Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Congrats

Hey all, I figured I should show my face and give you props on a good game. Congrats on the win...VERY close and boy, could our fortunes be reversed on a close field goal, eh?

I must raise a slight counter to Webby's banner, in that Favre was not owned today. Mike Sherman was owned in a big way. It is a sad day that I must come onto this forum and admit that Mike Tice not only outcoached a homo sapiens, but of all people, my own coach. However, it is true.

I give you guys credit. Your backs were against the wall and you finally fought back. We had you packaged, sealed, and ready for delivery, then we decided to take the boot off your throat and help you to your feet. You guys did it all from there.

Quite simply, I think we could have won easily had we kept up our attitude from the first half. We stopped blitzing, rushed an ineffective four, and played prevent with our DBs. And good ol' Fragile EgoPepper got his groove back.

We played not to lose. You guys smelled blood and played to win.

And that is the difference in the game. Props to you guys, I'm sure you are all still dancing in the streets, while we're picking up the pieces.

Hopefully, maybe one of you can admit that Favre played a near-flawless game today. It was great as a packer fan to watch, and frustrating to see that what he has around him is not only mediocre to begin with, but injuries make that even worse. Add in idiotic coaching, and you can tell where I am living right now!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

6-KINGS Guest

Re: Congrats

Hey L.A.

Great game today huh.

Hard fought and was anybodies game.

Farve looked sharp today. That guy, as much as I dislike him, is a throwback to the old days of football.

I look foward to the next game

mrswebby is offline Rookie

Hi, L.A. As for the banner, sorry- but we had to needle you Packer fans a little bit, especially after all the emails received saying "you should kill yourself cause you suck". (Just a few- many not even viewed before the delete button is pushed..though I'm sure just a little friendly rivalry. Nonetheless, couldn't resist the banner. Got your attention, didn't it?)

It was a good game- glad to see the Vikes come back and play and yes, it was close, and we're thrilled the Vikes came out on top. As for Favre and the players around him- that's the reality of any team. Injuries, different levels of dedication and drive, mediocre or top notch... the moral of the story has always been that not one player can do it on their own, it takes the entire team. That's the nature of the game. It comes with as a complete package of coaches, fans, players, owners- and you work with what you have.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I am choking as I write, "Favre played almost flawless"...not because it isn't true (it is true), but because that stupid announcer kept repeating...over and over..."you can't defend a perfect pass". Every single time Favre completed a pass, out he'd trot that line..."you can't defend a perfect pass". I wanted to choke him silly.

That out of my system, I was VERY impressed with our guys ability to battle back...something that has been missing from the Minnesota Vikings for a long time. Especially after watching drive after drive stall in the 1st half. My heart was pounding when, with over 3 minutes left, we went ahead and gave Favre back the ball. My gut turned over when I watched him drive towards the end zone...just like he's done to us so many times in the past.

But when Edinger hit that 56 yarder to clinch it...I was in heaven. After losing 3 straight to you guys..each by a field goal...it seemed oddly appropriate that we should return the favor.

Inside, I feel like we narrowly escaped. In fact, I KNOW we narrowly escaped. But maybe...just maybe...Daunte has "turned the corner", and is finally ready to lead us. If that is the case, we might yet do something this season.

And, if not...at least we beat Green Bay :razz:

Caine

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I'll say it right now, LA, Favre looked as good as I've ever seen him! I think at one point he was like 21-25, wasn't he? Too bad you guys lost today, you took it to us in the first half.

And I agree 100% about what Caine said about the announcers above ^ - I am sick to DEATH of them slobbering all over Favre's jock (although he did deserve it today)...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

each team only had one half. we scored more points in the half we showed up for. simple as that. nice to see you packer fans not still saying you are better. i hate fans that do that.
    We're bringing purple back.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Agreed...consider the source. It's Bill Maas. For God's sake, how many times can you count the number of defenders in the box with your little computer counters?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

vikingsfan84 is offline Waterboy

i agree that Favre looked good but at least it did not add up to a win for them. Bottom line is that we won and hopefully we can get back on track and concentrate on football.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

well said vikesfan...team needs to concentrate on football and not rough stripper sex lol

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

also of course..im a farve hater and im sick of madden and and commentary nearly (drooling over his jock strap...I am sick of it...but great win and good game packer fans..and yeah a lil props to farve (hatred leads to the dark side ) good game by him...but geesh i wish he would just retire and stop crying after every loss) he had a great game but my hometwn vikings stole the show from him in the second half

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast