sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Confidense

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Wow this guy is so eloquent:

"what should the fans know about you?
    I will try to win a championship (cuz we figured you wouldn't)"

Are you one of the fastest players on the team?
    I dunno, I guess.

How do you plan on dealing with the tall receivers in the division?
    Use my speed to my advantage (yah cuz your speed puts you at areal advantage against Moss)

I really doubt they would put him on Moss this year though, he would get absolutely embarassed.
    LOL, yeah makes you wonder if he has actually seen Moss play.
    Funny how your making judgements about him before you see HIM play... truth is he might shut down moss and then who will be embarassed.... becareful of paper stats.
    I'm not talking about paper stats...I'm talking about the fact that Randy Moss is double teamed more often than any WR in the NFL and can still make amazing receptions...and the fact that he can out jump just about every CB. Speed alone is not going to beat him...you need height and since he's been working out a lot more, strength is also a factor. Moss has embarassed plenty of defenders...he will do the same with this guy.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

ricky38 is offline Waterboy

Confidense

Moss is an amazing receiver when he wants to play or he isn't pouting of running over a traffice cop. When Moss wants to play he is the best in the game. GO PACKERS.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Confidense

I don't recall writing that Moss isn't great, or anything of the sort. Just stating that it is aweful premature to assume that he will beat a guy who has never played an NFL down. Chances are he will, but to make that statment with the air of confidence that you do is more fanatical than it is intelligent.
    3 Straight Division Champs

Confidense

i think that at this point it would be foolish NOT to assume moss is gonna humiliate this guy. about 1% of corners comming out of college are good enough to start. about .1% of the corners in the league have a chance of not winding up on moss' next poster. props to what's-his-name in chicago, but i bet he gets played like a game of checkers this year. man, it sucks to be a corner in the north!
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Confidense

Actually, other than Carroll saying the Driver, Walker, and Ferguson were some of the top three receivers in the league, I saw really nothing he said worthy of making fun of, other than simply doing it out of "Packers are Stupid, therefore anything they say must be Stupid" mentality.

Frankly, I'm not convinced this kid is going to be the next Darrell Green by a long shot, but he made a lot of good answers, showing himself to be a level-headed kid with some humility and confidence.

Among the 3 other NFC Central teams, which receiver are you most looking forward to playing against? Have a great year Go Pack Go! - Posted by H.K. Bougher of West Des Moines, IA
    We're in the NFC North, and I'm looking forward to playing Randy Moss because of his athletic ability.

That seems pretty respectful to me. What the heck can you attack him on that for, as a Viking fan?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Confidense

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Actually, other than Carroll saying the Driver, Walker, and Ferguson were some of the top three receivers in the league, I saw really nothing he said worthy of making fun of, other than simply doing it out of "Packers are Stupid, therefore anything they say must be Stupid" mentality.

Frankly, I'm not convinced this kid is going to be the next Darrell Green by a long shot, but he made a lot of good answers, showing himself to be a level-headed kid with some humility and confidence.

Among the 3 other NFC Central teams, which receiver are you most looking forward to playing against? Have a great year Go Pack Go! - Posted by H.K. Bougher of West Des Moines, IA
    We're in the NFC North, and I'm looking forward to playing Randy Moss because of his athletic ability.

That seems pretty respectful to me. What the heck can you attack him on that for, as a Viking fan?

I gotta agree. I am not sure what he was thinking by saying that the pack have 3 of the best wr's in the NFL, but he didn't say anything else to attack him about.

I do think it is crazy not to expect Moss to destroy him, if he tries to cover him. He is an unproven rookie and moss is an all pro receiver. I don't think he will be the guy covering Moss, and also there is gonna be more than one guy on Moss anyways.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Confidense

NO Los, i think this topic has a lot f this going against the fact that he stated that the three gb recievers are the best in the league or the three best in the division. That has to be the dumbest thing and most biased thing a player can make, especially if he is a rookie.

Im guessing he says that because he always get burnt by them during practice, thus leading to the fact that they are pretty good. Cant wait to he faces moss then. :twisted:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Confidense

los, i didn't even read the article. all i said was that it is nearly impossible for a rookie corner to stay with moss
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Confidense

It not like I expect him to say:

" I don't want to play Moss because he would destroy me."

But I mean come on, Moss dominates corners like Woodson, Surtain and the like. The best CBs in the game. Even if for some freak reason he was as good as them, he is still a Rookie CB. Which means growing pains.

The Pack arn't dumb enough to line him on Moss, so I wouldn't expect him to get his wish. Even so, be careful what you wish for.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Confidense

Yeah, I know what you're saying ama...I was more directing that at Slackers for bringing it up. The "top receivers" comment was perhaps dumb, especially to you guys, who are extremely protective of Moss's reputation. I see it simply as him being humble and giving credit to his new teammates. That's why I brought up how, in the next breath, he mentions facing Moss as the best athlete he will face.

No hard feelings on my part...just saying my piece on it. I've certainly said my bits to cut on Vikings when I get the chance, too. :-)
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast