Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confidense

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Confidense

It not like I expect him to say:

" I don't want to play Moss because he would destroy me."

But I mean come on, Moss dominates corners like Woodson, Surtain and the like. The best CBs in the game. Even if for some freak reason he was as good as them, he is still a Rookie CB. Which means growing pains.

The Pack arn't dumb enough to line him on Moss, so I wouldn't expect him to get his wish. Even so, be careful what you wish for.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Confidense

While neither Walker, Driver, or Ferguson are in the top 5 as a reciever, as a group of 3 they are one of the best. What other group of "3" is better? One or two groups.... thus this group is "one of the best"... Vikings, they have Moss and who else???? Exactly
    3 Straight Division Champs

Confidense

The Vikings #1 problem is they have a star player in a position that cannot dominate the game. A RB... they can take control. A QB... for sure... a WR? All they do is bitch that they dont get the "damn ball" enough. The WR depends on a fumbling QB to be good. The Vikings need more than Moss to control a game, and when he decideds not to play, as he does in 25% of the games, its over. Look, Owen, Johnson, etc... none of them are game changers....

I know, go ahead and cry and bitch and say what you are about to say.. bring it on..... but its the truth... till the Vikings invest in a QB who can hang onto the ball and a RB who doesnt get hurt.. and a defense.. (The side of the ball that STOPS people from scoring..been so long since you had one I thought Id let you know) they won't go anywhere. Its the truth.... start your complaining and "packman" dont know shit quotes now......

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Confidense

Why are you talking trash about our QB and RB? We probably have the deepest group of RBs in the league which include one of the fastest players in the league, probably the second best rookie RB last year (behind Dom. Davis), The Workhorse all around complete back that Moe is and a great College pass catching back in M-squared.

When you say a WR is dpendent on a QB, you are absolutely right, but when you say a WR cannot dominate a game you are so amazingly wrong. Take a look at the film from some of our games against SF, KC, Seattle, Atlanta and you will see Moss dominate.

Moss can dominate the game even if he doesn't make a catch. He ALWAYS gets double teamed, when he doesn't, it's a big play, period. He opens up the offense so much, even in the running game.

As for a QB, gimme a break Culpepper dominated in at least 50% of the games he played in and played solid in another 25%.

Maybe you should worry less about who we have at the Quarterback position and more about what happens when Brett "I'll-throw-the-ball-up-and-see-who-caches-it" Farve, your aging QB who was second in the league in INTS last season. Or Ahman "I'll-just fumble-game-in-overtime-and-lose -the-game" Green.

As for talking trash about defense, get one first and then maybe we might take you seriously.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Confidense

Rookies are so stupid, and he is going to be welcomed by Mr. Moss on November 14th, 2004 at Lambeau!!! GO VIKES!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Confidense

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    While neither Walker, Driver, or Ferguson are in the top 5 as a reciever, as a group of 3 they are one of the best. What other group of "3" is better? One or two groups.... thus this group is "one of the best"... Vikings, they have Moss and who else???? Exactly
    Make that "neither Walker, Driver, or Ferguson are in the top 20 as a receiver"...

I can sort of agree with your point about what group of three receivers, top to bottom, is better than these three...I wouldn't rank them the best, but as a group of three they might be in the top 5. Rams and Colts immediately come to mind as far as teams with better threesomes.

But when your best guy is SO FAR down the list, is it better to have three somewhat better than average guys, or a go-to stud, a complementary #2, and a viable option at #3?

For the Packers sake, I hope this rook dominates the Packers WRs. If he doesn't, he'll be in for a rude awakening when he faces some really good NFL WRs.

EDIT: After looking at last year's stats, here is what I found:

Walker 41 rcp 716 yds 9 TD
    Driver 52 rcp 621 yds 2 TD
    Ferguson 38 rcp 520 yds 4 TD

Total 131 rcp 1857 yds 15 TD 14.2 ypc avg

Moss 111 rcp 1632 yds 17 TD
    Campbell 25 rcp 522 yds 4 TD
    Burleson 29 rcp 455 yds 2 TD

Total 165 rcp 2609 yds 23 TD 15.8 ypc avg

While some might say that Driver and Ferguson are better than Campbell and Burleson (based on number of catches), there's only about 160 yards difference between the pairs, and the TDs are the same. But Moss outpaced Walker by 70 receptions, 900 yards, and 8 TDs. If you look at the totals for the threesomes, the Vikings threesome blows away the Pack's threesome.

I'll be looking forward to seeing Carroll cover either Burleson or Campbell this season, as he should be their nickel back and Burleson/Campbell will be our #3 and #4 wideouts.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Confidense

This is one of those dumb arguments I try to stay out of, but just wanted to mention to purplepat that, on the flip side, Moss is catching 75% of the passes thrown to the three WR's, and the other two combine for 25%.

Not one of the three wideouts for the Pack had more than 50% of the catches. So, one may make the argument that the Packers have more of a "team" of receivers, as opposed to the superstar, and the two guys who pick up a couple of catches.

Just a thought.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Confidense

Hey... Pack fans have been the first one for years to say that we need better receivers. However, judgeing the top 3 receivers on the Packers is not fair when you look at the fact that on average Favre hits 7-9 receivers per game. Culpepper usually uses only his top 3-4. I am sure Favre and Culp were close in the number of completions so they had to go somewhere.

lol... Im still proud i finally got one of my post locked!!! Thanks webby:P

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Confidense

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    The Vikings #1 problem is they have a star player in a position that cannot dominate the game. A RB... they can take control. A QB... for sure... a WR? All they do is beeyatch that they dont get the "damn ball" enough. The WR depends on a fumbling QB to be good. The Vikings need more than Moss to control a game, and when he decideds not to play, as he does in 25% of the games, its over. Look, Owen, Johnson, etc... none of them are game changers....

I know, go ahead and cry and beeyatch and say what you are about to say.. bring it on..... but its the truth... till the Vikings invest in a QB who can hang onto the ball and a RB who doesnt get hurt.. and a defense.. (The side of the ball that STOPS people from scoring..been so long since you had one I thought Id let you know) they won't go anywhere. Its the truth.... start your complaining and "packman" dont know shit quotes now......

Last season, Culpepper committed 17 turnovers; 11 on interceptions, and 6 on fumbles. Favre, on the other hand, committed 23 turnovers; 2 fumbles, and 21 interceptions. Now, tell me again which team needs to worry about their QB giving the ball away? Culpepper was also 3rd in the league in Completion %, Yards per attempt, and passer rating among QBs that had at least 14 attempts per appearance (the starters). That's a pretty dominating season by Culpepper. (For comparison, Favre was 2nd, 10th and 6th)

As for the running back, well, Bennett's been hurt once. Yes, he was slow to heal, but that doesn't mean injuries will be an issue in the future. Plus, while he was gone ( weeks 1-8 ) last year, Onterrio Smith and Moe Williams, his back-ups, combined for 725 yards, and a 4.7 yards per rush average. To give you a point of reference, hat's on par with Deuce McAllister, one of the top rushers in the league.

There's a reason that the Vikings had the #1 offense last year, and the #2 offense the year before that. They have one of the most dominating QBs in the league right now, one of the most dominant running games, and one of the most dominant recievers. The reason that the Vikings havn't been to the playoffs in a couple years is not the offense. When you make statements like that, you're leaving the door wide open for people to tell you don't know shit.

However, you did mention the defense, and that's the one part of your message that you got right. Why do you think the top free agent aquisition for the Vikings, and their top 3 draft picks all went to the defensive side of the ball. The Vikings know where they need improvement, and they're bringing the players in.

As for Ahmad's quotes about the Packers' receivers, well, there's another way to interpret his quotes. The question was "have you faced the tremendous trio of Driver, Walker and Ferguson in practice yet? And if so who is the most difficult of the three for you to cover?" His exact repsonce was, "I haven't really covered them that much since we've just had one mini-camp. But they're probably three of the best receivers in the NFL." In other words, he thinks that they're three of the best, because that's all he's faced. If that's the case, I really can't wait until he gets his first chance against Moss.

johnnyb22 is offline Rookie

Confidense

Packman - We don't need to say anything to you, you have said it best
    Packman doesn't know shit
    . I love that line, so true and concise. Keep up the good work, keep insulting yourself and you will save us alot of time. We can talk about more important things like the Vikes and how the Pack suck!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast