Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Congrats Vikes, we are the best team in the league.

I know we stand behind the Colts and Saints in most power rankings but hands down we are the best team in the league. We can run the ball better than the either team and our passing game is equal to if not better than both teams. Defensively we are better against the run and our secondary are equally as average. Simply put, I can't wait till playoff time but I hope we don't play the Packers or the Eagles.

Ihave a fear that the Packers will get their ultimate revenge by beating us in the playoffs. How satisfing would it be for them to knock us out, ending Brett's Superbowl run.
    :-[

I fear the Eagles because Chilly has never beaten his old friend Reid.

Congrats Vikes, can't wait to hear " with the 32nd pick in the 2010 Nfl draft, the Vikings select.....

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Congrats Vikes, we are the best team in the league.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I know we stand behind the Colts and Saints in most power rankings but hands down we are the best team in the league. We can run the ball better than the either team and our passing game is equal to if not better than both teams. Defensively we are better against the run and our secondary are equally as average. Simply put, I can't wait till playoff time but I hope we don't play the Packers or the Eagles.

Ihave a fear that the Packers will get their ultimate revenge by beating us in the playoffs. How satisfing would it be for them to knock us out, ending Brett's Superbowl run.

Congrats Vikes, can't wait to hear " with the 32nd pick in the 2010 Nfl draft, the Vikings select.....
    I kinda agree with you on playing the Pukers in the playoffs..
    but the Eagles I actually hope we play them.
    I know the Vikings haven't beaten them in quite some time (I think McNabb is undefeated against us, actually).
    I think there is no way we can lose to them this year.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

duvaldomo is offline Coach

Agreed. I do not want to play the packers in the playoffs either but the eagles I think we can handle. Since Jim Johnson (RIP) Died the defense have not been as dominate and I think we can put them away.

echizen20 is offline Rookie

"kevoncox" wrote:

The only team in the NFC i would be worried about in the playoffs are the Saints if they have the homefield advantage.
    The Packers have one of the worst if not the worst Oline in the league while we have one of the best Dlines.
    They have also lost Kampman and Al harris for the season too so I just don't see them being any threat to us.
    I would rather it be the Packers to come play us in the Metrodome rather than the Cowboys or Eagles or Falcons simply because we have beaten the Packers down twice before and know them very well.
    You can't deny Favre would have another great day against the Pack can you?

purplejokr is offline Rookie

Beating the Packers three times this year would be too much for Favre's old heart to take!
    ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Take the purple glasses off Kevon.
    We are not the best team in the league.

Are we close?
    Yes, but we need to really play a team with a winning record and beat them to be considered one of the best. :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

I don't know, I'm going to take the middle ground between a couple folks here.
    I don't think the Vikings are the top dog in the NFL by any means but I think they are one of the top three.
    On the other hand I never buy into this #1 team in the NFL idea.
    The Saints and Vikings play 10 games in a row and I honestly don't know who will win more games.
    I think calling a team #1 in the NFL is much different than calling someone #1 in another sport.
    Back when Ali was the heavy weight champion of the world in his prime he was a #1.
    The Yankees in some of their dominate years were clearing #1.
    I just think with how close the Colts/Vikings/Saints are without having played each other we can't go around making claims either way.

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

Why aren't we? Both undefeated team have barely squeaked by recently, And the number of mediocre teams is so high that nobody has played a schedule full of winning teams, The Saints have played the exact same opponents as far as records 37-63 for them, 36-64 for us, Colts is 47-53, But it's no secret their running game is bad, And should/could of lost any of the last three games-No they haven't but they don't look unbeatable, Maybe we're barely number 2A, but to keep saying "Theres no way we're the best" is silly, We're 2nd in pts scored, We have a top QB, receiver, RB, Return game, Defense, So if had one more win we could say we're number 1?? By the way, Our one loss-In my opinion was to two fluke plays, I'd say we dominated the defending Super Bowl champs pretty convincingly that game.

Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Are we close?
    Yes, but we need to really play a team with a winning record and beat them to be considered one of the best. :
    Who is better?
    Pats: Their passing game is tops in the league but their defense isn't very good. They just lost to the Colts
    Colts: Missing more and more stars on defense. We have an identical passing game and we are better than running the ball. Our defense is also better.
    Aints: Their early success is blinding most to how the team is playing now. They are winning but they are not playing better than we are.
    Steelers just lost to the Cheifs, Bengals just lost to Oakland, Gmen just won their first game in 2 months.
    I would put our Qb play up against anyones.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Are we close?
    What are you talking about? The Packers are 6-4 and we played them twice. The Saints have also played only two 6-4 teams. The Colts have also only played two 6-4 teams but they played a 7-3 Pats team. Still only one more team. I am sick of all the we have not played anyone talk. No win is guaranteed. It is not crazy to say we are the best team in the league. Period.
    :

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast