Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Concerns in Minnesota are legit

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    I hate to say it, but Lombardi is right. Our offensive line is the biggest problem. It doesn't matter who the QB is if you can't protect him.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    I hate to say it, but Lombardi is right. Our offensive line is the biggest problem. It doesn't matter who the QB is if you can't protect him.
    Stop the presses!........

I thought you were telling us McChunky was going to win us games because of his experience? I told you he wasn't going to be able to raise the play of those around him enough to make a difference like that other QB did in 09.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    To be fair, I think our OL is significantly worse this season than in 09.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    To be fair, I think our OL is significantly worse this season than in 09.
    How? McKinney is gone and replaced by a player who is a vet at that position and at least was able to keep Manning clean. Cook , who played RT was replaced by Loadholt who is an absolute upgrade in talent and the rest of the line-correct me if I am wrong- Is the same. And the Childress KAO is now gone and we all know that it couldn't get any worse as far as scheme is concerned.....

norsefan is offline Training Camp
    Coaching issues on not having the Kickoff Return Team ready for an Onside Kick. We had been dominating the Clock, and their Defense had to be dog tired and not ready to go out there. Then, to have pulled Harvin from Kickoff Return after 1 Bucs score allowed (slower) Booker to take it 6 yards deep in the End Zone and not take the Touchback. Special Teams not having a good day is quite a bit on ST Coach Mike Priefer. PENALTIES, Offsides, etc, is oh HC. NOT USING OUR 3 TOs as the Bucs were inside of our 20 and running out the Clock is on our HC. I was excited in the first Half. Cedric Griffin is all heart at CB, but still returning from recent ACL surgery. GET RID OF BERNARD BERRIAN! Waste of space for #1 WR. 4 targets = 1 catch. Some of that is on Donovan; yet if BBs speed was what they say it is, he would get more separation for more catches.

I dont know, but i am just stunned as to how we look so good in first half then nothing. I feel our special teams was horrible today. Punting and returns together. Kluwe had an off day for sure, not very good. Our defense just wilted in 2nd half. Very disappointing...

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    How? McKinney is gone and replaced by a player who is a vet at that position and at least was able to keep Manning clean. Cook , who played RT was replaced by Loadholt who is an absolute upgrade in talent and the rest of the line-correct me if I am wrong- Is the same. And the Childress KAO is now gone and we all know that it couldn't get any worse as far as scheme is concerned.....
    Johnson did not keep Manning clean. He gave up 6 sacks last season. McKinnie was far from perfect in pass protection but he was always damn good at run blocking and for a team built around a running game his lose does affect us.

Age and injuries also affect a team. Hutch isn't the same player that he was in 2009. Sure players can also improve but a guy like Sullivan has limited upside due to his size so his growth isn't going to off set what we lose in McKinnie and Hutch. Loadholt actually regressed his 2nd year so he is just getting back to his 2009 form. Herrera is coming off of an ACL injury.

There is just no logical reason to say that our line is better. While the scheme may be less complicated it won't makeup for the drop in talent.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Not like we were too concerned about being a good team anyways.
    We're bringing purple back.

Zand is offline Waterboy
    Someone mentioned it earlier and you can blame the Oline all you want but at the end of the day if a coach doesn't know how to play with a clock, that's how you end up having to make a comeback with 24 seconds, not to mention horrible play calling in those 24 seconds.

Blame the coaches, other teams are ready without OTA's. If your coach can't coach then how do you win?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast