Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Complete Makeover

I am excited every year. Maybe a little more than the years past because of the changes we have made. No more air attacks and crap like that. Good play up front, a solid QB who does not turn the ball over, and an opportunistic defense that can hold a lead.

That my friends is the formula for winning games. Question is all you want, but it works and cannot be proven wrong. :wink:

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

at first, honestly i thought wilf was going way overboard with the amount of changes, and hated him for getting rid of cottrell & linehan, but then again, but thats sure as hell changed

zygi for prez

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

KorenWhiskey is offline Training Camp

I am not quite as optimistic. I think it will take a feww games for the WCO to get going. Also, Have you seen the schedule? Holy Sh@t its tough. I still think the division is weak and if Chicago is the favorite, we have a chance because their offense is so weak.

yeah.. i think a part of me died when i looked at the schedual, but then it lightened up because im i dont want an easy schedual if what we want is to see what we're made of

if we play well this season with that match line up, no one can say it was a fluke

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

Every fan or follower of any team will find things to be optimistic about, it's just human nature.

The thing I am really paying attention to right now is the new stadium issue. I was pleased to here that the "Commish" spoke to the legislative committee that is dealing with the new stadium bill. I think that of all people he can reall give that push over the top and help make this dream a reality.

This article really does a nice job of describing the whole event, http://www.minnesotavikings.com/news_detail_objectname_TagatHearing51606.html

Aberration is offline Rookie

I would say I'm optimistic but I find it hard to feel comfortable with a new approach on O and a new D. Havng said that our O should be better than last year when they were horrible and if the D can stay sort of healthy and get anything from the LB corps they can improve on their performances from the end of last year. If you look at the schedule compared to everyone else in the division... its the same! for better or worse we essentially play all the same teams as the Lions,Bears and Pack. I think all the anxiousness we all have is that there are so many unknowns, hopefully that means good things this year but for sure it means good things in the next years to come.

hopefully we have our crap together buy week 6 when we face the seahawks & burleson =)

- Dan Calabrese

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    hopefully we have our crap together buy week 6 when we face the seahawks & burleson =)
    Isn't that five weeks too late? Sure I mean there is a past with the Seahawks now, but we need to be ready by week one! Especially because we are on MNF, which is a much bigger deal than the Seahawks game.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

we face the lions week 5, goes

at skins
    panthers
    bears
    at bills
    lions
    at seahawks

and yeah =) we do need to be ready week one, i just kind of meant if it takes a while for our team to mesh well into these new systems with these new faces, i hope its by then =P

- Dan Calabrese

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    we face the lions week 5, goes

at skins
    panthers
    bears
    at bills
    lions
    at seahawks

and yeah =) we do need to be ready week one, i just kind of meant if it takes a while for our team to mesh well into these new systems with these new faces, i hope its by then =P
    Meshing is what minicamps, training camps, and the preaseason is for. If we haven't meshed until week 6, that means starting the season 2-3 at best because we wouldn't stand a chance against the bears, skins, or panthers. I know what you mean, but they are football players, and not gelling is a lame excuse for playing badly. If we are not together on MNF in Washington that is unnacceptable. Baltimore last year was embarrassing enough.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast