Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: confidence

Re: confidence

Ironically enough, the thing keeping me somewhat positive at this point is our defense. I think they are going to be better than I though, and I think Daunte will straighten out soon as well. A road win next week in Cincy would be money.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

nope...haven't lost confidence in the vikes winning division. winning a superbowl...ask me in week 5.

Articnv is offline Coach

Havnt lost confidance because

1 td was called back ona phantom call

2 nd td was cancled do to offsettign pentalities.

Its 1 game. Daunte hada bad day give him a break. The oline wasnt doign all that great.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

No way I haven't lost confidence I'm still a faithful diehard and always will be no matter what emotional rollercoaster they might put me on! It's the first game and yea it sucked that they lost, but it's only 1 game, there are still 15 more to go and I have confidence that they will still win the division title.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Actually, I have gained confidence. Our D can keep us in games, even with 5 turnovers, horrible line play, and a bad day for Dante. The O will not be that bad, most likely all season. Plus, with the Bears, GB, and Detroit in the same division, we are in good shape. I saw about 3 quarters of the GB/Detroit game. That made me feel even better. Dante will get his roll on, and the D will get nothing but better.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

I have not lost one bit of confidence in Daunte, although today has got to be a career low. He's a proven player, he'll bounce back like he has before.

Now for the line and backs. I haven't lost ANY confidence in them because I never had much confidence in them. Go back and look at my posts in March and April. I've had concerns about the line and run game back then because of the Moss trade (this is NOT moss whining-GO LOOK).

This is really a matter of simple math. When Moss was in the game (even injured) the LBs and Safties played deep. What does that mean to the O-line and RB? It means LESS bodies to block and more yardage. The running backs looked better, the run blocking looked better, the pass blocking looked better, the one on one reciever looked better, and therfore the QB looked better.

Now, does this mean that we roll over and die? Um, NO. This means that Moss is gone and the rest of the Offense better get used to it! I do think that they will respond much better in Cincy (how could they not), but they need to do alot of bonding, gelling, practicing to get where I want them to go.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I think we're gonna be ok. Considering how sh!tty we looked we still had a chance to win the game. I feel a lot better about our D after seeing the second half of the game. They were pretty bad in the first half, but the second half they only gave up 90 some yards, and got some key stops (except for the late third and one TD run by Williams).

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I have not lost cofidence and this was only one game. I do think the coaches need to kick some ass on the O-line and get them playing better.

I think the coaching staff (espically Tice) needs to get over this idea of playing smash mouth football and running up the middle.

I think that the offensive coordinator needs to stretch the field, we have the speed to do it. All day yesterday Daunte was running for his life, the O-line needs to give him some protection, and they need to go deep a few times.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Painful as a loss can be, I'd rather see it happen earlier than have a second half colapse. I knew the o-line needs more time, but was really pleased with our defensive effort. The running game will get better every week, and Daunte will protect the ball.
    When the offense starts clicking, , you won't be leaving that defense on the field so long. I think a painful loss right now could catapult this team into a rage.... so watch out you Bengals,
    there is a pissed off team coming to your house next week, and we are gonna misbehave in Cincinnatti's office and get a WIN.

ajefx is offline Rookie

We'll probably back into the playoffs just like last year. I hate to lose confidence in my team after week 1, but all my fears and suspicions that we wouldn't be able to run, the passing game would suffer, the line wouldn't play well, linebackers would contribute only a little, the secondary still has holes, etc. were confirmed.

If I hadn't worried about all the problems we had yesterday so much during the offseason, this loss wouldn't phase me. But we are clearly a worse team than the one that went 8-8 last year.
    <<Hates Ted Cottrell with a passion

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast