Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916
    The fact that he allowed TB to run out the clock while withing goal line was inexcusable. A seasoned madden player would tell you that you have to stop the clock.

    Everyone will blame McNabb.....well not everyone just Purple Floyd... but both of these losses are squarely on coaching.
    We have had a few years of poor drafting and we did nothing to improve the talent on this team via free agency.
    Had we been able to sign our players to long term contracts, we would have been able to be a player to bring in a major WR this offseason. However, we are still leading games against good teams at half time.

  2. #12
    VikesFan787's Avatar
    VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    889
    Every time we hike the ball I have this... uneasy feeling. A feeling of "the worst possible thing is going to happen". I tend to think Leslie has that same feeling.
    814


  3. #13
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    The fact that he allowed TB to run out the clock while withing goal line was inexcusable. A seasoned madden player would tell you that you have to stop the clock.

    Everyone will blame McNabb.....well not everyone just Purple Floyd... but both of these losses are squarely on coaching.
    We have had a few years of poor drafting and we did nothing to improve the talent on this team via free agency.
    Had we been able to sign our players to long term contracts, we would have been able to be a player to bring in a major WR this offseason. However, we are still leading games against good teams at half time.
    Well I guess your post just provides a picture into your lack of comprehension and that you really aren't listening to what I am saying.

    It is certainly true that I really dislike McNabb but then again I really disliked Favre too. The difference being Brett came in with an opportunity to take the team to the next level and he darn near did it.

    But as I have been saying all year we do not have the depth to contend for the division title or the playoffs and McChunky isn't going to get us there so my stance is we are wasting our time bringing him in here and we should just concentrate on developing the younger players. Bitch all you want about my stance but I am willing to bet by mid season everyone will be adjusted to that mentality when we are out of the playoffs and they realize what I already know in that this season holds no hope except building for the future and McNabb isn't part of that picture.

    You may also be interested in my recent posts stating that the ownership screwed up by not hiring an experienced GM to make the coaching staff and personnel decisions and to evaluate whether we have the right coaches in place.

    So feel free to evoke my name all you want but I have been here long enough and been right enough to know that your opinion means squat in the general scheme of things.

    But hey- Don't get butt hurt by players that quit and owners that are getting schooled in running a franchise and instead turn the focus on some rube posting on a chat board because that is the real problem.

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    I should have posted our OL stats in this thread instead of the one I did post them in. Pretty funny when you look at this and then look at how terrible most of you think the OL is.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...qualified=true
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    But hey- Don't get butt hurt by players that quit and owners that are getting schooled in running a franchise and instead turn the focus on some rube posting on a chat board because that is the real problem.
    You sumbitch! Quite effing up the Vikings!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #16
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I should have posted our OL stats in this thread instead of the one I did post them in. Pretty funny when you look at this and then look at how terrible most of you think the OL is.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...qualified=true
    Lol you bringing up OL "Stats"

    In fact, the "Stats" you show are rushing totals.

    Rushing totals that show AP being the beast that he is. None of those "Stats" Show that our line sucks and AP gains about 85% of the yards by himself.

    Wanna see a fun stat? Guess what team leads the league in rushes for a loss between the tackles?

    (I'll give you a hint, it's the Vikings) http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...qualified=true

    Counting rushing yards and believing it in any way that our OL deserves any credit for it is laughable.

    Better yet, McNabb has 44 rush yards and a 6.3 average. He actually brings UP our rushing totals, rather than hinders it like most QB's do.

    Considering most teams don't have a QB who can run like McNabb can, those "Stats" are even more skewed.

    Actually, the only reason McNabb should be running is when our blocking isn't good enough to give him a decent pocket. So, kinda goes against your whole "Our OL isn't complete shit" idea you're throwing out here.
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 09-19-2011 at 01:31 PM.

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Lol you bringing up OL "Stats"

    In fact, the "Stats" you show are rushing totals.

    Rushing totals that show AP being the beast that he is. None of those "Stats" Show that our line sucks and AP gains about 85% of the yards by himself.

    Wanna see a fun stat? Guess what team leads the league in rushes for a loss between the tackles?

    (I'll give you a hint, it's the Vikings) http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...qualified=true

    Counting rushing yards and believing it in any way that our OL deserves any credit for it is laughable.

    Better yet, McNabb has 44 rush yards and a 6.3 average. He actually brings UP our rushing totals, rather than hinders it like most QB's do.

    Considering most teams don't have a QB who can run like McNabb can, those "Stats" are even more skewed.

    Actually, the only reason McNabb should be running is when our blocking isn't good enough to give him a decent pocket. So, kinda goes against your whole "Our OL isn't complete shit" idea you're throwing out here.
    What do you mean just rushing totals?

    Whats laughable is you trying to give me clues.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    What do you mean just rushing totals?
    I mean, your OL "Stats" consist of:
    attempts, yards, average, td's, 1st downs, and breakdowns of left, center and right. How exactly is that NOT rushing totals? The thing about OL, is no stats can tell you how well they play. When you have a guy like AP, he makes the OL look alot better than they are.
    Whats laughable is you trying to give me clues.
    Somebody has to.

    btw, didn't care to comment on the whole "leading the league in carriers for a loss" stat?

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I mean, your OL "Stats" consist of:
    attempts, yards, average, td's, 1st downs, and breakdowns of left, center and right. How exactly is that NOT rushing totals? The thing about OL, is no stats can tell you how well they play. When you have a guy like AP, he makes the OL look alot better than they are.

    Somebody has to.

    btw, didn't care to comment on the whole "leading the league in carriers for a loss" stat?
    Slide your coverage (I mean eyes) to the last two columns on the right. One is QB hits allowed the other is Sacks allowed if I'm not mistaken.

    We are the lowest for QB hits (4) and pretty damn good with sacks (4).

    As to your question, no, I didn't comment on it cause thats your normal way of getting out of a bind with me. Besides, I covered that in another thread were I posted all the OL totals.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Slide your coverage (I mean eyes) to the last two columns on the right. One is QB hits allowed the other is Sacks allowed if I'm not mistaken.

    We are the lowest for QB hits (4) and pretty damn good with sacks (4).
    I'm glad you mentioned that. 4 hits allowed, that's pretty good no?

    a) helps to have a QB who can escape pressure
    b) we didn't exactly pass alot. 45 attempts, 4 hits. (but also 4 sacks? I'm assuming hits doesn't include sacks?) If it does, makes me wonder what they consider a "hit". However, so 45 attempts, 4 hits, hit every 11.25 throws. Now, I'm not going to go through and do the math for every team, but I'd imagine our hit:throw ratio isn't #1 in the league. Just call it a hunch.

    As to your question, no, I didn't comment on it cause thats your normal way of getting out of a bind with me. Besides, I covered that in another thread were I posted all the OL totals.


    So pointing out the flaw in your argument is a way of getting out of a "bind"?

    I guess since you like to ignore flaws in the point you try to make, yeah, I suppose that is a good tactic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •