singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Condition, desire have Sharper passing greats

[size=13pt]Condition, desire have Sharper passing greats[/size]

The veteran Vikings safety is the leading active player in interceptions, and he's moving up.

By JIM SOUHAN, Star Tribune
    startribune.com

Last update: May 26, 2008 - 8:02 AM

Giants star Michael Strahan skips training camp for a very good reason: He wants to....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Condition, desire have Sharper passing greats

with Jared Allen expected to cause many a fluttering pass
    There is that statement again on how Allen will help the secondary. Take notes Packer fans. You should be fearful!

Great article on Sharper, Singer. I hope he has a good year. I might think he is a glory hound but he is still a great player.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

And, he is there, working with the team and helping the new guys get on time!!
    We have 3 new safeties this year in Madieu, Boulware and Tyrell, and since these are the guys the Tampa2 is named for, we need that experience out there with them.

So, there it is,
    and Sharper has no intention of 2008 representing a farewell tour
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out next offseason.
    On one hand, with Madieu's contract and Tyrell's potential, it will be hard to keep him.
    Then, you have to ask, how many more seasons does he want to play?
    I think, that there will still be an outside chance that he will resign with us, if we have a successful season, look to be close to being a championship team, and he signs a short contract (2 or 3 years) for a bit less than market value.
    I mean, realistically, can we even afford two S with Contracts like Madieu's?
    And, I wonder what Tyrell's contract #s will look like, as a 2nd round pick...and then add in those other big contracts we gave out this year, and you have to think our Salary Cap Room will be less next year than we've seen since before McDick took over.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Preparing for his 12th season in the NFL and fourth with the Vikings, Sharper looks the same as he ever was, and what fans might forget about him after two average statistical seasons is that he is one of the most accomplished players of his generation.
    You reading that Marr?

Those two average seasons coincide with Childress' Tampa 2 defense.

Let these guys have a little more freedom & do what they do best...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    Preparing for his 12th season in the NFL and fourth with the Vikings, Sharper looks the same as he ever was, and what fans might forget about him after two average statistical seasons is that he is one of the most accomplished players of his generation.
    You reading that Marr?

I hear ya my friend.
    Problem is, they aren't gonna change the scheme just so Sharp can get his HOF numbers up a bit.

By the way, now that the DL is fixed, I suspect your boy will be a bit happier this year as QB's make bad throws.

Additionally, as much as I hate the guy, I will give him props when they are due.....

For NFL players of pedigree, the importance of offseason practices, and even training camp, is a matter of personal taste and agenda, and yet Darren Sharper spent last week running sprints, tutoring younger teammates and meeting with coaches.
    As much as I dislike the guy, I gotta give him credit for acting like a Vet and a leader on this team unlike a certain player that I do like who thinks it is more important to follow his own workout regimine instead of working out with the team were it will benifit the youngsters.

Maybe he is worried the two C backing him up will learn something from him that will make him expendable.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    You reading that Marr?

I hear ya my friend.
    Problem is, they aren't gonna change the scheme just so Sharp can get his HOF numbers up a bit.

By the way, now that the DL is fixed, I suspect your boy will be a bit happier this year as QB's make bad throws.

Additionally, as much as I hate the guy, I will give him props when they are due.....

For NFL players of pedigree, the importance of offseason practices, and even training camp, is a matter of personal taste and agenda, and yet Darren Sharper spent last week running sprints, tutoring younger teammates and meeting with coaches.
    As much as I dislike the guy, I gotta give him credit for acting like a Vet and a leader on this team unlike a certain player that I do like who thinks it is more important to follow his own workout regimine instead of working out with the team were it will benifit the youngsters.

Maybe he is worried the two C backing him up will learn something from him that will make him expendable.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    If he was, don't you think he'd be teaching them how to do it wrong instead?
    :P

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

thats awesome that he is tutoring young players, like his evetual replacement

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"mountainviking" wrote:
    And, he is there, working with the team and helping the new guys get on time!!
    We have 3 new safeties this year in Madieu, Boulware and Tyrell, and since these are the guys the Tampa2 is named for, we need that experience out there with them.

So, there it is,
    and Sharper has no intention of 2008 representing a farewell tour
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out next offseason.
    On one hand, with Madieu's contract and Tyrell's potential, it will be hard to keep him.
    Then, you have to ask, how many more seasons does he want to play?
    I think, that there will still be an outside chance that he will resign with us, if we have a successful season, look to be close to being a championship team, and he signs a short contract (2 or 3 years) for a bit less than market value.
    I mean, realistically, can we even afford two S with Contracts like Madieu's?
    And, I wonder what Tyrell's contract #s will look like, as a 2nd round pick...and then add in those other big contracts we gave out this year, and you have to think our Salary Cap Room will be less next year than we've seen since before McDick took over.

I think it is possible we resign him to a 3 year contract. It would be as you said though, under market value. Would he be willing? More important perhaps, would he be willing to share time down the road?