Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

CONGRATS DAUNTE!!!

snow- Cully MIGHT do well.. and with his talent he prob will at some point... but up till now he hasnt won anything... big numbers are fine... but they dont mean anything sitting home... he has a chance in the playoffs.. who knows what will happen...
    3 Straight Division Champs

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

CONGRATS DAUNTE!!!

No, his team wins, not McCrab. Put him on a team with this year's Viking defense and he'll suck like hell.

And no one cares about Favre's records. This thread IS NOT about him.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

CONGRATS DAUNTE!!!

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    yes, McNabb is better... he wins... PERIOD...

and snow in april... Favre was 9-7 his first year... his worst year was 1999 at 8-8... EVERY other season he has had a winning record, making the playoffs in 10 of 13 years...

Id say he won right away, wouldn't you??
    Favre also had the luxury of riding the pine and learning without the pressure in ATL and in GB before going 9-7. I am just saying that you haven't given DC enough time. DC is still growing on the Football Field and as a Man. You have to remember he is still young for a QB.

Two questions for you Pack:

1. Is DC's career over?
    2. Do you have a crystal ball?

I think we know where you are coming from and I think that I speak for most* of the PP'ers, we are tired of it. I am having a bad day and I am taking it out on you. I respect others opinions, I am just saying I am tired of hearing it. This was suppose to be a positive thread for a seasons worth of achievements for an awesome Vikings QB and look at what it has been deduced to.

*MOST = Vikings Fans!

CONGRATS DAUNTE!!!

I hate to side with the packers...but i honestly agree with packman and it is something that bothers me. Culpepper has much better individual stats than Favre, for example, but he doesnt win as much. Both of our defenses suck, and we both have high powered offenses....we should be making more of what we have.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

CONGRATS DAUNTE!!!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "packmanxxxi" wrote:
    yes, McNabb is better... he wins... PERIOD...

and snow in april... Favre was 9-7 his first year... his worst year was 1999 at 8-8... EVERY other season he has had a winning record, making the playoffs in 10 of 13 years...

Id say he won right away, wouldn't you??
    Favre also had the luxury of riding the pine and learning without the pressure in ATL and in GB before going 9-7. I am just saying that you haven't given DC enough time. DC is still growing on the Football Field and as a Man. You have to remember he is still young for a QB.

Two questions for you Pack:

1. Is DC's career over?
    2. Do you have a crystal ball?

I think we know where you are coming from and I think that I speak for most* of the PP'ers, we are tired of it. I am having a bad day and I am taking it out on you. I respect others opinions, I am just saying I am tired of hearing it. This was suppose to be a positive thread for a seasons worth of achievements for an awesome Vikings QB and look at what it has been deduced to.

*MOST = Vikings Fans!
    You just proved you knew nothign about Favre... Favre sat in Atl... threw 3 passes I think... then played the next year after MajikMan got hurt... riding the pine huh? sounds like thrown into the fire to me...

Also, I dont care how many games DC has. He is great. His passion is there... all Im saying is name one.. just one.. BIG game hes won... serious...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

CONGRATS DAUNTE!!!

He hasn't even had a chance to win one big game. You can go back and do the research if you want but I think that we have been come back on more than we have had an opportunity to come back on others. Sounds like a defensive problem. DC has been thwarted on many ocassions by driving for a TD and then our D has let the other team march to win the game.

There haven't been any big games in the new era of DC.

By the way in ATL, he threw 5 passes and didn't complete a sigle pass.

That being said, this is only DC 5th year of starting.
    It was either Favres 5th or 6th year of starting that he made it to the SB and "won." The GB team as a whole was much further along as a team. Which helps the QB.

I respect Favre, but I don't think it is right not giving DC more time.

I don't think that Jim Kelly was a loser. I don't think that McNabb is a loser. Kelly lost 4 big big big games. McNabb lost 3 big big games. They have atleast had the opportunity. Their teams got them there. Any QB can step up and win a game but their teams put them in positions to win (or lose).

DC 6th year.
    BF 14th year.

By the way, we are still sick of you.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

CONGRATS DAUNTE!!!

CONGRATS DAUNTE!!!!

I'm sorry, did I miss something here?

BTW, congrats snow on HOF status...gotta start thinking up some more titles soon....hmmmm!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

CONGRATS DAUNTE!!!

GOD!!!!!!!! WTF??? Daunte goes out there every week and plays his ass off... its not his fault that we don't have a defense to back him up like McNabb........... so yeah... McNabb has won more games then we have thats not Daunte's fault. He does ALL that he can and all that I expect from him. He can't control dropped passes that SHOULD be catches. He can't control that our D can't stop Ramsey or Harrington or any other shitty QB out there. Packman... I realize you're a Pack fan... but jesus... think before you speak. To say that Daunte isn't a winning qb is just utter BS. He's a winner and will win us the big game. Favre has won ONE... count them ONE superbowls... granted its more then we've ever won, but you wanna talk about winners... it sure the hell isn't him so get off of Daunte!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

CONGRATS DAUNTE!!!

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    GOD!!!!!!!! WTF??? Daunte goes out there every week and plays his ass off... its not his fault that we don't have a defense to back him up like McNabb........... so yeah... McNabb has won more games then we have thats not Daunte's fault. He does ALL that he can and all that I expect from him. He can't control dropped passes that SHOULD be catches. He can't control that our D can't stop Ramsey or Harrington or any other shitty QB out there. Packman... I realize you're a Pack fan... but jesus... think before you speak. To say that Daunte isn't a winning qb is just utter BS. He's a winner and will win us the big game. Favre has won ONE... count them ONE superbowls... granted its more then we've ever won, but you wanna talk about winners... it sure the hell isn't him so get off of Daunte!!
    You really need to quit repressing your emotions and let it all out, TNT. How do you really feel about this?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

CONGRATS DAUNTE!!!

36-37 in 5 yrs... 1-1 in playoffs in 5 years... enough said...

Great QBs make the playoffs year after year regardless...

Daunte doesn't

Just the facts...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast