Winfield, who will be back in a week or so.

    Life is good.
    And so are the Vikings.
    Peterson is still stuck at 999rushing yards.
    :'(
    And if you turn that 999 upside down you got the mark of the antichrist.....

    Just saying....

    ;D

    LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 10-team all PP.O league on Yahoo!
    By midgensa in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 06:31 PM
  2. ESPN 12 team "pay league"
    By 2beersTommy in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 10:10 PM
  3. 16 team IDP/PPR annual auction league, 2 franchise
    By adamwest237 in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 02:30 AM
  4. My fantasy League Team... Any insight or opinions?
    By KevinK in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 01:05 PM
  5. Worst team in league next year?
    By DarrinNelsonguy in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 12:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •