Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I'm glad you mentioned that. 4 hits allowed, that's pretty good no?

a) helps to have a QB who can escape pressure
    b) we didn't exactly pass alot. 45 attempts, 4 hits. (but also 4 sacks? I'm assuming hits doesn't include sacks?) If it does, makes me wonder what they consider a "hit". However, so 45 attempts, 4 hits, hit every 11.25 throws. Now, I'm not going to go through and do the math for every team, but I'd imagine our hit:throw ratio isn't #1 in the league. Just call it a hunch.

So pointing out the flaw in your argument is a way of getting out of a "bind"?

I guess since you like to ignore flaws in the point you try to make, yeah, I suppose that is a good tactic.
    Do you call bootlegs scrambling? I'm guessing you will say no, (thats my view of it), so with that in mind, how many times did Dnabb actually have to scramble to extend a play Sunday?

When will you ever learn. I don't argue. I discuss. Arguing means I'm taking a stance and won't get off of it. Discussing means I will not only talk about multiple points, but will also change my viewpoint of another can give me better information.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I call moving out of the pocket scrambling, whether it's moving to buy time, a designed rollout or just taking off and gaining yardage.

Yesterday, McNabb scrambled a fair bit, probably 4 or 5 carriers (didn't look up the actual number) and a more times moving around in the backfield. In the SD game, McNabb actually ran more, gained something like 30 yards on 3 carriers.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Do you call bootlegs scrambling? I'm guessing you will say no, (thats my view of it), so with that in mind, how many times did Dnabb actually have to scramble to extend a play Sunday?

When will you ever learn. I don't argue. I discuss. Arguing means I'm taking a stance and won't get off of it. Discussing means I will not only talk about multiple points, but will also change my viewpoint of another can give me better information.
    Actually, mostly you argue.

Not that there is any merit to a dictionary, but this is what they contend is the definition of argue.

ar·gue (ärgy)
    v. ar·gued, ar·gu·ing, ar·gues
    v.tr.
    1. To put forth reasons for or against; debate: "It is time to stop arguing tax-rate reductions and to enact them" (Paul Craig Roberts).
    2. To attempt to prove by reasoning; maintain or contend: The speaker argued that more immigrants should be admitted to the country.
    3. To give evidence of; indicate: "Similarities cannot always be used to argue descent" (Isaac Asimov).
    4. To persuade or influence (another), as by presenting reasons: argued the clerk into lowering the price.
    v.intr.
    1. To put forth reasons for or against something: argued for dismissal of the case; argued against an immediate counterattack.
    2. To engage in a quarrel; dispute.
    Seems you only like to associate with the last one.

Discuss and argue are pretty interchangeable. Hardly worth continuing to correct posters for using it in the proper context.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    You sumbitch! Quite effing up the Vikings!

=Z=
    It's a character flaw.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I should have posted our OL stats in this thread instead of the one I did post them in. Pretty funny when you look at this and then look at how terrible most of you think the OL is.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...qualified=true
    Since when have stats ever given us a win? BTW- Did you hear the speech Morris gave in the locker room after they win? It was basically that he didn't give a damn about stats, only that they went out there and won. Maybe take a few minutes to look up his speech and make a new spreadsheet for him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123